No announcement yet.

Is Remisier a good career?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MorganOng dude, being a remister has stress as well. In today's stock market, the trend is uncertain. If u become a remister, cam u cope with your school work ?

Btw, just OT abit. If u have 5 O levels with pass in Englsh, Chinese, Maths and Science ? With height of 1.65m and above and a gd eyesight of less than 500 degress for astigmatism. If so, U can try to Fly with SIA and alot of MMs too. Just an option to consider.
    the Trails and the Ocean !

Comment

Hi, Just to share... (Can't sleep...zzzz)

So many options in the Finance Industry...

I think you what you need to find out is "WHAT" the job is about and will you like doing it day in day out? Cos $$$ isn't everything.

There are:
      0. Retail Banking
      1. Commodities trader
      2. Forex Broker
      3. Dealer/Remisier
      4. Analyst
      5. Wealth/Fund Management
      6. Oil Trader
      7. Investment banker (M&A)
      8. Privates Banker (Wealth)
      9. Treasury
      10. Global support
      11. Project management
      12. Trade operations
      13. So many more even I also blur...

Are you analytical? are you an eloquent and convincing person? are you quick on with figures? are you an EQ master?

So many to consider hor. Basically you are so young... just go out and try all of them and you will know what you want!!!

But it's a fact that your school may put you at a disadvantage, that's why we regret not listening to our parents when we're young!

Imagine yourself pitting against those from the Ivy league/TOP 10/Siao Scholars when you try for Credit Suisse/JP Morgan/UBS/GIC/MAS/Big 4.

They don't earn 20-30K a mth with telephone no. Bonus for nothing.

I would say in chinese, every trade has it's champion. Even sell mix vegetable rice also can buy many many Lolex... LOL!!!

(Still can't sleep.... argh... GMT IIc.... $$$$... need more!!!)
      Jon

Comment

my dad has been a remisier since i can remember. but before he was a remisier, he started off with accounts, and then becoming a dealer. my mom also did the same thing but she went back to accounts after more than 10 years of being a remisier (due to stress and the volatile markets).

and yes the career path is pretty short but along the way, with good networking skills you can find trustworthy clients to build a client base and hopefully make some money.

it is good to know that remisiers bear quite alot of risk. if your clients can't pay, you will. thats where the trust part comes into play. and because of this risk, it might be harder for you to take up a loan to finance your other investments... property etc... banks do consider this before issuing a loan.

do take your time to consider becoming a remisier and i also feel its better to be a dealer first then remisier, because when you're a dealer you get to network and build a client base for yourself. my friend went down that path and now he's pretty successful earning a stable income and i can see him becoming a good remisier in future.

oh and my mom once said this to me when i told her i wanted to be a remisier, one day you can earn few thousands, the next day you'd be lucky if you can buy a chicken rice for lunch!

good luck with your decisions.
        fallraen
        "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

To Bro MorganOng

Hi Bro MorganOng! Good that you have come to another cross road in life. There will be many more of such question as should I or Should I not do this. Being objective to your question. You should start reading this book if you want to be a remisier or dealer. ( Trading for a living - Dr Alexander Elder ). After reading it, you should tell yourself whether you want to know more detail to some of the term he uses, if you are interested. Then I will tell you the second and the rest of the book. Whether you are working as a remisier or dealer or any other job, you must understand you must always "ASK THE CORRECT QUESTION" . To be a remisier or dealer, you must understand many laws govern by MAS on trading, Rules and conditions of trading, Fundamentals of Stocks and able to perform Technical Analysis on stocks etc. There are approximately 700 indicators that can help you to read stocks, but what is suitable for you might not be suitable for others and it takes years to understand and read indicators. To be good remisier or dealer, you must also be able to trade " Effectively and with clear Discipline". Your decisions are Technical and not emotional. Once you have the knowledge and discipline in this, you will be confident that you can provide a good service to your client in terms of advise and advice. Stocks are sentimental, emotional, containing fundamental and sometimes can be predictive also. It takes PASSION from a very PASSIONATE person to perform this work. Most of the time, a remiser or dealer is lonely as they spent too much time analysing stocks and understanding something that becomes unpredictive. This sometime lead to remisier or dealer having broken families also. Anyway! This is something short that I can advise you now. Read the book first! Any trade or profession also earn money, as long as you know what you are doing and you ask the correct question to lead you to understand what you are doing. If you are thinking of getting MORE MONEY in the shortest time without any much effort and sacrifice. I think I wasted my time in writing this message.

Comment

Hi guys,
            Im feeling much better now, have gotten myself a job in standard chartered-price solution. But I will always remember that guy. At the end of the interview I smile back and well, it's not like I need the job badly. Even when I've met the requirement of getting the job, I will not go back, because he's simply not tactful with his words, I dont wanna be like him. Well, if he's in this forum he will feel that Im a hypocrite, I am. This is reality. Just like the 1998 world cup song" i get knocked down, but i get up again, u never gonna get me down"...hahaha...but the feeling sux...it's really a memorable experience. I dont understand what's wrong with SIM. He's really stereotyping lo...to me SIM is a precious 2nd chance. In poly, it's not that i didnt do well, it's because of a lecturer. I studied design, and this lecturer is also another one who stereotype based on ppl O level. Design is very perspective, I didnt take any related subjects during my secondary school time, thus wasnt good with it, but I learn. I manage to graduate with a GPA of 3 is good enough, I did well in most of my non-design related subjects but core module design I didnt do well. I did a white cane that will vibrate upon detecting steps, and that lecturer uses it as a door stopper. The director asked him to send my design for competition and he didnt. You guys might feel that the problem lies with me, but anyone can ask my friend, what kind of person I m. haizz...Now all I can do is to work hard and strive for what I want...Hope that i can do well for my manchester degree.

Comment

Congrats on the new job and good luck in ur degree

Comment

Originally posted by Chunster69 View Post
                Congrats on the new job and good luck in ur degree
                thank you

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...