My Tua Kang Friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Tua Kang Friend

I have a friend who is very tua kang. Our group of friends have already banned him few years ago. He is the kind of person with big ego, like to talk big and always like to "one up" others e.g. if you have a BMW 3 series, he'll tell you he's got a 5 series, if you have a 5 series, he'll tell you he has a 7 series. Infact, we know he's got 11 series (his legs) . Today, he called me knowing of my recent Rolex and Pam purchase, he told me he bought a AP ROO Lava. Then I jokingly asked him is it made in China? He said he paid 32K for it so dun play play. Knowing that he is bull****ting again, I hung up the phone after some short conversation as I have work to do. After I finished my work, was quite free, so decided to fool around with this moron. I sms him that he got the AP watch at a very good but unbelievable price and 99 pcs produced. He sms me that he got a good discount. I am pissed that this idiot is taking me for a fool thinking I would believe him. Not wanting this friend anymore, I sms him that I dun believe he bought the watch and unless he takes a photo of it and email to me. He still acted as if he really own the AP Lava saying it does not matter if I believe or not and will email the pics when he's free. I am waiting...
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

wow...what a great discount to buy AP Lava at 32k!!! can i sell a few to him too?
    Watches kept for the next generation...
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Circa 1999
    Rolex Explorer II 216570 G-Series
    Omega Speedmaster Date
    Sinn U1

Comment

no need to get agitated. people will know whether its true or not.

there are always real richer people. no way to compare.

like me, I m happy with the "cheaper" mass production watches.

how to compare when the GST amount is more than the Rolex many
      sweat to save up for. when you are really rich you appear on magazines,
      being invited to events. no need to use your own mouth.

Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by hoshi8 View Post
        wow...what a great discount to buy AP Lava at 32k!!! can i sell a few to him too?
        I think the AP lava is selling for 40++k, he didnt do his homework b4 letting off his big mouth. He under-quoted and apparently didnt know it's a limited edition of 99 pcs till I "reminded him".
        1 3 5
        ├┼┼╕
        2 4 6 R

Comment

In chinese we say, one type of rice feed hundreds type of people. So any kind of ppl do exist in tis world, no need to be angry with it. Relax, bro.

Comment

樹林大了。。。什麼鳥都有。。哈哈
            Nobody is Perfect, I am Nobody.

Comment

Not angry over this small matter, just find it fasinating so decided to share in the kopi-talk section loh. And the topic is about watches only, wait till he starts yucking about cars, women, business, economy etc. Everything also he no.1. Hokkien call it "si mai tow". LOL
              1 3 5
              ├┼┼╕
              2 4 6 R

Comment

remind me of ns buddy.

we call him GPMG. general purpose machine gun because he shoots his mouth off...
                Opportunities come once

Comment

hahaha...i suppose he belongs to the elite club HLC....aka Hao Lian Club....hahahahaha
                  Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

just treat it as jokes whn he tell u he own 5 series, AP ROO or etc since you already know he want to be no 1 for everything… in fact those really rich ppl wnt show off in this manner!!
                    Current - Seiko,Rolex,Sinn,AP & RM
                    Future - Geneva hallmark
                    Past - TH Carrera CV2010, Pam 111, 16610, Pam 233, 116610LV

Comment

Time will tell whether his words are real or not. Anyway, there are lots of such ppl who easily get red eye or jealous.

Comment

Actually, there's no need to let time tell if it's true or not. I know it's not true cos this guy always lie and we give him face by not exposing him, but this time round, it's the last straw liao and we worked so hard for our money to save up to buy our "grail" watch, this guy simply own the watch verbally. Which person whom is not a watch nut would spend 40k to buy a watch. I bet he can't even pronouce Audemars Piguet
                        1 3 5
                        ├┼┼╕
                        2 4 6 R

Comment

haha,,, i also dunno how to pronounce Audemars Piguet also. I only know how to say AP, and it will take me a long time (hopefully within next 2 years) just to part my money just to buy a basic Royal Oak.

Aiya, anyway, if he say like that, ask he to wear out for coffee and let you admire lor,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by commoner View Post
                            haha,,, i also dunno how to pronounce Audemars Piguet also. I only know how to say AP, and it will take me a long time (hopefully within next 2 years) just to part my money just to buy a basic Royal Oak.

Aiya, anyway, if he say like that, ask he to wear out for coffee and let you admire lor,,,,,
                            AP is heavily repped and hard to tell if gen or fake, just by looking on the wrist.

Comment

Originally posted by commoner View Post

Pronounced as ALL-DEE-MA PEE-GAY. Hope this helps..
                              1 3 5
                              ├┼┼╕
                              2 4 6 R

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X