Mini field report from Osaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini field report from Osaka

hi, just came back from Osaka. Here's a little contribution on the prices on Rolex in Osaka. Will update more when i'm free.

Basically it's either discount, or no discount but the price (no discount ) will be nett of sales tax. All exchange rates will be based on worst case scenario, 1000 yen to $13.70 sgd.

Daytona 116520 (from Quark) - 1,329,900 yen which's about 18,220 SGD. Cash price $17235 SGD. (no discounts)

Submariner SS (AD taka etc) - 560,000 yen, which's about 7680 SGD nett of tax.

Submariner LV (AD taka etc) - 600,000 yen, 8220 SGD. In abundance. Can find in every single AD (nett of tax)

Sea dweller SS (AD also) - 580,000 yen, 7950 SGD. Surprisingly, can be found at most ADs. (nett of tax)

YM Roliseum (AD) - 930,000 yen, 12741 SGD. Didn't ask if there's any disc for YM (nett of tax)

TT YM (AD) - 980,000 yen, 13,426 SGD. (nett of tax)

Here's my own story...

had a freaking hard time looking for the TT YM blue dial. Then finally found it in Kobe. Forgot the shop's name, but it's just opposite Kobe Diamaru. The price he offered was about 12500 SGD, that is after disc. No tax deduction. Wife stopped me from buying as she said it was HIDEOUS looking. Instead, she told me to get 116250 (white dial) What more can i say...but too bad they don't have it.

Next day, was at my hotel area Namba. Saw this shop called Matsuda. Went inside and saw 116250, both black and white dial. The price he offered was about 16,200 SGD !!!!! I was about to buy it liao...when i asked him where's the watch from...

He told me Korea. I was in 2 minds already. I don't know what u guys think, but Korea is famous for producing "AAA" grades. 16200 sgd for daytona, too good to be true. I'd rather pay 1k plus extra in SG, for security and a peace of mind. Anyway, hope i'll get it soon.

I have the Rolex catalogue from jp. So anyone going can feel free to msg me re the prices.
    Last edited by shawn77; 23-09-08, 12:29 AM.

I think it's 116520 and not 116250.

Glad you had lots of fun Rolex hunting!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

wow. thanks for a very comprehensive report.

read from other website(US) that SD is available too. i think rolex is still in the process of clearing their SD. i got the feeling that local AD just take the opportunity to sell above premium at the moment.

btw, daytona is a great watch. hope u land with one soon. cheers.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
      Working...
      X