Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The government is seeking Parliament's approval for $14 billion more...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The government is seeking Parliament's approval for $14 billion more...

SINGAPORE: The government is seeking Parliament's approval for total appropriations of some S$81.585 billion for its estimated expenditure in financial year 2010/2011.

This is a sizeable increase from the S$67.882 billion it asked for in February last year. The sum comprises about S$55.56 billion from the Consolidated Fund, and about S$26.023 billion from the Development Fund, according to the Supply Bill tabled in Parliament on Tuesday.

Strikingly, with the government's slew of initiatives to transform the economy, the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) is asking for about S$11.591 billion - over S$2 billion more than it did last year, and S$6 billion more than in 2008.

This means its estimated expenditure would, in a rare event, exceed that for the Ministry of Defence, which traditionally takes the biggest share of government spending.

A large chunk of MTI's spending will be on development projects such as the Science and Technology Plan 2010, Tourism Development Fund 2015 and Economic Strategies Committee-related projects. And shooting up by nearly 24 per cent: Land-related expenditure, largely on reclamation projects for industrial land use.

The Ministry of National Development's (MND) estimated outlay also shot up. It is seeking about S$7.144 billion, nearly 1.5 times what it asked for last year - the biggest increase for any ministry. The bulk of the appropriations for MND and MTI would come from the Development Fund.

- TODAY/sc
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
    SINGAPORE: The government is seeking Parliament's approval for total appropriations of some S$81.585 billion for its estimated expenditure in financial year 2010/2011.

This is a sizeable increase from the S$67.882 billion it asked for in February last year. The sum comprises about S$55.56 billion from the Consolidated Fund, and about S$26.023 billion from the Development Fund, according to the Supply Bill tabled in Parliament on Tuesday.

Strikingly, with the government's slew of initiatives to transform the economy, the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) is asking for about S$11.591 billion - over S$2 billion more than it did last year, and S$6 billion more than in 2008.

This means its estimated expenditure would, in a rare event, exceed that for the Ministry of Defence, which traditionally takes the biggest share of government spending.

A large chunk of MTI's spending will be on development projects such as the Science and Technology Plan 2010, Tourism Development Fund 2015 and Economic Strategies Committee-related projects. And shooting up by nearly 24 per cent: Land-related expenditure, largely on reclamation projects for industrial land use.

The Ministry of National Development's (MND) estimated outlay also shot up. It is seeking about S$7.144 billion, nearly 1.5 times what it asked for last year - the biggest increase for any ministry. The bulk of the appropriations for MND and MTI would come from the Development Fund.

- TODAY/sc
    it's alot, if compare to our relatively small population....

Comment

If I remember correctly, in econ class, increase govt exp is one of the ways to simulate the economy. Am I right? Darkie.... pls answer this question...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
        If I remember correctly, in econ class, increase govt exp is one of the ways to simulate the economy. Am I right? Darkie.... pls answer this question...
        I think it is correct IF the govt exp is used for funding infrastructure building that helps companies generate incomeor other project ( like hire more ppl maybe ) ....not when it is use for increase in Salary.
        Long time no study liao...ha ha
        My Small Collection :
        GMT II 16710 Coke U series
        JLC Master Control ( May 2008 )
        Daytona SS White ( Jan 2009 )
        Porsche Design P6310 Red ( Feb 2009 )
        Azimuth Back In Time ( Wrist lounge special edition ) ( Jan 2010 )
        PAM 312 ( Feb 2010 ) ( Send me an offer for this baby if you are interested)

Look Look See See for :
        BNIB 1995 ( W series ) Rolex sport model

Comment

81b/ 4m ( incl pr ) = 20k per pax

if usa spend as much it will be population x 20k ea = 6,000,000,000,000

if china spend as much = 30,000,000,000,000

Comment

Free daytona for everyone from PAP???
            Originally posted by pet View Post

Comment

Originally posted by pet View Post

Population of Singapore now, is 4.99M...official stats.

But I get what you mean...
              [FONT="Verdana"][B]The Best Dive Is Always The Next One[/B][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by caeden View Post
                Population of Singapore now, is 4.99M...official stats.

But I get what you mean...
                i count more loh....hahaha

2009 official stats
                of the 4.99m
                Citizen & PR only 3.7m

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                Free daytona for everyone from PAP???
                buy wholesale, i think can get a sub throw in easily... hahaha ROLEX CO.. 3.7m pcs please !! hahahaha

Comment

Election coming I think... these $ to give to the people to "buy us"

Comment

So dont make the same mistake, and vote the party you prefer in
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Govt also know everythg rising so need more money. Hw come our salary still remain stagnent?

Why they expect us to make do with our salary at current prices but they cannot make good with their current budget? So odd.
                      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

It either means more jobs or more pay increment/bonus. So it is not too bad right?

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                          Govt also know everythg rising so need more money. Hw come our salary still remain stagnent?

Why they expect us to make do with our salary at current prices but they cannot make good with their current budget? So odd.
                          Govt already talking about rising ones productivity. Better not put much hope on pay increment.

Comment

Yes.. have rich fat bonus and increment.. but 4 the garmen body only I think.. So if their fat pay so damn bloody much to last them thru theif few generations, y they nv stand up to set example to the nation , to donate to help the needy during fund raising events on TV?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X