No announcement yet.

Keep Cash or Spend on Really Good Deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep Cash or Spend on Really Good Deal?

waiting for things to happen at work so decided to post this question..

seems like these days it's just bad news after bad news, and a supplement in last sunday's Sunday Times confirmed that some local companies are already retrenching/shrinking, while some are tightening their belts...

a question for the brothers here - if there is a watch i.e. Rolex, going at a really really great price (really hard to get offer), considering the tough times ahead, will u go ahead with it or pass it by?

er.. bad times nw and i still go buy one 3 hrs ago leh..

i think i ish mad..
    走在人挤人的走道 我问了自已
    没有爱情的人是否会长命
    坐在没有人的角落 我又问自已
    究竟应该继续 还是该放弃
    没有人能了解我 现在的心情
    想看你 想躲你 难以决定

Comment

me will go for it if it's a real bargain....cos u nvr see rollie price come down...only go north....

cheers

james
      I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
      A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
      Audemars Piguet ROO
      Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
      De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
      Habring2 Pilot Time Date
      Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
      Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
      IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
      Panerai 270
      Patek Philippe 5711/1a
      Rolex 116610LV
      Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Depends on the amt u r talking abt. If exceeds my comfort zone, I'll pass.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

How good is the deal? 2k for a submariner? hahah

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

I will buy the sub at $1.8k and sell to Darkie at $2k...

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post

Comment

I will buy if the price is attractive. Now looking around for Day Date....

Comment

i buy, i am a funny guy. now selling a few rolex watches at a loss because i am going to use the money to buy a watch i really like haha but it that watch is not rolex sad to say. i must said rolex is a good brand to buy, will raise in value in times to come. so u see, even the watches i am selling r rolex which if i keep will have more value, i still go ahead to sell as i cant control my senses. i like means i will try my best to get what i want haha.

Comment

Originally posted by mleewh View Post
                  er.. bad times nw and i still go buy one 3 hrs ago leh..

i think i ish mad..
                  as long as in your comfort zone, you are OK. dont borrow to buy luxury goods. simply not worth it.

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                  daydreamer

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                  I will buy the sub at $1.8k and sell to Darkie at $2k...
                  another day dreamer .........

Originally posted by babyfolio View Post
                  alot of those will come onto preowned market IMO.maybe hold your purchase for a while.
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I see another gold fan

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

RG, YG or WG? ... the price differences make a world of difference
                      Blue 6694
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

thanks for the replies.. was bored at work so decided to start a talking point. ha!

i think amount will have to depend on the model (plus condition & package), while comfort zone depends on the financial stability of each individual..

personally i am not a high roller, but i kinda agree with bro james that rollie prices will only go north. so if i find myself an irresistable offer, i will grab it! but provided my financial stability is there & i know i can weather the current storm.. hee!

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                        Depends on the amt u r talking abt. If exceeds my comfort zone, I'll pass.

Comment

woo... i like day date too, very classic look... but very very expensive!

Comment

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                            i buy, i am a funny guy. now selling a few rolex watches at a loss because i am going to use the money to buy a watch i really like haha but it that watch is not rolex sad to say. i must said rolex is a good brand to buy, will raise in value in times to come. so u see, even the watches i am selling r rolex which if i keep will have more value, i still go ahead to sell as i cant control my senses. i like means i will try my best to get what i want haha.
                            Let me guess. PP or AP?

Comment

Originally posted by video.starz View Post
                              thanks for the replies.. was bored at work so decided to start a talking point. ha!

i think amount will have to depend on the model (plus condition & package), while comfort zone depends on the financial stability of each individual..

personally i am not a high roller, but i kinda agree with bro james that rollie prices will only go north. so if i find myself an irresistable offer, i will grab it! but provided my financial stability is there & i know i can weather the current storm.. hee!
                              to be honest the prices that people are willing to pay for a used timepiece will never cover your initial outlay. so in all honestly, we can rule out ALL hope of making money on a new piece.

given that i was offered a piece at good condition/price. will i bite? most likely. but i will have to be in a financial position to purchase it.

like today, 3 dealers ring me up and ask whether i want to buy car or not. this tells me that, these dealers are getting desperate, and that they will even go thru their former mailing list and keep in touch with them.

today i could have test drive mini cooper S, lexus IS-F,

Originally posted by video.starz View Post
                              woo... i like day date too, very classic look... but very very expensive!
                              indeed. the WG is my dream, but for now, it will remain just that .
                              Blue 6694
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X