Fewer new PRs, citizens last year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fewer new PRs, citizens last year

Is this stats true? muz we go celebrate?

THE Government hears and understands Singaporeans' concerns about the influx of immigrants in recent years, Deputy Prime Minister Wong Kan Seng said yesterday.

So it has refined the requirements for permanent residents (PRs) and new citizens, even as it continues to take them in to top up Singapore's declining population, he told Parliament.

As one indication, there were 59,500 new PRs last year, down from 79,200 in 2008, and 19,900 new citizens, compared to 20,500 a year ago.

http://news.asiaone.com/News/the%2BS...05-202547.html
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Election is coming. They want us to feel better so as to vote for them. Not too hard to see thru the tricks.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post

THE Government hears and understands Singaporeans' concerns about the influx of immigrants in recent years, Deputy Prime Minister Wong Kan Seng said yesterday.

So it has refined the requirements for permanent residents (PRs) and new citizens, even as it continues to take them in to top up Singapore's declining population, he told Parliament.

As one indication, there were 59,500 new PRs last year, down from 79,200 in 2008, and 19,900 new citizens, compared to 20,500 a year ago.

actually, for the pass 8 to 9 yrs, the new pr & citizen is alot....

if u consider tht out of the total 5m ( almost ) population, 1.25m of them are foreigners workers.

so the remaining 3.7+m = pr & citizen... thn if u to add up all the new pr & new citizen over the last 9 to 10 yrs, it is a very very big ratio comparing to the 3.7... . also small land mass ... ..its alot compare to other countries.

gov keep mentioning tht cos of our low birth rate (1.23 ) ... Immigration is a key source of population augmentation which we cannot afford to do without ?????? wtf ....

simple maths, of cos not enough add loh.... but the problem is tht, low current birth rate.. instead of adding babies, add new pr or citizen which = adults....to compete....hmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post

damage has been done..what is the point then? if they win by another landslide victory then all the nonsense will be back again..now because they need ur votes then kay kay do all these nonsense to make u happy..

Comment

Obviously election is round the corner. They have done too much damage for not hearing ppls voices and took matters high handedly. Sorry. It's pay back time.

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
            Obviously election is round the corner. They have done too much damage for not hearing ppls voices and took matters high handedly. Sorry. It's pay back time.
            bro..no more chance for them..look at how those LDP nonsense and taiwan nonsense..only wake up call to them is to make them lose 2/3 majority..

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
              bro..no more chance for them..look at how those LDP nonsense and taiwan nonsense..only wake up call to them is to make them lose 2/3 majority..
              Well, I presume they have to learn the hard way.

Comment

Well, I presume they have to learn the hard way.
                hope that singaporeans won't be complecent and kiasi again

Comment

So its vote opposition...?

Let's see their candidates make up then this round.
                  Holding
                  Azimuth - Jadgbomber
                  Hermes - Clipper
                  Orient - Diver 200m
                  Perrelet* - Dual Time
                  Pierre Balmain* - Gold Plaque 10 Microns Quartz
                  Raymond Weil* - Don Giovanni Chronograph
                  Rolex - 1603 HG (Yr 1943)
                  Rolex* - 1603 HG - Golden Computer Dial (Yr 1967)
                  Rolex* - 16018 Yellow Gold
                  Sarcar* - Mistral Rose Gold
                  Seiko* - Atlas 200m
                  Seiko - Diver 200m
                  Tissot* - Heritage 150 Anniversary
                  Titoni* - Airmaster
                  * = Sale
                  Wife: even my bags don't cost as much!

Comment

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/cna/2010030...r-231650b.html

Mar 5, 2010
                    'Foreigner' issue gets airing
                    Suggestions, concerns raised over integration of new arrivals
                    By Rachel Chang

PERHAPS applying for the PAssion card, the People's Association's membership card, should be made compulsory for new arrivals.

This could get more permanent residents and new citizens to participate in community activities, suggested Dr Teo Ho Pin (Bukit Panjang).

Or maybe Inter-Racial Confidence Circles (IRCCs), present in each constituency to oversee relations among ethnic groups, could expand their remit to defusing any tension between Singaporeans and newcomers, said Mr Sam Tan (Tanjong Pagar GRC).

These were among several suggestions made yesterday by MPs on how to better integrate new arrivals in Singapore, and all had the same bottom line: More must be done to ease the strain of the influx of foreigners in the last few years.

The discontent of Singaporeans who see newcomers as competition for jobs, flats, school places and hospital beds has been well publicised.

As Ms Indranee Rajah (Tanjong Pagar GRC) put it: 'If Singapore is a family, the Singapore citizen is the biological child asking (the Government), 'Why do you care for my foster brother or sister more than me?'' *well said Ms Indranee! No forgetting we'll place our ass on the front lines when war / calamity strikes. Foster brother / sister can 'just adopt' another family.
                    Holding
                    Azimuth - Jadgbomber
                    Hermes - Clipper
                    Orient - Diver 200m
                    Perrelet* - Dual Time
                    Pierre Balmain* - Gold Plaque 10 Microns Quartz
                    Raymond Weil* - Don Giovanni Chronograph
                    Rolex - 1603 HG (Yr 1943)
                    Rolex* - 1603 HG - Golden Computer Dial (Yr 1967)
                    Rolex* - 16018 Yellow Gold
                    Sarcar* - Mistral Rose Gold
                    Seiko* - Atlas 200m
                    Seiko - Diver 200m
                    Tissot* - Heritage 150 Anniversary
                    Titoni* - Airmaster
                    * = Sale
                    Wife: even my bags don't cost as much!

Comment

I believe no leaders in this world are indispensable.

Comment

i wonder if how many PRs and new citizens are willing to protect Singapore if ever 1 day war strike here....food for thoughts...
                        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                          i wonder if how many PRs and new citizens are willing to protect Singapore if ever 1 day war strike here....food for thoughts...
                          new citizens no choice lah

but PR might not be that enthu to defence singapore.

But govt smart mah, they foresee no WAR in future thats why don mind the huge influx of foreigners. they no scare not enuff defence force keke...

wonder if really got war, would we the citizens be made to stand in the front line and defend the PRs in the back line and the govt spuring us on saying no foreigners, productivity will fall, you have to protect our productive group of FTs!
                          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

well..on my part i will still defend Singapore as my family and frens are all here mah...in times of war...got weapons better than no weapons...those do thru NS b4 will understand the logic....
                            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by moky View Post
                              So its vote opposition...?

Let's see their candidates make up then this round.
                              papee candidates are also of lousy quality lor..academic qualifications ok but do not have the heart and brains to serve the people..no point also..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X