Sell my watch just to buy back again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sell my watch just to buy back again

Did you sell your watch(es) just to buy it back again?

By now I have done this for 3 different watches - 2 out of the 3 watches I buy-sell 3 times

Some of the reasons I did that:
    1) Didn't like it that much during first ownership so sold it, but saw people worn on their wrist or posted the pics very nice, then bought again
    2) Liked the watch but had to sell to fund another watch that tempted me more at that time, then missed the watch later
    3) Liked the watch but not happy with the condition (or that it was not complete set), hence sold and bought another same but "better" one
    4) Backside itchy...erh...how to explain this...just backside itchy lor
    5) A combination of some/all of the above

Do you have the same experience? How often and what was your reason?

To me if you sell a black dial to buy a white dial then it is not really the same watch I think...?
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

PAM111, my friend .. ?
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

好马不吃回头草!!!!

Comment

Actually I have not had the experience, though I have "flash" intentions intermittently of wanting to acquire back few of the models I have owned & sold. But each time, I talked it out with some friends and managed to curb those temptations. I think this is also dependent very much on which stage of the hobby you are at. When one is new to it and not (yet) too informed of the product, he/she may just go around buying with limited knowledge. When more knowledge and skills are gained over time, mindsets and perceptions of the product will change (or if you'll like to use the term 'upgrade' ), thus resulting in change of "taste" as well. Then he/she will start selling old, buying new. This is a general progression in this hobby, sadly. Why 'sadly'? Because money is always the major issue for most of us .
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          When one is new to it and not (yet) too informed of the product, he/she may just go around buying with limited knowledge. When more knowledge and skills are gained over time, mindsets and perceptions of the product will change (or if you'll like to use the term 'upgrade' ), thus resulting in change of "taste" as well. Then he/she will start selling old, buying new. This is a general progression in this hobby, sadly. Why 'sadly'? Because money is always the major issue for most of us .
          Are you implying I never progress/upgrade but keep moving backward?

Don't friend you liao

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            PAM111, my friend .. ?
            I'm not done yet with that one...

Originally posted by shuseido View Post
            好马不吃回头草!!!!
            子非鱼, 焉知鱼之乐...chim leh...

Comment

You have misread me. "Progress/upgrade" is in one's personal perception of how this product should/not be. Not totally in economic/monetary sense. I'm sorry that my england is not too good as I do not know how well to use it to explain myself correctly. For example, one starts his watch hobby collecting only automatic ETA watch movement models as he is not (yet) exposed to the other watch brands/models. As he then progresses and gains knowledge over time, he starts to think that those with 'in-house' watch movements are better to collect, and he sells his watches to buy new ones. Again, over time, he learns more and felt that he still likes the more robust and reliable ETA watch movements and goes to buy back some of those he used to own.

Just look at what is happening to panerai
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I always flip because something about the watch irks me, usually the condition. Then I will miss the watch and try to find the same model but in better condition.

I have realized that unless I buy a watch brand new and am the sole abuser of that watch, I will always be irked about the condition of a pre-owned piece, I just hate not knowing what has been done to it. sigh.
                My Tumblr
                -------------------
                http://beads-of-rice.tumblr.com/

Comment

Then you're better off buying them all new.
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X