Singapore confirms three more H1N1 flu cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore confirms three more H1N1 flu cases

SINGAPORE: Singapore has confirmed three more cases of Influenza A (H1N1).

This brings the number of infected persons in the country to four.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...432416/1/.html

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_382905.html

SINGAPORE on Thursday confirmed three more cases of Influenza A (H1N1). The patients are being treated at the Communicable Disease Centre at Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH).

Their symptoms are relatively mild and all of them are in stable condition, said a statement from Ministry of Health on Thursday night.

The latest patients, bringing the total cases so far to four, are:
    # A 43-year-old woman Permanent Resident who returned to Singapore from San Francisco via Manila on Tuesday at 5.50pm. She was on Singapore Airlines flight SQ917 and was seated at 33H. She became unwell while on board.
    # A 28-year-old American woman who is working here. She returned to Singapore from Honolulu via Tokyo on Tuesday 11.53pm on United Airlines, UA803. She was seated at 33C.
    # A 28-year-old Singaporean man who returned to Singapore from Chicago via Hong Kong just past midnight on Monday. He was on United Airlines, UA895 and was seated at 55H.

MOH said contact tracing of their close contacts, including passengers on the same flights, is ongoing.

They will be quarantined and provided with antivirals.

Passengers who sat within three rows in front and behind the affected person who have not been contacted by MOH yet should call the ministry hotline at 1800-333 9999 to enable the authorties to check on their health condition expeditiously.

The affected rows for SQ917 are 30-36; for UA803, rows 30-36 and for UA895, rows 52-58.

The ministry again reminded those who have travelled in the past one week to affected countries to seek immediate medical attention once they develop influenza-like symptoms.

They should call 993 for an ambulance.

'This will help minimise the risk of infecting those around them, especially people who are at higher risk of severe illness and complications of influenza,' said MOH.

'It is with the cooperation of the public that we can together help prevent the spread of the virus in Singapore and prevent unnecessary illness or death.'

The Ministry has reminded all medical practitioners and healthcare institutions to continue to be vigilant to suspect cases.
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Maybe 30 more cases by this weekend...

Comment

the inevitable has arrived... lets see how well we do this time round..
      In The Bag
      Him
      Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
      Her
      Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
      Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

GSS is round the corner....jialat! bad timing

Comment

you mean good ...... more sales, more discounts, bigger carrots!!
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

i think we will fare well this time. besides readiness, also the virus not as potent as expected. thus, another ordinary day.....

Comment

the 28 yr old man is my colleague. He just came back from chicago training on monday and tio this kinda daiji..haiz..
              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X