Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch shopping in hk

hi guys,

happy new year to everyone in advance! i'm heading to hong kong for a vacation in the first week of the new year, and i was just thinking where is good in hongkong to do some watch hunting. i dont really have a specific watch in mind, so i am looking at both brand new ( ap, zenith, pams) and vintage (universal, heuer and pre daytonas) watches. i am in the process of doing my research, and it will be great if those who have experiences watch hunting in HK could share with me some good shops and areas. cheers guys!

many little private watch shops on the small streets along Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui area, they are usually on ground floor road side, full glass display of blinging timepieces... you wont miss them...
    and Panerai boutique is at TST too!

anyway, I'll be there 2-5 Jan!! unfortunately, staying at Tseun Wan area...

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by kel12 View Post
      many little private watch shops on the small streets along Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui area, they are usually on ground floor road side, full glass display of blinging timepieces... you wont miss them...
      and Panerai boutique is at TST too!

anyway, I'll be there 2-5 Jan!! unfortunately, staying at Tseun Wan area...

Enjoy!
      Those shop isit just opposite peninsular hotel? But tsim sha Tsui the panerai boutique one shld be behide peninsular hotel too where there's a very big pam poster.

Mark if u wanna go ap, hublot boutique then go central or u can try out at 周大福 there selling alot of different brands too n all over hk u will see this name. But got a bad experience Cos was quoted much higher price then retail when in hk. Like they chop u because ur not local. Only when at the departure hall back to sg then got quoted for a gd price. But anyway njoy.

Comment

thanks guys for the responses. so they are mostly in the TST, nathan road area for the independent stores? Also, i read that the holiday inn area has an abundance of watch shops (maybe its the same area?)Will look up more on these places. Final stops will be at the boutiques, the poisonous pam boutique is just right opposite where I am putting up :/ haha have a great new year in advance and have a fruitful trip kel12!

Comment

Don't forget to declare on your return for GST purposes. You don't want ICA people following you back home

Comment

Originally posted by Choo Yao Chuen View Post
            Don't forget to declare on your return for GST purposes. You don't want ICA people following you back home
            need to declare meh?! I didnt know that!
            Wei...give chance leh... Iam just a newbie...:red:

Comment

Don't you read the news Bro?

A lady just got caught on arrival at Changi with few branded handbags. Instead of just charging her for the GST at the airport, the ICA officers brought her home, to find more undeclared bags

Comment

wah so choon. I also going there next week.
                I will be in Kowloon and Macau. See u in HK.

Comment

Don't you read the news Bro?

A lady just got caught on arrival at Changi with few branded handbags. Instead of just charging her for the GST at the airport, the ICA officers brought her home, to find more undeclared bags
                  nope... so far i only bought 1 or 2 pieces on every trip and i didnt declare...
                  Wei...give chance leh... Iam just a newbie...:red:

Comment

Originally posted by lausai88 View Post
                    wah so choon. I also going there next week.
                    I will be in Kowloon and Macau. See u in HK.
                    haha the only way to chase away post new year celebrations blues: plan post new year holiday hohoho. have a safe trip!

Comment

also....... I recently saw this watch called the sinn u1 (maybe i'm abit slow) any chance i could get it at an even cheaper price in hongkong lol

Comment

I think of you just buy one or two, still ok lah.. You can wear one and the other ask you friend to help you wear it.. Then courier the empty box back to sin..

Main reason for the Ica ppl to do so it's because they don't want ppl to buy back to sell.. That lady that got caught buy too many that why..

Comment

Originally posted by eojmil View Post
                          nope... so far i only bought 1 or 2 pieces on every trip and i didnt declare...
                          Just travel light. Less probability of getting checked.

Comment

Hello!

Anyone bought watches from this shop call MOIBOTIME in hong kong? Need help on any information on this shop! Tytytyty!

Comment

I avoid the AD in HKG since in the 90s there are horror stories of fakes ex HKG..

I am looking for 1 rolex DJ and the price between the AD and grey is about 1K so i would rather give this money to support local economy.

The shops are not anywhere cheaper which is also the same from Airport.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X