The other precious metals - Gold & Silver investments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The other precious metals - Gold & Silver investments

Hi, since some of us has been "hijacking" a FS post to discuss about silver, thought i'll start a new thread in the kopi-talk section. Anyone tracking the development of gold and silver price as well? Seems like a lot of news about it recently, especially on Silver which has hit a 30 year high of $40.59/oz. Any bros reckon it's time to sell as market seems to be getting too speculative?

Hmmm... tough question, I also am quite tempted to sell and hold cash...

But then, holding cash (ie paper) is still not safe with all these debt, "quantitative easing", wars etc etc, leading to lots of inflation.

I guess just sell some and keep the rest for a later date. Hopefully a solution to this monetary problem will come out (unlikely to be soon i think)

Comment

Have been trying to read up on the rise in silver and it seems that many government, banks and individuals are starting to hoard silver instead of gold as an alternative currency because gold is getting so expensive and US$ is wasted. If so, I think there is still some scope for silver to rise. Once it hits $45/oz perhaps I'll start to offload some although I'm not sure what else to invest in!

Comment

I personally think that silver has the opportunity to rise to $60 so at $40, still a 50% upside. Some, however, feel that the price can go up to $400... that imho, feels like a very aggressive bet. Comparing gold against silver, the latter has more industrial purpose use. But I must admit that a lot of the upside so far has been driven by speculation fuelled by inflation.
        I want a 116505!

Comment

Back in those (younger) days when I bought silver accessories, I don't remember they were sold by weight like gold accessories. Has that changed now
          Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Tiffany

With silver prices going up, I wonder if Tiffany will raise their prices??

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
              Back in those (younger) days when I bought silver accessories, I don't remember they were sold by weight like gold accessories. Has that changed now
              That didn't change but the rise of silver is amazing. Within a year, it has gone up from $15 to $40. Most folks in SG typically invest by putting money in a silver savings account (which only UOB offers at this point in time). You don't hold physical silver so you don't have to pay GST when you invest. Compared to gold, the upside for silver is higher since the base is smaller. Nonetheless, precious metals are the in-thing these days.
              I want a 116505!

Comment

Latest spot rate on Silver is US$41.5 even though US market is closed...pretty amazing, almost scary!

Comment

Originally posted by stektan View Post
                  With silver prices going up, I wonder if Tiffany will raise their prices??
                  Tiffany actually reduced their prices about 1 month ago. Slight adjustments due to currency

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Interestingly, there was an article in Straits Times the Sunday that just passed. Warned folks of the potential correction on silver.
                    I want a 116505!

Comment

Indeed, starting to see more "watch out" articles on silver. While everyone expected silver prices to go up, no one really expected it to rise so fast. As they say, what goes up fast will come down fast too! Let's see if it breaches the $45 mark although market is starting to soften today..

Comment

Silver just touched US$43.3 after a small correction. Thinking of converting my silver UOB account into physical coins. Besides silverbullion.com.sg, anyone knows where to get silver coins? Their premium seems to be spot + S$12.6, which is rather high. Don't want to buy off ebay for now.

Comment

was anyone affected by the events over the past few weeks?
                          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Metals and commodities r "negative carry" trades. Unless One believe in strong appreciation, else do not hold too long. Silver is massively over prices. With gold at 1.5k, "fair" historical value shd be ard 25 to 35 levels. I sh alowly correct back to ard 30 level if gold holds at ard 1.5k Any level above 40 r super speculative. The imposition of extra margin total burst the speculative bubble.
                            Daytona 116519 Meteorite, 16528 MK3 dia
                            Reb Sub 1680 MK2 x 2, mk4, MK6 BP ,116613LB Dia, 16610LV MK1
                            GMT 1675 Pepsi MK1, GILT BP,GMT 16753 Nipple Mocha x2 bp
                            GMT II 16760 Coke FAT Lady, 16758 nipple
                            DD 6611B x 2, 1803 RG, wide boy
                            DD 18038 Dia, 18039, 18308 dia
                            , 18238 malachite
                            DJ 6520, 6605, 6581, 1601/1603 x 6, 16220/30/34 cream
                            AP 15300 Black
                            Tudor 7016 small rose gilt dial
                            GP 18k RG
                            IWC Port 3714 Chrono
                            Chronoswiss Skeleton
                            Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

Revisiting this old thread...any bros till playing Gold & Silver? Since the last Apr, Gold has increased from US$1500 to today's high of US$1636/oz after briefly hitting a high of US$1640. Silver meanwhile, after the last rollar coaster ride, has steadily increased from $32 to today's $40...which I think is a much more realistic move vs the last time. Some talk that there will be a correction in mid-Aug before going up again for rest of the year to new highs. Bros who are interested might want to monitor prices this month.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X