• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Electricity.. now Gas ?

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore...-13,8-per-cent

Gas tariff up 13.8 per cent
    05:55 AM Oct 29, 2009
    From next month, the City Gas tariff for households will go up by 13.8 per cent, or 2.24 cents per kilowatt hour (kWh) to 18.52 cents per kWh.

Gas tariffs are reviewed quarterly and adjusted in line with changes in the cost of feedstock for gas production, in turn pegged to the price of high sulphur fuel oil, said City Gas.

The tariff hike - which has been approved by the Energy Market Authority - is due largely to "significantly higher" prices of the latter over the last three months.
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

whatever!! i'm eagerly waiting for the next election when i can have a say again...
    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
    Audemars Piguet ROO
    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
    Panerai 270
    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
    Rolex 116610LV
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Lucky i don really cook

but having said that. My pub is still gg up as both gas n electricity also up by so much
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
        whatever!! i'm eagerly waiting for the next election when i can have a say again...
        you sure the government don't give you the privilege of just watching proceedings from home?
        [IMG]http://www.bmw-sg.com/photopost/data/545/bbm_barcode.JPG[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by pilotsnoopy View Post
          you sure the government don't give you the privilege of just watching proceedings from home?
          who needs that, bro? that will probably impress the FTs...if it even works for them...

oh, the privileges come with higher costs nowadays....
          I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
          A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
          Audemars Piguet ROO
          Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
          De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
          Habring2 Pilot Time Date
          Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
          Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
          IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
          Panerai 270
          Patek Philippe 5711/1a
          Rolex 116610LV
          Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Untill now... i still dun have a say... reason: Walkover...

WTF came up with this walkover BS is a genius...
            A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

why are Singaporeans tekaning Singaporeans?

when i was young, i told myself that i must love Singapore...because our country gives us hope and a destiny for the future..

seriously, this place...isn't what it used to be..
              Opportunities come once

Comment

I think its cos we the newer generation of singaporeans don know what being poor really feels like so v soon we will b able to feel it
                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

bck 40 yrs ... sg poor, but 10-20k for a terrace house, few k for a car... salary couple of hundred nia... but is still within reach, work, save and forget abt lux... owning a house is still hi possiblity

now, the younger generation, jia lark lah... if household 3k per month.... work life time can pay off hdb nia... wht's left at retirement ?

if yr luv ones got end life critiical illness, doc will ask u, is tis wht they wnt... is tis the quality of life they wnt etc etc... in a way, tell u to give up...
                  well, same here loh... the younger generation will ask... wow lau... boh quality.... work ass off, get hdb, some more Q like siow for 1...

basically, sg dont hv a choice, only cheap property ard = hdb, which gov hv double the price in less thn 10 yrs. ... where as, other country even japan, got country side where housing is so much cheaper...

of cos younger generation complain lah... some older folks also.. mainly 1) young 1 wnt house, old 1 want health... hahaha

ask them to go mirgrate is again not arresting to the problem, but as usual easy way out to solve problem..

if we hv houssehold income of more thn 10k/mth... wow, sg not bad leh...
                  if we hv household income of less thn 3-4k, .... wow, sg suxs... hahahha

end conclusion... money toks

Comment

I guess many Singaporean now know why our populations isnt growing and is diluting.......

Comment

really sad nw becomes like this.. everywhere u see is PRCs, Filipinos, Indian from India n Myanmmars, u buy Chow Kwai Tiao, China lady ask u in mandarin, wtf man
                      "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Originally posted by Frogmen View Post
                        I guess many Singaporean now know why our populations isnt growing and is diluting.......
                        those who are out are trying to get in (FT?!?!), those who are in are trying to get out (locals). Fair statement?

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
                        really sad nw becomes like this.. everywhere u see is PRCs, Filipinos, Indian from India n Myanmmars, u buy Chow Kwai Tiao, China lady ask u in mandarin, wtf man
                        later you go to roti prata stall they speak to you in tamil, then you up lorry le! .

which is actually a problem for me, since my mando sucks arse (dialect speaking background) s'pore is really the UN of SEA
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

i feel ashamed when i watch tv or see fellow Singaporean still 'proud' of being 'english educated' and thus UNABLE to speak their own dialect or any dialect at all.

complaining whining about immigrants speaking mandarin etc instead of english is just bull when one has had the ability to pick up the language and reach out.

have we all forgotten how our forefathers came to Singapore like these people do? whom are we to judge them? for many of us, our grandfathers were coolies and had horrible hygiene habits living conditions and their own vices before some managed to get out of the cycle.
                          [IMG]http://www.bmw-sg.com/photopost/data/545/bbm_barcode.JPG[/IMG]

Comment

i feel ashamed when i watch tv or see fellow Singaporean still 'proud' of being 'english educated' and thus UNABLE to speak their own dialect or any dialect at all.

complaining whining about immigrants speaking mandarin etc instead of english is just bull when one has had the ability to pick up the language and reach out.

have we all forgotten how our forefathers came to Singapore like these people do? whom are we to judge them? for many of us, our grandfathers were coolies and had horrible hygiene habits living conditions and their own vices before some managed to get out of the cycle.
                            AGree. We should change name to Chinapore

Comment

Originally posted by Nooch View Post
                              brro...haha... actually hor, we should not be bias against these ppl coming in... cos those u mentioned abv = WP holder, they are here to do labor work or jobs sg dont 1 to do... these ppl amounting to the most ( maybe 800k ) ... they work as cleaner, contruction, domestic helper, production worker etc. etc. ..... sg gov of cos make a min $150 levy for each of them come in lah

its not easy for these ppl to come in, take domestic helper as example, few hundred pay nia... paying alot of $ to work in sg to agent etc, alot of them got to work like 6-8 mths without pay.

without them, we wont hv much xmm to see leh .. .. also, contruction sector, manufacturing, services etc also headache without them. not forgetting, alot of us with kids need these domestic helper too. most impt, i go catch bone, boh chabor... hahahahha

these are not those tht come in and speculate on properties or take our high paying jobs....they are "low talent" ....

having foreigner/ pr/ ft to come in is not wrong.... but hv to admin with care... sg small little place, if u market as playground for the rich... jia lark loh... asian rich alot alot... giving pr to them just because they rich ... die loh... 50k of them... all buy property, cham loh... which i think its the main reason for hi prop price... which indirectly will affect most singaporean.

sometime bck, gov say sgrean = asset rich.... i just afraid tht a few yrs down the road sgrean= no asset... ( hdb too ex, cant afford )

so bro, i still waitinng for u to bring me go heow and see xmm, i never go b4 viet 1...hehehee.... i wanna vietcong .... vietcong = kanna vietnam girl cong tao... hahahhaha

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X