Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taipei MRT barrier = $875K per station, SMRT = $3.8M. Why???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taipei MRT barrier = $875K per station, SMRT = $3.8M. Why???

Source:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/3in1k...es?msg=18888.1

Singapore:
    The Land Transport Authority (LTA) is spending $126 million on the project and aims to complete work on the remaining 33 stations by 2012.

Taiwan
    Singapore Technologies Electronics Limited (ST Electronics), today announced that it has won a S$10.5 million contract to supply Platform Screen Doors (PSD) for Taipei’s Mucha Extension (Neihu) Line in Taiwan.ST Electronics Taiwan will design, supply, install and commission the platform screen doors for the 12-station Neihu Line for final delivery to the Department of Rapid Transit System by the third quarter of 2009
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

sg one has chapter ring rolex rolex rolex mah

Comment

Insider news, they are ordering the sapphine cystral from Rolex to install the glass door...Rolex will be throwing in the mirco-etching of Rolex crown logo on the glass and the steel are from 904L from swiss, understand that some parts made of white gold and platinum will also be used...S$3.8 Million per station where got expensive, i consider it very very cheap!!!

Comment

What you expect?

This is Singapore.
        I paid USD83 for my Adidas Barricade sneakers 6 mths ago.
        They're selling it for SGD195 right now

Comment

hahahahha ... gov got poh kay siow 1 ah ??? hahahha

Comment

here cost of living is much much muh higher.

unless i earn millions like some upper groups, its basically working to make ends meet (or barely sometimes) for most.
            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

If the contract is an apple-to-apple comparison... I would want to find out why.

Actually, as commuters... we should care as long as the ride prices are not raised. The barriers should have been up in the first place. Why do we have to be in "reactive" mood for such basic safety issues?
              The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

Originally posted by armchaireconomist View Post
                If the contract is an apple-to-apple comparison... I would want to find out why.

Actually, as commuters... we should care as long as the ride prices are not raised. The barriers should have been up in the first place. Why do we have to be in "reactive" mood for such basic safety issues?
                prices wont be up 'yet'. but very soon all these expenses may be cited as reasons for upping the fare.

but anyway, I honestly don see why such barriers should be in place in the first place. People wanna commit suicide can go anywhere. how many places can you prevent? The basis is, why these people wanna commit suicide?

If that is not addressed, then if I wanna die, I can still easily climb over the half height barriers and go in mah. with the barriers, even harder to save people that climb over.
                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Enjoy public facilities at an unprecedented 50++% increment...just in case even if you are NOT going to use them.

Circle Line could cost taxpayers $10 billion
                  Tue, Aug 18, 2009
                  The Straits Times

By Christopher Tan, Senior Correspondent

THE good news is that stages of the new Circle Line that lead to downtown Singapore could open by the second quarter of next year, with the entire 33.3km, 29-station project ready by early-2011.

But the not-so-good news is that the project, which started in 2002, could cost taxpayers close to $10 billion, or 50 per cent more than the original $6.7 billion bill.

Sources close to the underground construction project - long delayed after a tunnelling accident in 2004 - said that Stages 1 and 2 of the line could open by early next year.
                  A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X