Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commercial Aircraft Corp. of China Says C919 Will Be Cheaper Than Boeing, Airbus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial Aircraft Corp. of China Says C919 Will Be Cheaper Than Boeing, Airbus

Comac Says C919 Will Be Cheaper Than Boeing, Airbus (Update1)
    Share | Email | Print | A A A

By Bloomberg News

Sept. 8 (Bloomberg) -- Commercial Aircraft Corp. of China said its first commercial jet will “surely be cheaper” than comparable-sized Boeing Co. and Airbus SAS models as the country seeks to develop its own aerospace sector.

The 168-seater C919 will use as much as 15 percent less fuel than current Boeing 737s and Airbus A320s, Chen Jin, Comac’s sales head, said at the Hong Kong air show, where the company is showing a model of the plane for the first time.

Comac will initially target Chinese customers for the C919 before seeking to challenge Boeing and Airbus overseas for single-aisle plane orders, the largest segment of the market. The plane is part of China’s push to develop its own technologies in a range of industries to move beyond being a low-cost assembler for overseas companies.

“Our home market is the biggest market and has the most the potential, so it’s unnecessary to pursue overseas sales just yet,” Chen said. “In the future though, we will surely go into Europe and the U.S.”

The plane’s development schedule will likely coincide with a surge in aircraft orders worldwide as airlines move ahead with fleet plans delayed by the global recession, Chen said.
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

i have doubts on their aircraft's structural integrity...
    Opportunities come once

Comment

I believe they can do it. Just give them more time, they can do better than their competitors. Look, the have already put a man up to the space.

Comment

it is not the technical know-how that is worrying...it is the QC standard that i am worry about...
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Frogmen View Post
          I believe they can do it. Just give them more time, they can do better than their competitors. Look, the have already put a man up to the space.
          give them more time...sure....i'll give them that...meanwhile i stick to Boeing.
          I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
          A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
          Audemars Piguet ROO
          Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
          De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
          Habring2 Pilot Time Date
          Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
          Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
          IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
          Panerai 270
          Patek Philippe 5711/1a
          Rolex 116610LV
          Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

i prefer boeing or airbus. but if i do have to take china airlines, i will want a parachute strapped to myself
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Well, its all depends. Looking at the safety records in Indonesia. Many of their aircrafts are either Boeing or Airbus but are poorly maintain and of at least 1 decade. If any one had experience flying in any of their domestic aircrafts of the Americans or European made, you can feel the aircraft breaking apart anytime. Let's see how the chinese aviations is going to perform.

Comment

for me i will not take their aircraft for early stage....wait and see first

Comment

I wonder why some ppl have negative sentiments over China jets.
                  I believe this is a very good thing to happen
                  China jets to offer cheaper alternative as to Boeing and Airbus.
                  Personally i dont believe Boeing and Airbus so much safer to China jets
                  "Things made by Europeans are definite better compared to China" kind of mentality does not apply these days.More is focused on lower costs in the current climate.I personally hope China jets will do China proud and show the Boeing/Airbus
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

its not like you havent used china goods before. the other day i bought a screwdriver kit (china made), to fix my macbook, before i turn the screwdriver, the head already kenna F. in the end, i had to use a USA removal tool, and germany screwdriver to do the job. Put simply, china things for now, cannot use. of course there are the nice niche company who make good quality tools (or whatever it is), but they are as rare as hen's teeth.
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

I already changed 5 iPhone 3G in less than 10 mths...2 MacBook in less than 8 mths

If Apple, an special breed of super-micro-managing with a very uniquely super stringent & off breed corporate cultured USA company which is the biggest fanatic of quality, stability, accuracy, precision & 100% defect free is having a hard time controlling these slackers in mainland, I can only imagine what a Chinese-run company will churn out.

If they pay me to fly, maybe.

But I think I will pay them not to fly.
                      I worry if budget airlines start to buy them, they may just dropped from the sky & hit people on the ground or our belongings.

Comment

guys, don be mean. There are tons of stuff now already being manufactured in China. and they def have some of the best replicators..I mean thinkers that can come up with replicate..I mean original designs thats much cheaper.

Of cos, in the initial stage, there will be..erhm.....sarcrifices to the first few batches of passengers. But sarcrifice is needed for the greater good!! (I hope so)

imagine the day where all airline are 'budget' airlines using China Aircraft!!
                        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by Fred_Tan View Post
                          If Apple, an special breed of super-micro-managing with a very uniquely super stringent & off breed corporate cultured USA company which is the biggest fanatic of quality, stability, accuracy, precision & 100% defect free is having a hard time controlling these slackers in mainland, I can only imagine what a Chinese-run company will churn out....
                          im not sure i understand you there, all my laptops from apple (3 of them; 2 unibody) have been fine, and ticking over with no problems. like all things yours would be a faulty unit. anyone remember sony exploding battery incident? ....... one fella macbook exploded, and apple diam diam send him a macbook pro as a replacement

i guess i will resort to taking my next trip to singapore using cruise liner
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X