No announcement yet.

Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) - CNG Car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) - CNG Car.

Hi pals,

Come on...join in the discussion of CNG car - any pros & cons?

Anyone of you are driving? Share...share...your experience...any cost saving.

Does it affact the power of the car?

etc...etc...etc...

Cheerio,

Hi, I heard tat the CNG dun really affect the car power. It will only lose out wen the car is pick up fm stationary. As for the consumption, I tink u can save at least 60% of ur petrol bill... Tis is wat I get fm a friend who converted his 'Wish' to CNG....
    Stand up for wat is rite even if you r standing alone

Comment

Here is some "official" information from a company that does CNG conversion. If I am not wrong, they are working with a few local taxi companies as well as ADs and PIs.

CNG FAQ
      Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

i knw my PI Ricardo also does CNG conversion... they use European tanks and have all the necessary certifications and licences... Anybody interested can drop by to enquire...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
        - GMT II
        - GMT IIc TT
        - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
        - Master Eight Days (1608420)
        - U1
        - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

In Oz we use LPG, from my experience, good, but pick up is slow, somemore the power is not there if pulling load (750kg++).

I prefer to use diesel. At the moment in Oz I can change from petrol only to LPG and Petrol without having to pay anything, but I lose about 15-20% of boot space. So I decided against it
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
            In Oz we use LPG, from my experience, good, but pick up is slow, somemore the power is not there if pulling load (750kg++).

I prefer to use diesel. At the moment in Oz I can change from petrol only to LPG and Petrol without having to pay anything, but I lose about 15-20% of boot space. So I decided against it
            KNN you speed devil la...hahaha that's why say pick up slow

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

the other day, cant remmeber where i read. if all go cng, thn hor, prices also up, no diff leow...

diesel best, dunno why sg gov still slap higher road tax on it whn other country like EU prefer diesel.

Comment

My office has one company car converted to CNG to try out.

Pros is definitely becos cheaper than petrol. The installation cost about $3k-$4k? there about. Will take maybe 2 years to recover back this cost from petrol savings? depending on how often you drive. Power seems quite alright. . not much diff on the manual corolla. Not sure about performance cars though.

Cons- lack of pumping stations. Mandai and Sungei Buroh so far. A few more station coming up soon though, in serangoon? Jln Bukit merah etc.

One thing to note for new car owners.... installing CNG conversion kit voids warranty. So, those brand new cars still got agent warranty one, maybe should wait til warranty over to convert.
                Submariner 14060
                Breitling Colt Auto II
                Chopard Mille Miglia GMT
                Bell & Ross BR03-92
                MM20

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                  KNN you speed devil la...hahaha that's why say pick up slow
                  i think you fail to see my post carefully lah , pulling load sometimes I need to pull 750kg therefore torque also laoya. But milage is

Originally posted by pet View Post
                  the other day, cant remmeber where i read. if all go cng, thn hor, prices also up, no diff leow...

diesel best, dunno why sg gov still slap higher road tax on it whn other country like EU prefer diesel.
                  If I invent car that can run on air, do you think your gov't will not tax air? Of course they will tax, lost revenue in petrol, must be made from other creative taxes elsewhere. Maybe you have COE on air. Every year you bid based on an gov't estimate on how much air you use

Originally posted by bEnd1ck View Post
                  My office has one company car converted to CNG to try out.

Pros is definitely becos cheaper than petrol. The installation cost about $3k-$4k? there about. Will take maybe 2 years to recover back this cost from petrol savings? depending on how often you drive. Power seems quite alright. . not much diff on the manual corolla. Not sure about performance cars though.

Cons- lack of pumping stations. Mandai and Sungei Buroh so far. A few more station coming up soon though, in serangoon? Jln Bukit merah etc.

One thing to note for new car owners.... installing CNG conversion kit voids warranty. So, those brand new cars still got agent warranty one, maybe should wait til warranty over to convert.
                  But have to see carefully...... usually new cars in Oz is 3yr warranty (some offer 5yr/6yr). Assuming you have a car that is to be used for 10yrs (full life in sg before scrapping. Correct me if i am wrong)
                  imo it will not be viable to have your car converted after your dealer warranty runs out.

If i want to change no differrnce, my car i service myself I even change my own suspension/engine oil/etc. Only petrol I dare not touch
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X