No announcement yet.

Nice Car or watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• watch . as we grow old you need a big car for family . for me is a big car and more watches

Comment

• After reading last few posts, I'm glad my Toyota is still a healthy horse. About this thread, am sticking with watch > car. Unless I got spare cash laying around.. would have to say 5:2 ratio for it.
      sigpic

Comment

• Right now, with the 50 down rule, I'll go with watches instead.

Comment

• Watch AND Car...

Ultimately its a status vs a preference thing...

Comment

• Watch too. To down 50% for a new car is too much (IMO). Can get a good watch first and see how the COE moves before deciding

Comment

• Originally posted by terry79 View Post
              Watch too. To down 50% for a new car is too much (IMO). Can get a good watch first and see how the COE moves before deciding
              Downing 50% for car is a must.
              Welcome that rule.

Comment

• IMO getting a car now is not worth at all. but if it was before the implementation, a decent car with a decent watch. i believe those who can afford a decent timepiece definitely can afford a decent car

Comment

• Agree, thinking of downgrading my car, so that I can have more money in my pocket to collect new watches!

Comment

• Originally posted by torc View Post
                    IMO getting a car now is not worth at all. but if it was before the implementation, a decent car with a decent watch. i believe those who can afford a decent timepiece definitely can afford a decent car
                    Depends on what you mean by "decent" and what you mean by "afford"

A watch and a car are vastly different.
                    A decent watch may likely appreciate in value
                    A decent car will likely never (what happened to COE in last few years was black swan event)

A decent watch will not need maintenance every six months nor petrol nor parking, nor insurance etc...
                    A decent car requires additional $10k a year for maintenance and usage.

Therefore, someone can buy a decent $10k watch in full cash but he may not be able to afford a decent $100k car even if he takes a loan.

This is simply to show the difference between cars and watches.
                    There isnt a fair basis for comparison as one could be a "need" and the other purely a want.

Comment

• Originally posted by monyat View Post
                      Agree, thinking of downgrading my car, so that I can have more money in my pocket to collect new watches!
                      Thats probably more financially prudent.

Likewise, i'm gonna renew my COE when it comes. No point throwing away 2 gold Rolexes away every year. Throw one away can already, hahaha

Comment

• If have to choose one it will be watches

Comment

• Any Rolex > any Merc, BMW or Audi or better > watches, watches more watches
                          Last edited by allxxlla; 25-12-13, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Car is still my weaker spot...

Comment

• It would be great to have nice cars and beautiful watches to go hand in hand... but the reality is that it just isn't practical for such perfect match to happen in Singapore. If cars in Singapore were without COE and as cheap as those in Europe or US... owing nice cars, big houses and beautiful watches would had been more possible. A fine timepiece may last you eternity but a car in Singapore is not.

Comment

• Originally posted by azzuraz View Post
                                It would be great to have nice cars and beautiful watches to go hand in hand... but the reality is that it just isn't practical for such perfect match to happen in Singapore. If cars in Singapore were without COE and as cheap as those in Europe or US... owing nice cars, big houses and beautiful watches would had been more possible. A fine timepiece may last you eternity but a car in Singapore is not.
                                Haha, dude, nice cars and expensive watches will never be PRACTICAL, not here, not anywhere......

But not practical doesnt mean not possible.....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X