Pam Sub 24 Or JLC navy seal auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pam Sub 24 Or JLC navy seal auto

hi collectors, recently im in a state of confusion of whether to get this or that. so i tot of posting a thread here to help me see things that i overlooked.
    anyone owns the above and have any pros and cons?

for example-
    pro for pam24, cheaper than JLC, bigger dial, looks soild as its an 44mm watch..
    cons for pam24, quick strap release may get faulty if force is apply too much, rotating bezel got something made of plastic inside n tends to wear off...

pro for JLC nsa, limited edition..
    cons for JLC nsa, too espensive, black bezel easily got scratch..

hope anyone can post some thoughts here.
    thanks Lot!

pam for sure..

nothing great abt nsa limited edition...besides it's just a jlc watch with basic time telling and date functions.
    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
    Audemars Piguet ROO
    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
    Panerai 270
    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
    Rolex 116610LV
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

I say go for PAM24.... if quick release strap changing system bothers u, get a used piece in great condition for a lower price + old school lug screw system

But having said that, also do look at the PAM25. U're already considering an all black matt looking watch in the JLC NSA, the Ti PAM25 is also a joy to own and wear. Hobnail dial compliments the matt overall look of the 25, and is incredibly light for a submersible.
      "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
      --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

time to release abit of poison.

Comment

Been wearing the PAM 24 since 2008 and I love it! It also looks good with various strap changes.
          His: AP ROO, Hublot BB, PAM 24/29/183/372, Chopard L.U.C 2000/Mille Miglia, Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV/Sub 16610 LV/1680 "Red Sub"/GMT Master 1675/GMT Master II 16760 "FAT LADY"/Seadweller 16600/DSSD 116660, Tudor 94010 "Snowflake"/94200 "BIG Block"/Heritage Chrono/Black Bay, Omega Seamaster 2254.50/2538.20

Hers: AP ROO & AP Millenary, Cartier Santos, Chopard Happy Sports & Cannes Fest, PAM 49, Rolex Explorer1 214270

Comment

Appreciate all the feed back guys. No jlc nsa owners sharing their tots or defending the watch? Partly the desire of me owning him is due to me haven tried own a jlc before.

Comment

Originally posted by tpmmark View Post
              Appreciate all the feed back guys. No jlc nsa owners sharing their tots or defending the watch? Partly the desire of me owning him is due to me haven tried own a jlc before.
              Try JLC for their dress/complications/reverso watches not the sport series. If you must have a sport/dive watch my opinion is there are better choices in other brands.
              Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
                I say go for PAM24.... if quick release strap changing system bothers u, get a used piece in great condition for a lower price + old school lug screw system

But having said that, also do look at the PAM25. U're already considering an all black matt looking watch in the JLC NSA, the Ti PAM25 is also a joy to own and wear. Hobnail dial compliments the matt overall look of the 25, and is incredibly light for a submersible.
                I agreed with Bro Destro, PAM 25 is better becoz of the Hobnail dial and the matt overall look. I think it would be a great watch to have if you are looking for a rugged looks.

Comment

i have the JLC NSAuto. it's also my first JLC and i really love the watch. had it for a month or so now. The 42mm size has its pros too, like being handy and useful in many situations. It's actually even good enough for dress wear as it's not too thick. I don't really know a lot about dive watches but when i thought i should get one, the NSA came to mind after reading some reviews. You really got to read into the movement, the technology behind JLC watches to know why it cost more. Its crown is patented. Just a turn and you're locked on. The movement is in-house and i don't really think JLC's movements need any defending. It also boils down to design. Do you want a 44mm? If so, you can get the NS alarm or the slightly cheaper Diving GMT/Chrono. All these models come in titanium, making it light on the wrist. I would disagree that there are better brands to go for in terms of sport or dive watches. JLC's compressor series is impressive, plus the Amvox (Aston Martin collaborations) with its patented chrono. If you look into the details, you probably then understand its cost. Besides, it's sometimes a nice feeling to have something not too common.

One thing though i must caution u is JLC don't have good resale. But it's also very difficult to get a used one as it's pretty rare. Maybe the price is a put off. FYI, i'm selling my NS auto bcos i recently bought a compressor chrono. But to be honest, it's one of the most difficult watches i've had to sell and i still may not sell it, but just flirting around with the price i guess. i found it much easier to sell past Tags and even a Chopard Mille Miglia chrono. Why? because the JLC is like a tool watch, all weather, not too bulky, good for every occasion and it looks good too. I'm speaking in lay man's terms though.

my suggestion is to visit retailers and try on the watches. For NSAuto, you can go to JLC boutique at Raffles Hotel. If you want to buy, pm me for a good salesperson. Good luck but don't pass the JLC just yet.

Here's a review-
                  http://jlc.watchprosite.com/show-for...ti-580671/s-0/

Comment

nice feed back on the JLC trento, its nice to hear from a actual owner his tots.
                    and bro pegasi, u mention something abt try JLC.., bt not their sport series. mind telling more? btw, this thread is just purely for my own comparasion, and not to put dwn any owners of the watches.. imo, both has got its pros and cons. it boils dwn to how much at his pt of time the buyer is willingly to pay =)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X