Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ERP rates to increase by 50-100%

ERP rates to increase by 50-100%

Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) rates are set to increase by 50-100 per cent, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) announced on Tuesday.

From 8-8.30am. the ERP rate for the Ayer Rajah Expressway will increase to $1, up from $0.50.

From 6.30-7pm, the rate for two gantries, eastbound ECP (Marina South) and on slip road from Ophir Road, will increase to $3 from $2, an increase of 50 per cent.

The revised rates will take effect next Monday, Nov 2.

The revision comes after the completion of LTA's quarterly review of traffic conditions on ERP-priced roads and expressways.

The next ERP review will take place in Nov 2009 for the December school holidays.

http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring...27-176228.html
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Pay so much road still jam wat
    "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

paying the ERP is not about resolving jams...hahaha...
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

last night news say that public transport usage has dropped drastically with reference to last year.

Private transport went up.

hence, LTA wont be able to meet their target (was it 70%?) by 2010.

Do you think its related to this increase?

why instead of improving things like frequency (i wait 15-25 minutes averagely for my buses!! 14,97, etc to name a few), they do such stuff to make having car more jialak to afford?
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Is this coincidence or a 'curse'... I was chatting with friends over supper last night and we talked about the report of decreasing usage of the public transport. One friend cautioned (in joking manner) that this might result in an increase in ERP fees and some of us thought it was unlikely. And what have we here today!

knnbccb..
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

so the future ERP is like this ar?

Current - Seiko,Rolex,Sinn,AP & RM
            Future - Geneva hallmark
            Past - TH Carrera CV2010, Pam 111, 16610, Pam 233, 116610LV

Comment

Year end is coming lah. Need to pay bonuses to our civil servants.

Comment

For me... i forsee this...

then another 1-2 yrs..

A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

just my 2 cents thoughts

Any analysis would agreed that the primary function of ERP ( To curb congestion ) has already failed. Therefore since its secondary function yields such good "revenue" for the government. Why not let it stay and grow since singaporean do not mind paying even though there is a raised in charges. However, what puzzles me is that nowadays stat board and government bodies are generating profits and surpluses from such practices such as carpark fine, carpark parking fees, ERP charges, Service and Conservancy charges, land titles, etc,. Look at HDB, they have to retrench their staff as the surpluses goes way beyong their control and so it does not cap to the 25years that normally private organisation do and after they pay all this long timer staff their retrench fees, they re-employ them back into another organisation set up by HDB as its branches, give priviledge to retrenched senior staff corporate position in that branches and award most of the contract to this branches. Some branches hold on to few years and closed down and guessed where does all the monies go to? Now! this is what I mean by above board..... Frankly you dun need any so call high ranking people to control the traffic, but you need high ranking people to earn monies........So as long as you still stay in Singapore, be prepared for more of this to come. AS for me...i am working hard to look for cheaper and greener pasture to retire.

Comment

u let in new pr/ foreigner sure more demand for cars wht... lta didnt accord for population increase..... considering... sg pay one of the higest '$' for usage of cars... will rate spore road system

Comment

Some place increase $0.50 to $1 sia, that's what i head from the news and there will be price review next month and onwards.
                      Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

public transport usage drop so increase erp to force people to use public transport.

then when number of cars on road drop, they issue more coe again to jam up the road.

its a vicious cycle and those scholars know that increasing erp wont solve the jam. its basically a poor design problem in some roads.. and they also know singaporean will just complain but not take up these issues during election time. so just sqz us dry lor...

anyway bonus time coming. the ministry with the biggest budget surplus will be viewed as doing a good job = more bonus and the minister for that ministry also look good ma....

Comment

Originally posted by cheng View Post
                          public transport usage drop so increase erp to force people to use public transport.

then when number of cars on road drop, they issue more coe again to jam up the road.

its a vicious cycle and those scholars know that increasing erp wont solve the jam. its basically a poor design problem in some roads.. and they also know singaporean will just complain but not take up these issues during election time. so just sqz us dry lor...

anyway bonus time coming. the ministry with the biggest budget surplus will be viewed as doing a good job = more bonus and the minister for that ministry also look good ma....
                          we're screwed either way....thanks Pay And Pay! %^*#%@
                          I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                          A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                          Audemars Piguet ROO
                          Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                          De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                          Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                          Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                          Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                          IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                          Panerai 270
                          Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                          Rolex 116610LV
                          Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                            For me... i forsee this...

then another 1-2 yrs..

I FULLY AGREED WITH YOU BRO ! kopi on me next gathering bro !

*** EMMANUEL***

Comment

Ya EVERY ROAD PAY. See that its motive is designed from day one.

Make public transport profit driven. Make you wait 25mins 35mins for bus to pack as much people as possible. Sent my car to service recently and i waited 35mins for bus. Another 20mins to transfer. So collect car = cab.

And cab price increased so much and so hard to get at peak. So = buy car.

If public frequency like japan or uk less people will want car. Every where got station and dont wait too long even off peak.

Got car = richer and can squeeze for KPI and bonus. No other business can extract revenue and bonus so easily.
                              Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X