Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping from Hong Kong

Hi bros,

I'm hoping you could help me out here, as I've not been able to find any info on this forum and others.

I recently purchased a watch from a private seller in Hong Kong, and have asked a friend living there to ship it to me. When she went down to DHL today, they refused to accept the package as the value of the watch was above HKD10,000! I've also checked out Parcel Pro, but was informed they cannot insure for one-time shipments.

Would anyone know or can recommend another international shipper (e.g. FedEx, UPS) that is willing to fully insure my watch?

Thanks in advance!
    My madness so far :

Bell & Ross BR03-94 Phantom
    IWC 320104 Antoine de St Exupery Power Reserve - For Sale
    IWC 371701 Pilot's Chronograph
    IWC 500401 Big Pilot
    PAM26K Luminor Marina Left-handed Special Edition
    PAM233K Luminor 1950 8 Days GMT
    PAM190H Radiomir 8 Days
    Sinn UBlack

Hi,

You may wish to explore these 2 options:

1) check again if it is possible to ship via FedEx with ParcelPro insurance. I have used ParcelPro twice now and have never heard of the 'one-time' shipping restriction. If you are having it shipping in with insurance, you will be caught by GST (if your watch's insured/ declared value is more than S$400).

2) taking into account the additional $ (shipping + insurance + gst) that would be incurred, how about just flying to HK and coming back? If your friend is already holding onto the watch, it's just a question of getting a cheap flight to HK and back, no? Think about it 7% of SGD10k is already S$700....

Have fun!

Ender
    "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
    three times is enemy action and
    over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
    ."

Comment

Thanks bro Ender. Looks like that might be a better option.

Mods - sorry I somehow posted this in the wrong forum. Should be in Kopi-Talk. Must have posted this too late last night... Brain shut down.
      My madness so far :

IWC 500401 Big Pilot
      PAM190H Radiomir 8 Days
      Sinn UBlack

Comment

haha well analyse by bro Ender! if i were you i fly over during the weekends and wear it back. Congrats in advance! Also BIG Congrats to you bro Ender for your 190!!

Comment

Most ideal....

Take Friday or monday leave....

Fly over on friday morning flight. Reach ther by lunch! More than enough time to go watch shopping, ocean park etc, eat dim sum, take watch, buy some other things and come back by Sunday.

Depending on what style you travel, it may not cost you more than the GST you need to pay. Enjoy some more

Comment

Don't even need to take leave on Friday if you are going this weekend !

I have ever asked for watches purchased in US/Europe to be shipped to HK (a friend's house) as there is no import duty for watches in HK. Since I travel frequently, not difficult to pass-by HK to pick these up and have dim-sum.

Comment

Yes...yes.. yes.. fly to HongKong for a good weekend too. I miss the dim sum!!

Comment

If you trust me, I go to Hong Kong quite regularly.
                I have property and family over there but live in Singapore.

If you feel comfortable with the idea, you can PM and arrange to come to my home / office to talk. No charge for you.
                I'm sure some of the bros in here can vouch for me.

Comment

Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post

If you feel comfortable with the idea, you can PM and arrange to come to my home / office to talk. No charge for you.
                  Yap. This is best. I have good friends living there too. For all US/Europe stuff, send to HK is the best.

Comment

Wow! You are so nice kenlinliu1419 bro.

Comment

sorry to TS but hoping to latch on to the topic about HK. Does anyone know if there are authentication services in HK? I'm looking specifically at Patek Philippe. Please advice newbie me, thank you.
                      I want a 116505!

Comment

Originally posted by Louis V View Post
                        sorry to TS but hoping to latch on to the topic about HK. Does anyone know if there are authentication services in HK? I'm looking specifically at Patek Philippe. Please advice newbie me, thank you.
                        I would think the official PP service centre in HK will do it.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                          I would think the official PP service centre in HK will do it.
                          thank you bro
                          I want a 116505!

Comment

Many thanks for your kind gesture! I appreciate it!

I'm giving Parcel Pro another shot, and am in touch with their Hong Kong office. Looks like they're able to do it (strange why I was told not possible earlier). If this doesn't work out, I might consider taking up your offer!
                            My madness so far :

IWC 500401 Big Pilot
                            PAM190H Radiomir 8 Days
                            Sinn UBlack

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...