I am new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am new

Hi all - I am very new to rolex watch. My husband wanted to get me 1 for my birthday...but my concern is will the watch depreciate fast...pls advice me.

Welcome to the club

I think you have to luv them before prices...so far i see some rolex prices remaining quite constant.....just my 2 cents

anyway it's a gift from hubby, so i guess u won't sell it rite?...hehe

cheers
    Rolex SD "m" series
    Omega Speedmaster
    PAM 164K

Comment

Originally posted by chanandlim View Post
      Hi all - I am very new to rolex watch. My husband wanted to get me 1 for my birthday...but my concern is will the watch depreciate fast...pls advice me.
      Firstly, welcome. You are fortunate to have such a husband who loves and cherishes you. Whether the watch will depreciate fast is subjective. How fast is your 'fast'? Yes, most watches will depreciate; fast or slow will depend on specific model. As for ROLEX, it is the same except that there is resale value in it. Again, how much is the value will depend on model.

Good luck shopping!

Originally posted by finnsim View Post
      Welcome to the club

I think you have to luv them before prices...so far i see some rolex prices remaining quite constant.....just my 2 cents

anyway it's a gift from hubby, so i guess u won't sell it rite?...hehe

cheers
      May we be informed which model(s) were you referring to on this: "rolex prices remaining quite constant"?

Tx.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

first of all, on behalf of SG-ROC, we welcome you... and hope you will enjoy your stay here

On your question.... i suppose alot of our replies would be to pose a question back at you.... your in-coming rolex, is it because you like the watch or is it a purchse for profit... it does seems quite clear to be the former.... as it's a gift from you husband... so selling is probably the last resort when you are really in need of cash.... (fingers crossed the day never will come)

Regardless of the above, Rolex in general has been widely regarded as the best in terms of pre-owned value (i.e. value retention)... the value will of course be dependant on the watch model ... generally, sports models tends to retain value better.... so you might want to let us know what rolex model exactly are you talking about... and I am sure all the "old birds" in here will be provide you with better advice.
        Last edited by cedric; 01-06-09, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Depends on model,brand new or preowned, and etc.

If you don't want to worry much about depreciation get preowned.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Like that, No more Surprise Wat..
            Dont worry, Price for Rolex watches wont Plunged like Stocks..
            Anyway Husband Give, Cannot Reject! Haha
            Enjoy the Rolex, it will last you for generations!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X