No announcement yet.

Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm... Might not be a good idea to adopt a k9 from SPCA if it can't keep it's paw of my watches.
    I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
    http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

Hahahaha.....my 7 yrs old girl is a Dog - Wis if there is such a term....always look at watches but never touch or paw the watches....
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
        is it hard to train a dog for security purposes? my place got people trespassing lately, and my bike kena stolen from my secure yard. (which is not as secure as i thought it was)

besides upgrade external security, im considering keeping a dog for the sole purpose of guarding the premises.

i wont let it inside the house, but rather build a small shed for it to shelter from the elements.
        think the maintenance of the dog is much higher than a security feature, if not a dog lover i dont think should keep a dog for security purpose and its unfair to the animal if it doesnt get the love and attention it needs.
        Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by MsLucifer View Post
          think the maintenance of the dog is much higher than a security feature, if not a dog lover i dont think should keep a dog for security purpose and its unfair to the animal if it doesnt get the love and attention it needs.
          how much money/time is normally is needed to maintain a dog?

i do sit on 1012sqm land (yes thats square meters!!) so plenty of room for the dog to run about. not enough?

ive never had a pet before, and infact have bad experiences with dog (they love to bite me for some reason )

excuse the n00b questions because when comes to dogs (or animals in general) suaku here
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
            Whole-heartedly agree with Bro Lolex-kia! Don't let a few bad adoptions from SPCA cloud your judgement. Mongrels are hardy, appreciative and very loyal/loving..and above all, tend to shed less fur.
            My two mutts are adopted strays and they've given me only love (and a few love-bites) and a large part of my small world revolves around them; we even sleep together (ok, this sounds off, I know....)
            Of course, all dogs are capable of love and to be loved but to be able to rescue one from a shelter (and potentially save its life) is much more enriching than buying from a pet store/puppy mill.
            Naturally, the choice is yours to make and an important one at that, so consider carefully : )
            I totally agreed.... adopt and not buy, there are so many dogs being abandon by their owner (for whatever excuses they deem as valid reasons).

Pets are for life, treat them as your kids (you don't see kids being given away) and they will love you back whole heartedly. I have 2 furkids myself, a westie rescued from the streets and a westie/maltese mix adopted from one of the dog care groups.

There are other dog care groups that re-homed abandon/stray dogs... below are a couple of them: -
            1) Hope dog rescue
            2) Zeus communication

Do check them out if you are sincere and ready to accept a dog into your life... its a commitment and do consider carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
              how much money/time is normally is needed to maintain a dog?

i do sit on 1012sqm land (yes thats square meters!!) so plenty of room for the dog to run about. not enough?

ive never had a pet before, and infact have bad experiences with dog (they love to bite me for some reason )

excuse the n00b questions because when comes to dogs (or animals in general) suaku here
              Unless you are good with dogs and especially at handling them, I don't think its a good idea to get a dog for security reasons. guard dogs need special training and tend to belong to the more aggressive breeed such as rotties, german sherphards etc. these dogs are large and strong. and if not trined or handled properly can cause injuries to yourself or even others. You might have a large space for the dog to run around but you'll still need to walk them around outside your compound. can you imagine yourself being couped up in your compound for more than 7 days? dogs bleed and feel pain and discomfort just as we do. I'd strongly advise that you think it through carefully b efore deciding on geting a guard dog. moreover, dogs are man's best friends, not slaves.

Comment

I love dogs but dun own any cos little TLC left...lol

Comment

With asthma you should get a hypoallergenic dog.

You could google for a comprehensive list of hypo allergenic dogs. But the ones with better temperament/ easier to train for 1st time owners would be Maltese, Bichon Frise and Labradoodle.

Maltese and labradoodle often pop up for adoption.

Hope dog rescue, ASD, SPCa are good starting points. Best to bring some one with you who knows about dogs to help to assess the dog's temperament before you decide to adopt.

P.s these hypoallergenic dogs are very furry but don't shed so that's why they are hypoallergenic. Meaning which the loose hairs matt, aka you need to spend alot of time grooming them or just keep their hair short(= grooming costs, long hair breed grooming cost can be from 45 - 80 dollars per month.)

But then if your asthma is bad, ie you are on multiple inhalers then not a good idea cos hypoallergenic doesn't mean non allergenic.

Would be heart breaking to give up the dog after having it for a few months..

Hope you become a pet guardian soon!

Comment

Originally posted by golfballstick View Post
                    I love dogs but dun own any cos little TLC left...lol
                    I'm really dreading the day when mine will embark on his journey... He's gonna be 8 in a coupla months...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X