This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New BMW 5 Series

Anyone knows when the new 5 Series will be out?
    Regards,

RON

:woohoo:

* Thanks to SROC for bringing us together *

This month... already alot of pre-orders..

Comment

Official launch is on the 18th of May 2010. By end of the month, you should see many many on the road.

Comment

lets see what improvements the new 5 series has over the previous gen 5 series. last i drove the previous gen, it sucked big time.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
          lets see what improvements the new 5 series has over the previous gen 5 series. last i drove the previous gen, it sucked big time.
          Hm...just curious, why do you say it sucks big time? Compared to?

Comment

You must have driven a 520..... the 4 cylinder models are not BMW's strength.... 530 is nice.....

Comment

No doubt BMW is a driver's car, but its interior finish is still not as good as Merc, and many BMWs have oil leak issues... no cheap to repair...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                No doubt BMW is a driver's car, but its interior finish is still not as good as Merc, and many BMWs have oil leak issues... no cheap to repair...
                Not true la. Buying car, like everything else is luck. Most will be ok, some will inevitably be lemons.

And not true that servicing is more ex than jap car.....

As for the finish/design.... Audi has better built quality and Merc 'may' have better designed interior but when you drive it, all is forgotten.....

Comment

Read this and you will "learn" what BMW is about...

http://autos.yahoo.com/bmw_5_series-reviews_user/

Most of my friends have the same problems with their 5s....

Originally posted by Pammie View Post
                  Not true la. Buying car, like everything else is luck. Most will be ok, some will inevitably be lemons.

And not true that servicing is more ex than jap car.....

As for the finish/design.... Audi has better built quality and Merc 'may' have better designed interior but when you drive it, all is forgotten.....

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                    Read this and you will "learn" what BMW is about...

http://autos.yahoo.com/bmw_5_series-reviews_user/

Most of my friends have the same problems with their 5s....
                    Thanks for the article.

So far, and thankfully, my 5 hasn't had this problem, and its 83k km already.

And from the reviews, they are all American based. The 528 and 535 models for the E60 are not available here. The new F10 PML is bringing in will have 523 and 535 variations.

If most of your friends have this problem with their 5er, thankfully, I'm not one of them.....

Comment

IIRC , the 530 comes with twin scroll turbo , found in the 330 !
                      Cool !
                      Focal JM_Labs .
                      "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                      Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                      Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                      Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                      Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                      Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                      Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                      Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                      Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                      Cartier Santos 100XL
                      Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

Originally posted by BRABUS View Post
                        IIRC , the 530 comes with twin scroll turbo , found in the 330 !
                        Cool !
                        I think you are referring to the new 535i and the current 335i which has turbo. There isn't 530 in the new line up.

Comment

Originally posted by stektan View Post
                          Hm...just curious, why do you say it sucks big time? Compared to?
                          the car felt underpowered, weight distribution felt weird, wasnt all the luxury nor sporty.

in comparison to GS300/460 (ive driven both), and the E class merc (W210/211). I got to say tho, i much like the fitting on the lexus. feels nicer in my opinion.

then again, maybe i should have tried the 530i or 550i.

Dont get me wrong, im not a BMW hater, i quite liked the 335, M3, and 760il (sit in only, never driven)
                          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                          Blue 6694
                          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

the car felt underpowered, weight distribution felt weird, wasnt all the luxury nor sporty.

in comparison to GS300/460 (ive driven both), and the E class merc (W210/211). I got to say tho, i much like the fitting on the lexus. feels nicer in my opinion.

then again, maybe i should have tried the 530i or 550i.

Dont get me wrong, im not a BMW hater, i quite liked the 335, M3, and 760il (sit in only, never driven)
                            Hey SC,

I was about to put my deposit down on a GS300 when I went to test drive the 5er again. Straight away, I signed on the dotted line and sms-ed the Lexus salesman to apologize to him about this purchase.

Read from an owner of a GS300 that he felt that driving the GS300 is like driving a big camry, without emotions. Sure, its comfortable and quiet, but it doesn't excite. My mom has a camry, it is a nice and comfortable car, but really, its transport (no offense to Camry owners).

As for the underpowered etc... the bread and butter cars (such as the 318 and 520) are the most saleable but lack the punch of its bigger cc siblings. Nonetheless, these cars still handle very well in corners. You don't need to get the top of the line models such as the M3 or 760 to feel this.

I'm not a die hard of BMW, its just the car that I drive now. My previous car was an Audi A4. But as an owner of the E60, I must say its been a wonderful ownership experience.

Comment

The Turbo-charged engines are now commonly used for BMW cars, any bros here have any feedback on BMW turbo? Any problem?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X