Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reservist...what to do?

hi,

KNN..must go back for reservist on next friday...my "virgin" call-up! What to expect? I was recently downgraded to c9l1 but dun know why they still call me for two weeks...

what to expect? Stay in or out? I threw away all the NS unitofrms and everything when i got downgraded....now got to borrow, buy, steal or beg!!

Many thanks
    Last edited by estrangable; 10-08-08, 07:53 PM.

SOrry.. I can't help u.. I PES E.. hehehhe no reservist.. Government dun want me...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

siao liao...663 SIR. shd be infantry. already ten years liao, still kenna called up!!!

Comment

Andrew, were u involved in yesterday's Nation operation??

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
        - GMT II
        - GMT IIc TT
        - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
        - Master Eight Days (1608420)
        - U1
        - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

this is most sianz one.. i like you was 'forgotten' for like 10 yrs.. then suddenly got the familiar SAF100.. told to join another unit.. @cry@ all by myself and dun know anyone in the new unit... sibeh sianz.. good luck bro...

Originally posted by estrangable View Post
          siao liao...663 SIR. shd be infantry. already ten years liao, still kenna called up!!!

Comment

According to www.ns.sg, C9L1 means:

"All servicemen not required to take IPPT, Fit for field duties including frontline duty. They can be involved in direct combat."

In another word, you will be a storeman or clerk but will do most of the sh*t things with the others... good luck!

hi,

KNN..must go back for reservist on next friday...my "virgin" call-up! What to expect? I was recently downgraded to c9l1 but dun know why they still call me for two weeks...

what to expect? Stay in or out? I threw away all the NS unitofrms and everything when i got downgraded....now got to borrow, buy, steal or beg!!

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
              SOrry.. I can't help u.. I PES E.. hehehhe no reservist.. Government dun want me...
              i also pes E ...

Comment

hehehe...3 more yrs i be out....lolz...mayb can get a nice watch after tat...lolz....
                Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

How old is too old for ICT?

I turn 28 in Dec this yr. After my NSF, I studied in England for almost 7 yrs before deciding to stay on with a job offer from a university. If I get a more attractive offer in Singapore, I will resign from my job so my UK work permit will be cancelled and won't be allowed to return without a new offer. Hard call to make as there's little money to save here after all the taxes, high cost of petrol (£1.20/lt), food, rent etc. Will I be liable for ICT if I return to S'pore? I have always been combat fit.

Comment

Originally posted by profjohn View Post
                    I turn 28 in Dec this yr. After my NSF, I studied in England for almost 7 yrs before deciding to stay on with a job offer from a university. If I get a more attractive offer in Singapore, I will resign from my job so my UK work permit will be cancelled and won't be allowed to return without a new offer. Hard call to make as there's little money to save here after all the taxes, high cost of petrol (£1.20/lt), food, rent etc. Will I be liable for ICT if I return to S'pore? I have always been combat fit.
                    Yes! Alot of people got their first ICT around 29 -33... not everyone but i see alot

Comment

Wah... hw to siam for so long sia... me nw almost 28 and i've cleared 4-5 ICT liao..

Hw to get pes E btw... both jazz n pet look fit to me... chao keng sia..
                      A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

of cos u will get called up..question is when. Before u turn 40 or after.

Also depend on yr salary as well

Comment

of cos u will get called up..question is when. Before u turn 40 or after.

Also depend on yr salary as well
                          Ya... for those earning > 5 figures a mth... most prob they'll never call u up...
                          A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Yes, no matter you are 30, 31, 32, 33, etc as long as you are not over 40 (for non-officer) and with computer system SAF is using, you will be call up once you are back in singapore. You will be "summon" for RT once you miss an IPPT. All thanks to the computer system....

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
                            Yes! Alot of people got their first ICT around 29 -33... not everyone but i see alot

Comment

That's not true... I have an ICT mate who is a NTU Prof (5 figure salary) and he is a storeman.

I have another mate who is a senior VP of UOB (should be 5 figure salary), he drive a 5 series for ICTs and he is a HQ clerk.

I have another mate who has own his own business (drive a Merc), he is in HQ also.

Many more example if you want to know...

PAP very rich and they want you to serve the country...

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                              Ya... for those earning > 5 figures a mth... most prob they'll never call u up...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X