X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help -- Sending watch to Buyer in KL by fedex

hi bros and sis,

Thinking of sending my watch to buyer to KL, as this is

the first time for me to send an expensive item to buyer oversea, need some advise

on the follows:

1) dos and don'ts.

2) Is it safe to ship thru fedex?

3) Considerations

4) Need to get insurance coverage... etc

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Originally posted by kwsttcpl View Post
    hi bros and sis,

Thinking of sending my watch to buyer to KL, as this is

the first time for me to send an expensive item to buyer oversea, need some advise

on the follows:

1) dos and don'ts.

2) Is it safe to ship thru fedex?

3) Considerations

4) Need to get insurance coverage... etc

Thanks in advance

Cheers
    Did the Buyer send you a message that reads like this:

" Am located in KL. Kindly contact fedex and let me know the cost of shipment so that i can visit my bank for the wire transfer"

Comment

Check that insurance is covered to the replacement value. If im not wrong, in the US, fedex only cover up to US$500.
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by daywalker88 View Post
        Did the Buyer send you a message that reads like this:

" Am located in KL. Kindly contact fedex and let me know the cost of shipment so that i can visit my bank for the wire transfer"
        Yes, very similiar, a scam???

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
          Check that insurance is covered to the replacement value. If im not wrong, in the US, fedex only cover up to US$500.
          hi thanks, did a check with fedex, they mention the highest insured value is USD$1000. Don't really understand how the insurance works, does it mean that they will only compensate USD$1000 max???

Comment

Yes, very similiar, a scam???
            Think so...when I requested for face to face, i received no further reply.

Comment

Originally posted by daywalker88 View Post
              Think so...when I requested for face to face, i received no further reply.
              thanks for the alert, will ask buyer to wire payment before shipment, else deal face to face.

any other inputs from bros/sis, thanks

Comment

thanks for the alert, will ask buyer to wire payment before shipment, else deal face to face.
                any other inputs from bros/sis, thanks
                Use FedEx to send with ParcelPro to insure your watch. ParcelPro will insure up to the value of your watch.
                When you check for payment, do confirm with your bank that the transferred monies is really in and not on the basis of a drawn cheque etc.
                Depending on the value, why not a F2F in KL?
                Unfortunately, Malaysian buyers suffer a bad reputation because of various scams and so I will also insist on buyer providing solid references first before I deal.
                Hope all these help...
                "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                three times is enemy action and
                over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                ."

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                  Use FedEx to send with ParcelPro to insure your watch. ParcelPro will insure up to the value of your watch.
                  When you check for payment, do confirm with your bank that the transferred monies is really in and not on the basis of a drawn cheque etc.
                  Unfortunately, Malaysian buyers suffer a bad reputation because of various scams and so I will also insist on buyer providing solid references first before I deal.
                  Hope all these help...
                  $$ in the bank then send over the watch....this is an universal arrangement.
                  I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                  A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                  Audemars Piguet ROO
                  Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                  De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                  Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                  Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                  Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                  IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                  Panerai 270
                  Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                  Rolex 116610LV
                  Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                    Hope all these help...
                    thanks for the infor sir. Is this "ParcelPro" insurance provided by fedex too?

One more newbies question : If i declare the watch or parcel to be S$10000, will the custom in malaysia charge something like our GST in Singapore. If yes, how many percent and who should bear the cost?Thanks in advance.

Comment

Thought I share the following which I came across on TZ back in March this year since bro Daywalker and myself were just talking about something similar yesterday (Mods, pls help remove the following if in appropriate. Thks) ...

"SCAM Alert - Don’t let this scam happen to you. Mar 14, 2011 - 12:32 AM

I was recently a victim of fraud. I never thought it would happen to me, but it did. I’ll try and give a complete but succinct story.

I had my PAM 250 on Showcase and I was contacted by a person via my cell phone (I had the number in the ad). We talked and he agreed to purchase my watch. I told him I wanted to do a wire to my bank (no names here, but think a red stagecoach). He said he used the same bank and offered to do an account to account transfer (within the same bank). I figured that would be a great and secure way to do the deal.

The following day he did the”transfer” and I checked my account online and it showed the funds in my account. I called my bank and they said the funds were there, I mentioned that it was an account to account transfer, but they failed in their duty to tell me that it was actually a deposit, not a transfer.

The next day the funds cleared and I then went and transferred the funds to a TZ seller (who’s great) and purchased a JLC. The teller at the branch where I transferred my funds to the seller of the JLC said my funds were secure and they actually made the transfer as a cash transfer. The purchase of my new watch went well, and the seller of the JLC to me was great, no issues. I also went ahead and express mailed my PAM to the “buyer”.

Six days later, I received notice that my account was over drawn by over $5K. Come to find out the “transfer” to my account was actually a deposit of a forged cashier’s check.
                      I’ve reported the theft to my local police who have assigned a detective to my case. The detective said that the address where my watch was mailed to in Henderson, NV was actually a home for sale. The cell phone he called me from was a pay as you go phone and may have some leads, but that’s not likely. My bank true to form refused to let me know where the deposit in Henderson occurred. The police may file a warrant.

I initiated a claim with my insurance company and within 24-hour they settled my claim as best as they could, they even waived my deductable. My insurance company was super and they treated me great.

My bank on the other hand treated me like crap. I filed a claim with them and they dismissed it because they had no records of my calls to verify the transfer. In fact the branch manager basically said it was my fault and stated that my accounts might be terminated because I’m a risk to the bank, in spite of the fact I’m a “Platinum” customer.

Feel free to PM or email me and I can give you names of my bank, insurance company, and the person’s name. I can also let you know the name of the person I purchased the JLC, who is just a super person as he offered to sell my JLC and help me get whole.

Bottom line if someone tells you they’re doing a wire or transfer, be very careful, it could be a fraudulent deposit.
                      At the end of the day, I’m still out over $2K. The seller of the JLC offered to re-sell my new watch at no cost to him, but I decided to keep it and simply take the $2K hit, because I really like my new JLC."
                      运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Originally posted by psee View Post
                        Thought I share the following which I came across on TZ back in March this year since bro Daywalker and myself were just talking about something similar yesterday (Mods, pls help remove the following if in appropriate. Thks) ...

I was recently a victim of fraud. I never thought it would happen to me, but it did. I’ll try and give a complete but succinct story.

I had my PAM 250 on Showcase and I was contacted by a person via my cell phone (I had the number in the ad). We talked and he agreed to purchase my watch. I told him I wanted to do a wire to my bank (no names here, but think a red stagecoach). He said he used the same bank and offered to do an account to account transfer (within the same bank). I figured that would be a great and secure way to do the deal.

The following day he did the”transfer” and I checked my account online and it showed the funds in my account. I called my bank and they said the funds were there, I mentioned that it was an account to account transfer, but they failed in their duty to tell me that it was actually a deposit, not a transfer.

The next day the funds cleared and I then went and transferred the funds to a TZ seller (who’s great) and purchased a JLC. The teller at the branch where I transferred my funds to the seller of the JLC said my funds were secure and they actually made the transfer as a cash transfer. The purchase of my new watch went well, and the seller of the JLC to me was great, no issues. I also went ahead and express mailed my PAM to the “buyer”.

Six days later, I received notice that my account was over drawn by over $5K. Come to find out the “transfer” to my account was actually a deposit of a forged cashier’s check.
                        I’ve reported the theft to my local police who have assigned a detective to my case. The detective said that the address where my watch was mailed to in Henderson, NV was actually a home for sale. The cell phone he called me from was a pay as you go phone and may have some leads, but that’s not likely. My bank true to form refused to let me know where the deposit in Henderson occurred. The police may file a warrant.

I initiated a claim with my insurance company and within 24-hour they settled my claim as best as they could, they even waived my deductable. My insurance company was super and they treated me great.

My bank on the other hand treated me like crap. I filed a claim with them and they dismissed it because they had no records of my calls to verify the transfer. In fact the branch manager basically said it was my fault and stated that my accounts might be terminated because I’m a risk to the bank, in spite of the fact I’m a “Platinum” customer.

Feel free to PM or email me and I can give you names of my bank, insurance company, and the person’s name. I can also let you know the name of the person I purchased the JLC, who is just a super person as he offered to sell my JLC and help me get whole.

Bottom line if someone tells you they’re doing a wire or transfer, be very careful, it could be a fraudulent deposit.
                        At the end of the day, I’m still out over $2K. The seller of the JLC offered to re-sell my new watch at no cost to him, but I decided to keep it and simply take the $2K hit, because I really like my new JLC."
                        Thanks for sharing bro psee! this is very useful indeed.
                        I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                        A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                        Audemars Piguet ROO
                        Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                        De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                        Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                        Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                        Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                        IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                        Panerai 270
                        Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                        Rolex 116610LV
                        Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                          $$ in the bank then send over the watch....this is an universal arrangement.
                          thanks for the help bro

Comment

Originally posted by psee View Post

thanks bro.

Comment

thanks bros for all the informations, pls feel free to contribute to this thread if you have any to share.

seems like it is quite risky to deal with oversea buyers.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X