Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheaper in Penang?

hi brothers....

i just went to penang and checked the prices of the Omega Apollo 11 limited edition...was quoted best credit card price 13,000 Ringgit...works out to be ard 5.4k SGD..

i went to check at THH last month was quoted 6375 SGD after 15% discount...so the 40th anniversay Omega watch is nearly 1k cheaper in Penang..

I checked on some IWC models and found that their 20% across the board discount from their list price is quite impressive....

The Rolex pricing sure stinks there....the sales rep there is crappy as well....maybe i am wearing a Casio...those snobs!!!

so bros....anyone of you know what specific brands are cheaper in malaysia so next time just buy there..haha...especially when exchange rate is so power nowadays...
    Watches kept for the next generation...
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Circa 1999
    Rolex Explorer II 216570 G-Series
    Omega Speedmaster Date
    Sinn U1

yeah omega is indeed cheaper over in malaysia. it's indeed even cheaper than Changi airport.

Comment

IWC too

I heard IWC cheaper there too. Now that the IWC here has less discount, i think the price difference will be greater too.

Comment

AP ROO Jln bukit bitan edition. From KL Jln Bukit Bitan AD. My fren bought @ S$32k. 2 mths back Sgp AD Selling S$38K.

Comment

Agreed! Bought one oris diver series, in Sgp cost S2.2k after discount, but in Penang is S1.3K (RM3.3K).

Comment

bro, may i know what is the shop name in penang? May be i can go there travel and buy one omega

Comment

I just checked return air ticket costs to Penang this morning for my father in law (who is a Penangite) and it's as follows:

Silkair: S$185
              Tiger Airways: S$160.50
              Air Asia: S$181
              Malaysia Airlines: S$210
              Jetstar: S$196

Above prices include check-in luggage allowance of between 15-20kg.

Now is a good time to visit Penang. Hotels are also cheap, and if you want some luxury, Singapore-owned G Hotel at Gurney Drive which is right next to Gurney Plaza, and 2 minute walk to Gurney Hawker Centre is a great place to stay (rooms from RM280 up). I believe most of the watch shops are located at Gurney Plaza.

So, flight plus 2 nights accomodation is at best total S$400. and you'll get to do shopping, makan sumptuous Penang fare, and buy cheap watches! A Singaporean watch buyer's cheap dream holiday! Wife will be happy as she can shop at Gurney Plaza too!

Comment

thanks for your info. By the way, only one watch shop there? Sorry for asking silly question bcos i never been there

Comment

Originally posted by ckhouse80 View Post
                  thanks for your info. By the way, only one watch shop there? Sorry for asking silly question bcos i never been there
                  ive checked a few shops...but found the prices of WatchShoppe is the best...its in Gurney Plaza...

if you want to save even more...take budget airline...return ticket cost 55 bucks...
                  Omega Speedmaster Date
                  Sinn U1

Comment

Originally posted by hoshi8 View Post
                    ive checked a few shops...but found the prices of WatchShoppe is the best...its in Gurney Plaza...

if you want to save even more...take budget airline...return ticket cost 55 bucks...
                    Pal,

I think watches in KL also as cheap from authorised AD. Had gone up there last week for meeting with a night stay.

Here is my pricing:
                    JetStar: $185 Return
                    Hotel: $90 Per Night
                    Taxi: $70 Return

If you could save something more than SG$200 which I found possible and yet able to enjoy yourself be a night or 2, guess its worth it.

Happy hunting for watches oversea.

I found the following watches cheaper than Singapore by near SG$400 are B&R and Tag Heuer. They got more Pams over than through Pre-owned shop but never comes cheap unless you are in needs of it.

Greeting from Planet Earth
                    ------------------------------

[COLOR="Orange"]Believe in yourself, earn your respect by respecting others. No one is perfect in this planet earth.[/COLOR]

Comment

To KL driving or taking a bus probably more convenent than flying.
                      So can save even more.

For the bros who bought watches in Penang, how are the prices in that shop at the Penang Airport departure lounge ?

Comment

Originally posted by tt32003 View Post
                        To KL driving or taking a bus probably more convenent than flying.
                        So can save even more.

For the bros who bought watches in Penang, how are the prices in that shop at the Penang Airport departure lounge ?
                        i only asked about iwc and omega...the prices at the airport lounge is crap..
                        Omega Speedmaster Date
                        Sinn U1

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X