No announcement yet.

Watch for a friend that's leaving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigh I think I will just use the deposit to get a basic classico U-boat for myself. Everyone I asked thinks the F1 U-boat looks tacky, haha.
    Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Re: Watch for a friend that's leaving

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post
      Nice meh? I showed my best friend the pics, on the pretense that i m getting it for myself. He said its tacky! Then he asked me if i really think the singapore F1 will take off, as he think it will more likely fizzle off in a few years. Fish! Faint!
      Yes, sadly that is true. Seems like most of the attractions STB tries to do is abject failure in medium to long run because upkeep and marketing not there.

much as I like fast cars and race queens, I think they would be better off building a purpose-built track like Sepang in Sentosa or Ubin or Tekong. Atleast then, the SAF soldiers have something real to protect.

Comment

Sigh I think I will just use the deposit to get a basic classico U-boat for myself. Everyone I asked thinks the F1 U-boat looks tacky, haha.
        BD> believe we share the same taste since i also own the blue sub think the watch looks cool with the floating numbers altho the spore flag can definitely be made less conspicious.

keep it for yourself and get your friend a swatch

Comment

Originally posted by joydivision View Post
          BD> believe we share the same taste since i also own the blue sub think the watch looks cool with the floating numbers altho the spore flag can definitely be made less conspicious.

keep it for yourself and get your friend a swatch
          No la, he is like family.

You want the F1 watch or not? I help you absorb $200 since my deposit is kind of stuck in that shop
          Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

You want the F1 watch or not? I help you absorb $200 since my deposit is kind of stuck in that shop
            why not use the store credit to buy their 2nd hand watches?
            Opportunities come once

Comment

yes i was tempted but gotta control myself cos i just bought 2 watches last week

my good friend bought one when i brought him down upon seeing your thread

Comment

Well, IMHO, it's better you minimize your "loss" if you have not already paid for the full sum of the U boat, watch to purchase something from the shop for $200, like straps, seiko/casio - and sell it here at sg-roc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mille View Post
                  why not use the store credit to buy their 2nd hand watches?
                  if u want anything let me know help u absorb 200 haha
                  Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Ok just some closure to this thread.

Think the shop was quite pissed with me for deciding not to purchase the limited edition F1 Uboat. When i went back, they still had quite a few left unpurchased. I told them I showed my bro (well, best friend is like my bro, and bro sounds less strange) and he didn't like the pics I showed him. So asked for refund of deposit - can't. So I bought the only available classico they had.

What i was a bit upset was that the 3 different sales guy quoted me 3 different discount. One guy said no discount, the other said 10%, and on the day of purchase, another said 5%. When I called up the Raffles City branch, the salesgirl also said 10%. When I asked them what the glass was made of, one guy said the glass was sapphire, the other said it was mineral glass. At that point, I decided i am going to relent, and be less confrontational. I do find their practice "a bit less than honest"; I guess with my deposit in their hands, they had the leverage. Nvm, I got money, haha, a few hundred won't kill me so i rather just grab and get out and never see them again. But to be fair, I did back out of my deal for the F1 watch, so i guess tit for tat. But had I left my deposit for a pam at THG, I think my fave salesgirl wouldn't subject me to this game if i decided to use the deposit for another watch.

In the end, I decided that this watch bears too much wrath, so i ain't gonna give it to my bro. After I bought the U-boat, I went to several shops to look at Bell & Ross, before I decided on this one. The box is awesome! I thought Rolex is supreme but B&R's packaging is really slick. And what was more, the watch looks great on the hand, and I think it will really go well with the coupe that he drives. Unfortunately, what was initially a budget of 3K, had expanded to more than 6K thanks to the whole adventure during this time of recession, haha.
                    Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

The "farewell best friend" watch! (Fxxx, it looks great, didnt know b&r is so awesome. I have to grab one too when i get my bonus in dec).

br2.jpg

br3.jpg

br97.jpg
                      Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

congrats...
                        jai guru deva om .. ..

Comment

How about Russian Watch......?
                          --------------------------------------
                          Rolex Date Just Perpetual 16234
                          TAGHeuer 2000 Professional Exclusive
                          Longines LA GRANDE CLASSIQUE

--------------------------------------
                          WishList

Rolex Submariner 16610 LV
                          Rolex Sea-Dweller Deepsea

Comment

The "farewell best friend" watch! (Fxxx, it looks great, didnt know b&r is so awesome. I have to grab one too when i get my bonus in dec).

[ATTACH]2504[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2505[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2506[/ATTACH]
                            nice 42mm bro.....

anyway, get 1 for yrself soon...it's indeed a nice watch to own...

cheers

james
                            Last edited by wolfeyes1974; 22-09-08, 07:38 PM.
                            I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                            A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                            Audemars Piguet ROO
                            Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                            De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                            Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                            IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                            Panerai 270
                            Patek Philippe 5711/1a