Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone bought watches from ebay before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone bought watches from ebay before?

If yes which merchant is reputable? Any problems when receiving the watch? Thanks

So far...
    I had only traded with one seller. That is Roland Kemmner.
    The Chronograph i ordered with him came in in very good and immaculate condition that made me wanted to buy from him again... however when my PayPal account got problem, by the time it was resolved, Euro was much higher then with addition he don't come out with chronographs from then... but to be frank, although only one model is made(and perhaps will not have other designs), as return buyer, we can get a good deal by communicating with him on customizing the watch as another variant to the last purchase.

And in my monitoring list...

For Russian watches, Juri Levenberg.
    In comparison to other sellers in the net, such as AM-Watches, and Poljot24, Juri have a much wider and extensive range of options than them. In fact, according to one of the discussion in WatchUSeek, it was revealed that Poljot24 got their stocks from Juri Levenberg.

For the mass market brands, Born2watch.
    This seller have an inventory of common known mass market brand watches we see in our little island. Victorinox, Tissot, Hamilton... you name it, they have it. However, most of the brands they carry are entry level ones, with minor mid-range brands we know. Swatch group's traditional mid-class names like RADO, MIDO and Longines, as well as brands from LVMH you'll not find it there. The only mid-class brands they carry are TULTIMA and EDOX.

For niche italian designs, Lamberti Orologiai.
    This Italy registered company have watches designed and powered with movements from Switzerland and China. Majority of the handwind chronos are Seagull ST19 based, along with other autos with Swiss ETA movements. However, the latter options are barely available and designs are dull. Price wise, depending on the period's x-rates, ST19 handwind chronos can be priced from SGD$600 to 800.

Comment

I bought a Citizen Signature Grand Touring early this year from a eBay seller which turns out to be a shop in U.S. Everything went smoothly and without any problems.

As for private sellers, I usually use paypal to safeguard myself
      Life is a gamble. It's either you win or you lose. But if you don't even dare to try... You are destined to be a loser

Comment

If want buy from ebay, better do homework first to check in forum about the seller.

For expensive watch, i prefer bought from shop or this forum, which is safer.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinc04 View Post
          I bought a Citizen Signature Grand Touring early this year from a eBay seller which turns out to be a shop in U.S. Everything went smoothly and without any problems.

As for private sellers, I usually use paypal to safeguard myself
          Agree that Paypal is a good safeguard. Make sure you ask all questions and have them answered to your satisfaction through eBay. If watch arrives and not consistent with your understanding, you can report to Paypal and they will give you refund once you send the watch back to the seller.

In my previous experience, you get your refund once you give Paypal the proof that the watch has been sent back to the seller. You don't need prove that the seller has actually received the watch. This is to prevent cases where the seller refuses to accept the watch from the courier.

Comment

I have bought watches from Ebay quite regularly. I remember purchasing my first IWC Portugese from Ebay .The watch was received on time and was in a better condition than described , this was from an east european seller (which I would have avoided ) but with high reputation. i have also bought a few burans and my first (and last)Tissot T Touch .
            my recommendation ..if stakes are too high (price or with brands that are faked well like rolex) always stick to local dealers and get the same verified , always and always stick to Paypal and do not get scammed if the dealer asks you to deal outside Ebay on the pretext of saving taxes or giving you a better price
            also you would notice that price of some sought after brands are higher on ebay then local . hence only use Ebay if and only if you are unable to source the item locally (either singapore or hongkong )
            :-)

Comment

If possible to meet up when outstation , will be good

Comment

No.

Picture cannot tell condition external n internal
                past collection
                Omega 3510.61,3520.50,3510.53,3510.50,3511.50,3513.50,35 21.30
                Rolex 1500,1601,1675,1680,5513,6426,6694,14060M,16234, 16523,16013,16570,16600,16613,16713,16800,16520,11 6523,116660,16610,16610lv

Comment

Deal with one local ebay seller who got very good deal for japanese watch before, fast delivery, good price.

Comment

It's TOO Risky ...

They might tell you "buy the seller", etc, etc.

BUT, without seeing and feeling the real stuff, chances of getting conned are very high ...

Comment

so far i haven't try yet

Comment

buy a casio and seiko from ebay before, no issues, everything is good

Comment

I have only bought a seiko kinetic perpetual Calander SNP 065 from EBay once for which I bidded and got it at a real attractive price and also bcos Sg doesn't carry that model locally. The only thing is that warranty isn't covered in sg but so far the watch turns out fine.
                          Present:

Rolex TT Sunburst 116613LB
                          Hublot 301.SB.131.RX BB Steel Ceramic
                          IWC 377717 Le Petit Prince

Comment

Originally posted by kunzzy View Post
                            If yes which merchant is reputable? Any problems when receiving the watch? Thanks
                            Yes, I bought a lots of old vintage watches and does repair and restoring myself.
                            So far, all the individual seller are vert reliable.

Comment

To be safe... no.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X