No announcement yet.

caring for your watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, i did not really wear it rough, but i wear it anyhow, just like any watch.

let me relate some incidents.

In the early 80s, I wore a kinda bubble shaped glass Givenchy to army, and crack the glass, thus no more wear it because it cost $50 (big) that time to replace.

I wore a about 1 year old DJ on a bike in HoChiMinh City about 7 years ago, and the rider (another singaporean) listened to handphone, got robbed while listening and the robbers kicked the bike and we fell. My friend injured his legs, but physically i was not injured. I don't how but my DJ, sapphire looks ok, the bazel, bracelet nd the clasp suffered serious deep cut line looks like going through a grinding machine. Was glad that i wasn't injured, and was thinking the watch probably prevent my wrist from some serious injury.

I am more of a zen person, wear it to my comfy, if should something should happen, it happens,,,

I still wear my Omega on a bike,,,

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
      ... Ans: Don't know and why your watch so ex and damage so easily ..
      LOL. ya my wife also say the same thing when I initially got my gmtiic and was damn anal about it.

She kept saying, why your watch so ex but you protect it like its gg to be very easily damage like that. then why pay so much....
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

maybe a good analogy would be, expensive watches are just like Hermes birkin bag ???

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
        LOL. ya my wife also say the same thing when I initially got my gmtiic and was damn anal about it.

She kept saying, why your watch so ex but you protect it like its gg to be very easily damage like that. then why pay so much....

Comment

I leave it to fate !
          Nobody is Perfect, I am Nobody.

Comment

Protector use for Bang Bang Job!!

Come on triton, Let not confuse u me others". Tis protector could be use as a form of fashion tool"To gave an interesting utility look of the Pam we own. Honesty, I find it cool when put it in. Of course it also the one best accessary for Pam to be needed to transport from point A to Ponit B. Or one who required to carried some bang bang for those blue collar workers" It free included on our new Pam purchase ,a god send which came in handy if u ask me. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              so does that mean that you accept it is your fault when your watch get into accident with your knowledge?
              I'm afraid my answer to u is YES" Bcos I couldn't figure out how to put tis kind of act by blaming others"
              BTW, do u push blame to others when ur clufflink on ur long sleve put some art into ur watch? I rest my case bro"

Comment

If you have money and you don't spend it, it is not yours. The same goes for a beautiful watch - if you don't use it, it is not yours. Of course thing of beauty should be used, not abused; and like anything precious, you have to feel somewhat protective.

Comment

For all my new watches (cheap or expensive) I wear mine normally, but usually I will leave all the transparent sticker on (if it comes with the watch) until they drop on their own.

I will probably will more attentive and "examine" the watch daily...until kena the 1st kock or scratch, then I don't care liao... ;p

Comment

I wear as per normal. no protector, sleeve.

I avoid walking near walls, rough railings, people on the left side.

Light scratches is inevitable. However I try to minimise. Like the watch to be unpolished as far as possible. Also take care to prevent dinks and dens which will lost more material when polished.
                    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X