Why we still need watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why we still need watches?

Who says in today's high technology world, there is no need to wear a watch as the phone can double up as one?

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/afp/2010110...e-0de2eff.html

more of alarm clock den watch.........

err....... who rolex and pam got alarm built-in
    劳心者治人, 劳力者治于人。 治人者食人, 治与人者食与人。

善恶之报,如影随形。福祸无门,唯人自招!

Comment

3 reasons why we still need watches:

1. To look good (argurably the only accessory men wear)
      2. To show off (not necessary to show off wealth, but the collection we own)
      3. To tell time (yes everyone has a hp but there are times when your hp are not with you, for example during sport activities or on the plane)

To me the last one is not a very strong reason but the first two are
      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Definitive accessory for men... all guys should invest in a good timepiece, even if they barely use it to tell the time (like me!) Also, watch appreciation is a good opening/conversation topic for folks "in the know". It's almost clique-ish.

Comment

I think everyone here dun need a watch anymore We just want another watch hahaha
          You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

Owning a watch is a habit, whether the watch is expensive or not. just like smoking, it does not necessary give you the high when you had your first, its just habit after all.
            Nobody is Perfect, I am Nobody.

Comment

Actually I have this habbit lately of wearing a watch at home...with the only other thing I wear being the boxer short. So it's no longer for telling time but just to be able to appreciate the watch (usually the latest catch) as and when I feel like it. Sometimes it's for practically reason to give my auto watches enough wind by wearing them at home...human winder that is...hehe.
              Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                actually i have this habbit lately of wearing a watch at home...with the only other thing i wear being the boxer short. So it's no longer for telling time but just to be able to appreciate the watch (usually the latest catch) as and when i feel like it. Sometimes it's for practically reason to give my auto watches enough wind by wearing them at home...human winder that is...hehe.
                tmi....

Comment

So when the chick ask for time we can show them the time and watches too???

Comment

No when a chick asks you for the time, they are trying to see if your watch surpasses hers ...
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

ha ha... correct! TO SHOW OFF!!! Wear a RM and people know you are rich!!!

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                      3 reasons why we still need watches:

1. To look good (argurably the only accessory men wear)
                      2. To show off (not necessary to show off wealth, but the collection we own)
                      3. To tell time (yes everyone has a hp but there are times when your hp are not with you, for example during sport activities or on the plane)

To me the last one is not a very strong reason but the first two are

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                        Er, Rolex Daytona is good enough to tell someone your are rich.

Comment

there is no particular reason why i wear watch. like some, i wear watch home sometimes. just feel like wearing, then whack it on the wrist
                          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                          Blue 6694
                          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

To poison others.

This morning I was wearing my AP and met a client. He was staring at my watch the whole time we were discussing something. Think he will next be hunting for one.

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                              RM is for "Rich Man". Or RM is for "Richard Mille"..

Originally posted by R-oyster View Post
                              Er, Rolex Daytona is good enough to tell someone your are rich.
                              That's what you think but there are still many (rich) people out there who will swear by any other brands other than a ROLEX..

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                              To poison others.

This morning I was wearing my AP and met a client. He was staring at my watch the whole time we were discussing something. Think he will next be hunting for one.
                              And don't you be surprised if he's someone here..
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X