The highest offer so far is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The highest offer so far is...

Quite often we see sellers mention in the subsequent posts of their sale thread

"Highest offer received so far is $XXXX", or

"Last offer received $XXXX from XXX (nick or phone no.)".

Sometimes I wonder if those offers are real, especially when a said offer is not far away from the asking price.

In most cases, sellers mention the offers to attract higher offers, or as a way to communicate that they don't accept such price. In some rarer cases, buyer mention the offers to expose the "low ballers" (according to their own definition).

What do you think? How would you feel if you offer is not accepted and then used as reference in the sale thread? Should such practice be discouraged in dealing over the forum like this?
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Sorry, the word "buyer" on 3rd line from the bottom should read as "sellers"

Comment

I would bother by such comments in the sales thread. If I want to buy the watch, show him/her the money even if is below what was "last offered". Take it or leave... simple...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
        ... If I want to buy the watch, show him/her the money even if is below what was "last offered". Take it or leave... simple...
        +1. I can SMS seller and say $X, but whats the point when you dont have the cash in your pocket and the watch sold?

money talks louder than words.

being the skeptical type; sometimes its just a ploy to try and start a bidding "war".
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
          Quite often we see sellers mention in the subsequent posts of their sale thread

"Highest offer received so far is $XXXX", or

"Last offer received $XXXX from XXX (nick or phone no.)".

Sometimes I wonder if those offers are real, especially when a said offer is not far away from the asking price.

In most cases, sellers mention the offers to attract higher offers, or as a way to communicate that they don't accept such price. In some rarer cases, buyer mention the offers to expose the "low ballers" (according to their own definition).

What do you think? How would you feel if you offer is not accepted and then used as reference in the sale thread? Should such practice be discouraged in dealing over the forum like this?
          I think its a double edged sword, genuine buyer may be discouraged to even nego with you if u do that. I have done that myself except that i have real pm offers and i dun mention names.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexlow View Post
            I think its a double edged sword, genuine buyer may be discouraged to even nego with you if u do that. I have done that myself except that i have real pm offers and i dun mention names.
            Thanks for your input. I was about to appeal to sellers who did this to share their view

I agree with you that genuine buyer might be discouraged to even nego with the seller, as that was how I felt sometimes. But I would still make an offer if I am "desperate"...hehe.

Comment

It doesn't really bothers me. I seldom take that for real but even if I do, it is how much I am willing to pay for it that determines my decision.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

if you really want the piece, just PM seller and say "give you $X deal anot?", who knows they may say yes. at most you have lost 30seconds to type out a PM.
                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                Blue 6694
                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X