Basic Watch Tools Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Watch Tools Set

Hi bros! I would like to know more about watch tools.
    What does a basic set consists of to allow me to play with the bracelet and maybe disassemble a watch?

Hope any bros out there can share your tool set!
    The time in life is perpertually moving forward while that in the watch is going in circles.

Errr for bracelet....a screw driver is sufficient.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

darkangel,

how about if i wanna take out the backplate? and disassembled the parts inside?
      The time in life is perpertually moving forward while that in the watch is going in circles.

Comment

Originally posted by EMboss View Post
        darkangel,

how about if i wanna take out the backplate? and disassembled the parts inside?
        You need the caseback opener...but...trust me...no point.

You can open up and have a look at the case. Then....you cannot do anything more.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
          You need the caseback opener...but...trust me...no point.

You can open up and have a look at the case. Then....you cannot do anything more.
          Agree! unless you don't mind playing around with the parts -- which means you need to know how to assemble back..

and that's not all, you probably need more tools like tweezers OF different sizes, perhaps a rodico, eye loupe..

if you can put all the parts back, after you screw the caseback...you need one more thing!!! timing instrument and another one to test for water resistance..

hahaha............ the crazy love for mechanical movements.
          [I][COLOR="navy"]"You don't realize how strong a person really is until you see them at their weakest moment." - Unknown[/COLOR][/I]

Comment

hahas sounds like i need alot of tools to really play around with watches.

I have got some damaged calibre so was thinking of playing with them first.

Comment

want to play anything also need alot of tools. tools nevermind; you also have the headache of quality.

most basic watch tools should consist of screwdriver, bracelet pin remover, a bottle of locktite, and if you want to change battery yourself, a knife with a sharp edge.

but if you intend to use more than once; please dont buy the cheap and nasty tools. they are not worth the headache. the other day i was working on a car, then my tool box open up; so happen to fit a #8 ahtong socket. cannot even open a #8 bolt. damn tulan!

went back to workshop the next day; and remove all the crap sockets and replace with quality set now my ahtong sockets in one container waiting to go to scrap metal dealer
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X