Temasek to sell $1b of bonds...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temasek to sell $1b of bonds...

Erm.... does this mean tat my CPF $ is no more?

Temasek to sell $1b of bonds

SINGAPORE state-owned investment firm Temasek Holdings said on Monday it plans to sell S$1 billion of 10-year bonds as part of its capital-raising programme.

The bonds are due in 2020 and will be issued by its wholly-owned subsidiary Temasek Financial, it said in a statement.

Temasek said proceeds from the bond sale would help pay for the 'ordinary course of business' for itself and its holding companies. The planned bond offering is part of a US$10-billion (S$14.2 billion) bond programme, which it had raised from five billion dollars last week to cater for any possible future issues.

Global risk evaluator Moody's Investors Service on Monday assigned its top rating to the latest planned offering.

'The Aaa ratings reflect Temasek's strong financial profile at the holding company level, and are underpinned by the company's low book and market value-based leverage, excellent liquidity position and high-quality investment portfolio,' said Elizabeth Allen, Moody's senior credit officer.

Temasek, one of the world's largest sovereign wealth funds, had an investment portfolio worth S$130 billion as of March 2009. Most of its investments are in Singapore and Asia with stakes in leading companies including Standard Chartered bank and flag carrier Singapore Airlines. -- AFP
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
    Erm.... does this mean tat my CPF $ is no more?

no lah, money still there... ...mayb 'money not enough' ... hahahahhaa

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
    Working...
    X