X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina Militare watches in the forum

Hi all,

This thread will probably piss all the sellers here but i think the forummers here should be aware of.

Recently,i noticed that there are quite a number of Marina Militare watches on sale in the forum. These watches are using "asian" movements which as we all know - Made in China and are manufactured by tons. These watches are in fact dirt cheap.

But a check in the forum and you will see that it's not quite the case.

These watches are selling at more than 200 bucks per piece. If you check on the ebay, the prices are only ard 60 to 70 US and even if you factor in the shipping, it is still way cheaper than those selling here. Not to mention, the variety and comfort of home delivery.

For those who have doubts on my claims, see the links below -

http://stores.ebay.com.sg/1alpha-time

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/AUTOMATIC-STE...QQcmdZViewItem

I know there are some who will say that this is just a bidding price, you care to wait, you will be surprised at the final price.

Advice to all buyers, check check check.....

thanks for the reminder..

i guess this is a forum for thinking adults who if they decide to buy/sell, understand what they are getting into... its a contract which both parties agree to.

my advice, get from reliable and trusted source... i guess sellers will always allow buyers to see and feel the watch physically.. as opposed to ebay.. you might not get what you think you will get...

nevertheless, i am happy that so far the members who sell watches in this forum are truthful and i appreciate that.

remember...no one should be forced to buy. we buy because we like the watch and we believe it is value for our hard earned money...

cheers!
    In The Bag
    Him
    Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
    Her
    Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
    Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

If I m not wrong...this was brought up before. It's up to you to decide on what you want to buy.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

In fact it is not just ebay, that is selling such watches. I was even recommended watch makers/sellers from US(many-many) and HK. Though I've to agree that prices r cheaper (not really "dirt cheap"), the quality, built and design also defers. I'm still trying to 'convince' myself to buy a watch (or in fact any other items) online but the risks have been putting me off till now. Why? Simply because I've to look, see, feel and touch what I am buying, before I buy. I do not want to buy something and to later discover that I do not actually like/can't use it.

Just me personal thoughts (and fears)
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i 've seen them in some watch shops in shanghai priced RMB150.Factories probably in guangdong,distributing all over china through shenzhen into hk.Inside out the watches are made in china.

Comment

RMB150 any chances to get 1 or must buy in bulk
            You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

i only asked one of them..There are many of this shops retail replicas of watchs and bags.Wife dun like me goin there... Even the folexes are also like RMB150.I think their watches prices are quite standard..

Comment

Thanks bro for sharing.

My wife is different she will prefer me to spend less than she can spend more
                You'll Never Walk Alone

Comment

thks for sharing the info TS!
                  at the end of the day, willing buyer + willing seller... and now no buyer on sg-roc of such pieces can say they did not know better...
                  "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                  three times is enemy action and
                  over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                  ."

Comment

to each his own....as long as u get from those reputable power sellers, then i dun see a reason of why not getting from ebay since in actual fact, most of the watches in ebay or in this forum are prob from china. Not to mention better price and variety.

Overall, i will say i have a pretty good experience in ebay, be it quality or price.....planning to get a PAM homage watch from ebay soon. Will let everyone know the results!!

BTW, there is a bro in the forum selling at 150 sing...that is a very good price though
                    Last edited by estrangable; 22-08-08, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by estrangable View Post
                      to each his own....as long as u get from those reputable power sellers, then i dun see a reason of why not getting from ebay since in actual fact, most of the watches in ebay or in this forum are prob from china. Not to mention better price and variety.

Overall, i will say i have a pretty good experience in ebay, be it quality or price.....planning to get a PAM homage watch from ebay soon. Will let everyone know the results!!

Comment

The MM factory I dealing with is very well established with years of experience producing MMs! Wear with confidence!

Comment

the MM factory based in china?
                          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                            the MM factory based in china?
                            It is a big company with offices in HongKong n China. They are the ones that produces the quality stuffs n most of them appears in Ebay through different sellers. Do check out the rave reviews on these watches in Watchuseek

Now I'll be providing warranty against movement failure/defects

Buy with confidence
                            Last edited by Watchesnmore; 23-08-08, 12:16 PM.

Comment

there is no such thing as a MM factory cos MM isnt exactly a brand in the first place.

Most of the MM watches are from chinese factories....i seriously have doubts on those sellers that claims their stocks are from the US....which IMO is totally BS...of cos i might be wrong.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X