Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buy Luxury Watch from US Dealer - Sharing my experience!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy Luxury Watch from US Dealer - Sharing my experience!

Since I cannot find the model I wanted in Singapore... I took a leap of faith and ordered my watch from the following US dealer.

http://www.luxurytimeforless.com/

Turns out to be a great experience!! This dealer was very prompt in his replies, and very patient. The package arrived today... with not one but three layers of packaging! The original watch box was wrapped in bubble wrap, then put in a box with foam padding... then put in another bigger box with even more foam padding!! Talk about service!!

I had my friend help to ship it back to Singapore. This dealer does ship overseas however, he is sticky when it comes to declaring the actual value of the watch because he will have the watch insured for shipping.

His prices are reasonable and negotiable especially if you are willing to pay via bank wire. I know it is more risky but it does reduces his costs, allowing him to offer you more discount. You can of course choose paypal or other safer modes of payment.

My experience was great and I did it with wire transfer (risk taker!! Haha), so you guys can consider. PM me if you have any queries.

TGIF!!!

gz, but where is the post of your watch.... faster post it... share your joy...

Comment

Originally posted by cedric View Post
      There you go....

Comment

Btw, Cedric... do you stay in Bishan?

Comment

nope....

and hell of a watch.... your smile must be... ^_________________^

Comment

nope....

and hell of a watch.... your smile must be... ^_________________^

Haha... thanks.

It's an A Series Zenith movement Daytona. Been looking for this movement with Slate (grey) dial all over Singapore. Can't find one... except in Peng Kwee but very ex with no cert. So bought from overseas. Lucky it was a great experience. Sharing the lobang.

Comment

Hi to all,

Now that I'm aware that people in US are better in business that our local available shops.

Thanks for sharing the great experience.

Nice Daytona you've got there.Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by GGT View Post
                Hi to all,

Now that I'm aware that people in US are better in business that our local available shops.

Thanks for sharing the great experience.

Nice Daytona you've got there.Ryan

Thanks! I would have bought from local even if it is a little more expensive.... just for the peace of mind. But since I can't find my model with cert.... I had to take a chance. Calculated risk of course... after doing my homework and research. Also tested the dealer by asking can I ask my friend to meet up with him to check the watch... which he was ok with. This gave me more confidence.... though to be honest... it was a bluff.

But at the end of the day... he can still play me out. The wait for my watch to arrive to Singapore was the most painful wait ever!!

But I am very happy that it turned out well... got everything I wanted at an even lower price!! This fear is what everyone shares when ordering things online. I can understand. So since I have a positive experience, I thought I should share it.

Here's another picture!

Comment

Great pic,Ryan.

So you had a friend in US there to check it out with the dealer...on the physical watch.
                  How to play you out leh?
                  As for me is the price-wise cheaper than Sg and tax free and original...that's a green light liao bro.
                  Better Daytona picture this time round.
                  Thanks again Ryan.

Comment

Originally posted by GGT View Post
                    Great pic,Ryan.

So you had a friend in US there to check it out with the dealer...on the physical watch.
                    How to play you out leh?
                    As for me is the price-wise cheaper than Sg and tax free and original...that's a green light liao bro.
                    Better Daytona picture this time round.
                    Thanks again Ryan.
                    Err... no I don't!! I was just testing the dealer. If he says no or not convenient... then I would suspect foul play. Since he said yes... I just deal with him and transfer the money. He then ship to my friend in the US (another state), and my friend ship it to me.

Took a lot of risk... but now, others can benefit from my risk taking.... now you know this dealer is an honest one!

Comment

Generally for overseas purchases via online, best to deal with ADs or vendors who own shops. I have dealt with private individuals from the US as well without problems though the risk is higher (just bought a JLC reverso Sun Moon s/s from a US individual - turns out he is an Indian living in the US). Got cheated by a HK seller many years ago though. Watch never came and burned $350. Just to share!

Comment

Bro Ryan.

This watch is brand new? Usually for brand new watches from grey mkt seller, there is no serial on the watch..

is yours like this?
                        My Humble Collection:
                        Universal Geneve Uni Compax 18k Cal.285
                        Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 2504.80.00
                        Omega Constellation Vintage Goldcapped Cal.564
                        Vostok Amphibian Black Radio Room
                        Orient Mako - Black

Comment

got verify at RSC?
                          劳心者治人, 劳力者治于人。 治人者食人, 治与人者食与人。

善恶之报,如影随形。福祸无门,唯人自招!

Comment

Haven't checked for the long while.... just to reply to some old questions.

1) Of course not brand new. This is A series Daytona with Zenith movement... this means the watch is at least 10 years old.

2) Did not bother to go ROC for verification and pay them $100. Don't mind paying if they issue something, a cert or statement of authenticity... but all they give you is the receipt for $100! Went to Watch Arena instead. They open up for me, check and also let me see, and verify that it is 100% authentic..... best part.... free of charge!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan289 View Post
                              Haven't checked for the long while.... just to reply to some old questions.

1) Of course not brand new. This is A series Daytona with Zenith movement... this means the watch is at least 10 years old.

2) Did not bother to go ROC for verification and pay them $100. Don't mind paying if they issue something, a cert or statement of authenticity... but all they give you is the receipt for $100! Went to Watch Arena instead. They open up for me, check and also let me see, and verify that it is 100% authentic..... best part.... free of charge!!
                              The verification at ROC would at least let you know whether the watch is stolen. Then again, if it is, the watch may be confiscated depending on jurisdiction on the lost report. So you may not have recourse to recover your money.

Anyway, I did order a pre-owned rolex from overseas 'time and gems" - advertised at this forum . Turn out I need to return the watch twice before a 3rd piece which is acceptable. Just to ensure it is ok, I send the final piece for service with an 'ex-rolex staff' service guy :-(. I would not recommend to order from overseas - too much hassle and the price difference, after factoring sending back the watch twice, send for servicing, declare and pay GST, not much better than getting locally.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X