Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consider Alternatives?

Hi All Brothers,

Joined this very active forum early this year....only find time to be able to contribute recently.

I salute the whole group/moderators for being so enthusiastic about bringing in 100pieces of LE Watch.

I have some reservation about the idea.

To customise the LE watch to look "similar" to certain models eg. Pepsi dial of Rolex, will likely to invite unforthcoming comments like wearing a replica. Anything less than good brand, no resale values except probably within SGROC.

10years down the road, perhaps all the brothers here still can get together and laugh all we want, does the watch have any "resale" value to the watch market? Perhaps only "intinsic values" within the members here....

Is it worth the effort?

Perhaps we can think of other alternatives?

I hope I don't get blacklisted.....
    TT D GMTII
    SS Z ExpII
    TT M Sub
    SS M Milgauss

Looking BNIB SS Z/M SD

Hi lcwlesile,

Thanks for your feedback,what alternatives do you suggest then?

If we can partner with one of the reputable watch brands,I think there shouldn't be much of a problem though

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      Hi lcwlesile,

Thanks for your feedback,what alternatives do you suggest then?

If we can partner with one of the reputable watch brands,I think there shouldn't be much of a problem though
      Hi Darkangel,

To fellow forumers, no problemo la....for outsiders, I think I would not like the idea to explaining to curious "lookers" that I'm still wearing a "reputable-swiss-movement-but-rolex-replica". There are too many out there who will never hestitate to put us down for wearing a replica - worst some even accuse others wearing fakes???

I am not sure if there's anyone who suggested to have a "Mass Order of Rolex".

For example, have a Mass Order drive each month for a particular model of ROLEX. Then go and secure a best deal with local AD. We would then have much more bargaining power since it's a regular drive within the SGROC.

More members will join this forum to take advantage of the drive. More members may take up the pre-owned watches here then. Perhaps less verification needed if all brothers here can be trusted - with local certs?

More local members able to secure at much reasonable price locally - less headaches with buying from overseas - having to carry them back - security and tax issue.

There may be much more advantages if we all put our heads into it.
      TT D GMTII
      SS Z ExpII
      TT M Sub
      SS M Milgauss

Looking BNIB SS Z/M SD

Comment

Well... i dunno abt you but if i'm buying something memorable like a limited edition forum watch...why would i even consider selling it? even if there are profits, dun tink i would do that..

Juz my 2 cents..
        A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Oh.. and btw, we are not really looking into having a rolex 'replica' or homage, etc...

Preferbly, we would want a reputable manufacturer...
          A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
            Well... i dunno abt you but if i'm buying something memorable like a limited edition forum watch...why would i even consider selling it? even if there are profits, dun tink i would do that..

Juz my 2 cents..
            Life is too uncertain. If I need to liquidate, it would be good to know the even my wedding ring is at least worth thousands.
            My 2cents oso
            TT D GMTII
            SS Z ExpII
            TT M Sub
            SS M Milgauss

Looking BNIB SS Z/M SD

Comment

Oh.. and btw, we are not really looking into having a rolex 'replica' or homage, etc...

I am sure it must come from reputable manufacturer....problem is the design. Too similar to any other popular model - problem....too unique....also problem.

Sorry la...like I say, it's my reservation. Hope to highlight, probably the 20plus people who voted against in the forum feel so too....but never commented.
              TT D GMTII
              SS Z ExpII
              TT M Sub
              SS M Milgauss

Looking BNIB SS Z/M SD

Comment

I think louis has clarified already

Comment

I think louis has clarified already
                  I oso clarified...just slightly slower than you...:

Cheeers mate
                  TT D GMTII
                  SS Z ExpII
                  TT M Sub
                  SS M Milgauss

Looking BNIB SS Z/M SD

Comment

Ok...great to hear that!

Comment

That's great to hear, but the touted 3 seem to be rolex homages/ IWC B-UHR homages right?

I too agree that we should get a watch from a reputable brand, otherwise it belittles the idea innit?

In fact, honestly, this being a rollie forum, why dont we just throw caution to the wind and aim for one? The hardcore guys will get it regardless i'm sure.....and it can be one of those entry-level 1-2k types...after all, this is a legit rollie forum, and the only Sporean one at that....

Cmon guys, you dun see the sinn forum getting homages or some other brand...

Also, sorry if this riles anybody...dont mean to ruffle feathers either...

I'll prob get whatever watch it is Towkay chooses regardless, but i'd very much prefer it to be a rollie!
                      There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                        .....and it can be one of those entry-level 1-2k types...after all, this is a legit rollie forum, and the only Sporean one at that....
                        I guess bro ghost put it the nicest way....having touched the same idea

btw...could you tell me which particular model entry level 1-2K??? I am looking to expand my rollies collection...
                        TT D GMTII
                        SS Z ExpII
                        TT M Sub
                        SS M Milgauss

Looking BNIB SS Z/M SD

Comment

Originally posted by lcwleslie View Post
                          I guess bro ghost put it the nicest way....having touched the same idea

btw...could you tell me which particular model entry level 1-2K??? I am looking to expand my rollies collection...
                          Rolex at 1-2k usually are the vintage 1s...like the 6694,1601-4,16014,Airking etc...

Comment

Rolex at 1-2k usually are the vintage 1s...like the 6694,1601-4,16014,Airking etc...
                            should have spent more time surfing more info before jumping to 16713...but then, though little bit heartpain-pain...no regret at all...

Anyway...kamsia....
                            TT D GMTII
                            SS Z ExpII
                            TT M Sub
                            SS M Milgauss

Looking BNIB SS Z/M SD

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...