Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• derrick1973
    replied
    PPDL is relatively easy but I dont think you can sail a yacht after tat. It'll take years of experience before you can even be skipper of a yacht. Power boat (10ft) is very small compare to yacht (25ft and above). Also the height of it will be very difficult to berth (park) it. You'll still need an experience skipper to bring you outta jetty. Maybe after tat you can take over for a little bit of fun. Dont think anyone here wanna sink the yacht then swim back with life jacket

Just remember in the sea, dont really have right of way like we have driving a car. When you crash both party might have to bear responsiblities.

One more thing, like wat andrew mentioned the maintenance will burn your pocket better buy a rolex

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by The One View Post
    Never mind. Don't give up! Temporary rent a yacht and captain.
    Sigh... Bo bian hv to do it tis way lor...

Leave a comment:

• The One
    replied
    Originally posted by 4444 View Post
    Lucas, i salute u! I failed twice liao for my theory, no heart to take the 3rd time liao...
    Never mind. Don't give up! Temporary rent a yacht and captain.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Lucas How View Post
    Got my PPDL from SAFYC as well. The practical test is the easy part. All the best for the theory exam, esp all the night questions on different lights identification and colour beacons.
    Lucas, i salute u! I failed twice liao for my theory, no heart to take the 3rd time liao...

Leave a comment:

• pet
    replied
    Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
    evil ah pet!! err...how much to rent a small yacht or buy one huh?? anyone knows?
    dunno got rent or not, if got also alot of restriction.

those used small spd boat ( eg, those used local make 20 - 25' centre console maybe can get for less thn an average rolex sport model ).

go get lic, pass leow, get boat, bring us out fishing

Leave a comment:

• wolfeyes1974
    replied
    Originally posted by pet View Post
    wnt rsyc last wk... some pics to make wolf gain gain for boating lic

evil ah pet!! err...how much to rent a small yacht or buy one huh?? anyone knows?

Leave a comment:

• pet
    replied
    wnt rsyc last wk... some pics to make wolf gain gain for boating lic

Leave a comment:

• Lucas How
    replied
    hi guys,

i was wondering if anyone will be interested to enrol for this course? around $400 for theory and practical lessons (2days)

http://www.safyc.org.sg/ppcdl.html

learn another skill...govt say one.....

anyone taken this course before or own a yacht (suddenly bo liao and feel like finding out more info of owning a small yacht...hahaaa)?

cheers

james
    Got my PPDL from SAFYC as well. The practical test is the easy part. All the best for the theory exam, esp all the night questions on different lights identification and colour beacons.

Leave a comment:

• feilong108
    replied
    hahaha...yacht not for me lar...at sea too often for my liking liao....always prefer land..lol....

Leave a comment:

• pet
    replied
    hi guys,

i was wondering if anyone will be interested to enrol for this course? around $400 for theory and practical lessons (2days)

anyone taken this course before or own a yacht (suddenly bo liao and feel like finding out more info of owning a small yacht...hahaaa)?

cheers

james
    ah james,

try ask http://www.rsyc.org.sg/
    if they hv, lesson conduct there... yr test also there at the poly marina ( which is next to rsyc ).

yr theory test at SP.

i

Leave a comment:

• pet
    replied
    Originally posted by louisoh View Post
    Ask pet.... psyco him to buy 1 so can join on his fishing trips..
    bo lui leh

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    I think Andrew has a small 1 or something right?
    small wht.. didi ?

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    I think Andrew has a small 1 or something right?

Leave a comment:

• louisoh
    replied
    Ask pet.... psyco him to buy 1 so can join on his fishing trips..

Leave a comment:

• wolfeyes1974
    started a topic Yacht licence/course

Yacht licence/course

hi guys,

cheers

james

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X