X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experts say high—end watches proving to be stable investments

BULLSH*T

According to report from Channel NewsAsia - Wednesday, October 8

SINGAPORE: Seventy high—end watches from Geneva valued at over S$15 million were in Singapore last month for a public exhibition and the first—ever Asian edition of the world’s most prestigious watch competition, Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Gen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Even during these times of financial turmoil, global collectors said demand for luxury items such as watches is still growing and collectors are going after the rarer pieces by the more established brands.

Wei Koh, editor—in—chief and founder, Revolution Press, said: "The holy trinity of high watch—making is Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet and Vacheron Constantin. These are three of the most established, cherished and revered (brands), all of which represent and safeguard traditional watch—making."

Over the years, the intrinsic value of some of these high—end watches has held up despite market fluctuations.

According to the Federation of the Swiss Watch Industry, Singapore is the third watch market in Asia, behind Japan and Hong Kong. It is ranked number eight in the global distribution of Swiss watch exports.

Many are optimistic about the watch market in Singapore, which has a small but growing pool of serious investors.

Gilbert Cheah, managing director, Edipresse Singapore, said: "People are still buying them. My feeling is that if it can weather what’s happening now, then in the next five years, it will continue to do very well."

Experts have advised investors to keep a lookout for buying possibilities in the months ahead as people affected by the economic downturn may start selling their assets.

I'll take this with a pinch of salt...

Comment

haha..imho..watches are meant to be worn and tell time..not as investments....more like a hobby...expensive though...
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Ahh!!! these so-called guru s have their opinions, we have our own. Don't take their words too seriously but be guided by our own sensible compass.

Comment

You need a big fortune to make a small fortune
          ...speaking from a paneristi point of view.

It is just a hobby.
          I own a Rolex !

Comment

All these people who gave their opinions are in the watch industry, of course say good about buying watches lah...

Comment

For the truly collectible pcs ........ u need to get your hands on these to begin with

Comment

dun believe

Comment

Most news are just a form of propaganda... Best to Listen and forget
                  A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                    Most news are just a form of propaganda... Best to Listen and forget
                    As expected from our 154th media.
                    "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Are these experts telling us not to buy from ADs now and should look into second-hand market at this moment?

And since people are affected by the economic downturn and selling their assets, of course, they are selling them cheap. In another words, how high-end watches proved to be a stable investment leh?

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                      BULLSH*T
                      Experts have advised investors to keep a lookout for buying possibilities in the months ahead as people affected by the economic downturn may start selling their assets.

Comment

they're referring to the rich and famous lah....

not applicable to us....ta kong chai lah...

cheers

james
                        I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                        A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                        Audemars Piguet ROO
                        Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                        De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                        Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                        Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                        Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                        IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                        Panerai 270
                        Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                        Rolex 116610LV
                        Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Superscale salaried individuals..
                          "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

wah, is this a double post, I just post this b4...
                            Click [URL="http://lumeworks.blogspot.com/"]Lumeworks[/URL]- injecting art into a timeless zone..

[IMG]http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp33/reed_1984/2777918255.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

crimewatch, actually I came across this article from channelnewsasia about investment in watches... thinking it is so bullsh*t, just wanna share with bros here loh...

Originally posted by crimewatch View Post
                              wah, is this a double post, I just post this b4...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X