• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now need LICENSE to fish!!!

Mar 13, 2010
    Licence to fish

Fishing groups working with PUB on licensing scheme for anglers
    By Grace Chua

LEISURE anglers may soon have to pay for a licence before they can drop their line and bait into Singapore waters.

Local fishing groups such as the Sport Fishing Association of Singapore (SFAS) and the Gamefish and Aquatic Rehabilitation Society (Gars) are working with national water agency PUB to come up with a licensing scheme for fishing.

PUB's director of catchment and waterways, Mr Tan Nguan Sen, told The Straits Times in an e-mail: 'By controlling the number of anglers, it is hoped that the ecosystem will not be affected while sustaining sport fishing as a popular recreational activity.'

Wah really Pay and Pay!!
    "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Sometimes i only fish once every 6 months, still muz pay license ar??
    Current:
    No More Liao...

Comment

Holy.... nw everything also need to pay and get 'taxed' ah? WTF
      A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Be prepared to pay for a monthly or yearly license to fish. Is this life in Singapore all about?

Comment

Later got COE quota for Rolex watches... die lah...

Comment

Told u all liao. Billion losses make by our "far sighted" leaders. they definately will come up with more nonsense to recoup their losses to fill up their million dollar annual pay. More nonsense shall surface!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Tay
              can tell the authority to go fly kite.......
              most at fishing forum all kpkb leow... hahahhaa

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
              Later got COE quota for Rolex watches... die lah...
              i think tis yr, car dealer jia lark, new car depend on coe quota... last yr reduce, tis yr even less, dealer jia lark. the number of total car they can sell all depend of gov allocation..leow leow... on the whole, sales fig will decrease... as an individual brand dealer, possible to increase, makan frm competitor ..

Comment

implemented/enforced competently, a license to fish can be a win-win situation for both the park/reservoir wardens and anglers.

those whom have studied in North America might know certain states implement fishing laws and regulations for preservation of wildlife, natural environments and education of the general public and thus a more healthy respect and awareness of doing one's part for the environment in which they derive pleasure from.

before we all cry foul and whine...do take a little time to reflect on Singaporeans in general and their attitude towards their environment...littering, spitting, dumping of cigarette butts...knowing the foreign or much more senior in age cleaners will take care of it the next morning and all is well again...

implemented or enforced wrongly, this licensing approach might not work either if local anglers are not educated properly and deem it fit to do and take as they like just because they PAID a certain money and have the LICENSE to spoil the environment cos the authorities will clean up...and everyone should know its not an easy task once an environment is spoilt and will take years if not generations to recover.

do have a look at following links for those interested...

"When you purchase a fishing license, you're helping to protect, preserve and enhance the sport of fishing for today and for generations to come.

License fees help pay for fishery and hatchery management, habitat development and protection, endangered species programs, fishing and conservation education, lake maps and other publications, and many other valuable programs. "

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7...1017--,00.html

http://www.takemefishing.org/state/p...cense/state/MI
                [IMG]http://www.bmw-sg.com/photopost/data/545/bbm_barcode.JPG[/IMG]

Comment

enbloc 101, once you get the money from selling your old house, replace one immediately and don't wait.

timing is bad for me.....

going to buy a new condo as well as changing my present car this yr. yesterday went to C&C to check out the E-Class coupe and they told me car no stock....have to wait. think the price going up soon. knn......

then property prices also very high.....even with my en-bloc money....to get a new place around my hse....easily cost $1200 per sq ft. so a 1300sq ft unit easily cost 1.5million. cannot tahan.

Comment

PUB's director of catchment and waterways, Mr Tan Nguan Sen, told The Straits Times in an e-mail: 'By controlling the number of anglers, it is hoped that the ecosystem will not be affected while sustaining sport fishing as a popular recreational activity.'

pls lah, it is obvious the amount of ppl doing recreational fishing does not warrant drastic measures to protect our eco system in singapore.
                    did they do their homework?

Comment

yup...will collect 95% of the proceed from our lawyer next mth and going hse hunting immediately. have to move out by oct 2010. it has been a long draggy legal case cos of one fellow who refused to sell. high court and finally court of appeal. and he lost eventually.
                      bad year to buy car, cos coe going up... hmm, having said tht, maybe next year even worst leh... hahaha .. but still much better thn the 100+k bid in the 90's...

if u hv only 1 place and staying in it... no good to enbloc...boh hua, cos need to buy another, with some enbloc legal issues, can drag sometime, so by thn, maybe couple hundred k more ex...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X