Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How You Started Falling In Love With Rolexes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Moving Heart story behind every Rol_X !

Originally posted by UncleLau View Post
    My first time i set eye on a Rolex, it was my father watch. i remember i was around 9 or 10years old, we stay in an attap kampong in Ah Hoon Road off Baliester Road. I would sit in my Dad room, watching him clean his Rollie. I can feel that he was very proud of his rollie.
    One day he brought me out with him, we didn't talk. But i could feel great sadness in his face. We walked to a PawnShop just after Baliester Hill West Sch. That was last time i saw the watch. My Father never wore another Rolex again.
    I meet my Wife in 1988, now after 19 years of marriage later, i got a pair of Rollie for our anniversary. My father will be 70 very soon .Guess what i am going to buy him for his 70 birthday.
    Thks for sharing tis great story behind ur Love for" Rolex". My Best wish to ur next DSSD on the coming Big 50th bro
    Here is mine...but nothing great as moving heart as Uncle Lau.
    I was staying wit my Granny as a little child . One fine day,I spotted my grandpa spending his whole afternoon looking at his first new watch .It wasn't a Rolex then but a Seiko . He wasn't rich enough to afford a Rolex in those days.Yet , i could still see joy from his eyes that something personal bond between a man & a little timepiece.Many years has pass...a grown up myself, on my fist Pay cheque >tag Heuer2000 quartz movt.....Woow ! It was the hottest watch during 80"s. Then as the passion on mechical movt.watch grown deeper,I switched to collecting vintage 40"s-50"s. It was then I learn about some history on every brands. One fine days I sat by myself staring at my all hard earn $$$collections,I realised that is time to get a more serious watch .Absolute Rolex !! I do alot of search on internet for Rolex's history.....here>> PANERAI<<< was discovered.Fell in love on tis mystery over-size watch..since than is history. I had bonded closest to Panerai & Rolex ever.Every Panerai I own had some adventurous behind...that goes to all Rolex for Achievement & Celebration to all Big Boy like Us. Thks & sorry for making it too long for reading.Cheers

Comment

Poison !!!!

Dear Bro johnfish, At the end of the day it that watch poison that run deeper and deeper into our veins and telling us to buy more and more watches .......just like me, everyday wake up , lean over the drawer, take up our rollies and shakes . Day after day, week after week ......WHY ??? often i ask myself.
      Answers :- We all loves our watches whether it $100 or $10000, it the same !
      *** EMMANUEL***

Comment

when one finally owned his first rolex, he finally reached where his dad stood then or surpassed him. i guess in every son's mind, the urge to surpass his dad is ever so present?
        just like if u finally bought ya first benz or beemer like ya dad did, will you feel anything?
        a milestone in life perhaps.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X