This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My horrible experience with Bronze Age

Just to share my horrible experience with you guys on my visit to Bronze Age at Chinatown 2 hours ago.

I hate to write a wall of text to prove my point because I believe pictures speaks better.

Before

After

What I did was just get them to install a new plastic dome over the dial as mine has dropped off yesterday. And what do I get? A badly scratched dial, a speck of sand on the dial, and the second hand stops at the 2 o'clock marker periodically.

Now this piece is a 1950s Russian Poljot with a rare calendar dial. Granted that it does not cost as much as a rolex, it is much easier to find a red sub than a watch like this.

It's horrible. My rolex is still there for an overhaul. I think I will go down later to take it back before they operate on it.

Bro,

1950s.........!!! I'd be strangling ppl already if it was me

Comment

Empathise with you bro. Was the retailer aware?
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I'm going back later to tell them off and take my rolex back. Not going to let them ruin the watch my dad left me.

Simply put, they've destroyed a piece of history.

I only found out when I examined the watch in the office. What's more, this shop was recommended by a friend of mine. *Sigh*

Comment

omg...it looks bad....you didn't check the condition when u received the watch back at the shop????i mean the damage seem obvious without any loupe or wad...
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Didn't have the time. I was rushing back as lunch hour was up.

I just called them up to tell them not to touch the other watch that I left with them for servicing. I'm going to find another ex-Rolex technician to do the job.

Over the phone, the lady was still in denial that they scratched the dial. I'm going down later after work.

Comment

Things like that makes you feel so helpless...

Thanks for raising the alarm and do go down fast; b4 they touch your Rolex
              Old Rolex parts are so hard to find these days, do be careful who you left them with.
              Update us.

Comment

Hopefully everything can be resolved to everyones' satisfaction...
                to be fair to them, last year, I sent in my dad's rolex for servicing and they did a great job...
                All the best and update us as to the outcome ...
                "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                three times is enemy action and
                over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                ."

Comment

I've already called them to not service my watch so it should be okay since nobody works on something when they know they won't be paid.

I'm sure some of the guys here would have good experiences with them. My friend strongly recommended them since his group of rolex collectors were regulars there due to the supposedly good service.

I wouldn't expect them to pay since the watch is invaluable to me. To be honest, even an omega of that vintage is easier to find on ebay than the dial that they scratched. I've just checked ebay hoping to find a watch with the same dial. Nothing!

Comment

I empathise with you... but problem is (which you probably know also) that you stepped out of the shop without checking, which gives them the chance to refute whatever you say now.

But I do hope that both parties can come to an amicable resolution to this. My heart is with you, bro...
                    The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

sad to see such service. both parties should take one step back and look at this situation from a fresh point of view and work to resolve the problem at hand.

given that they are a "professional" one would expect better service.
                      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                      Blue 6694
                      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

sorry to hear that. i serviced my chronograph there once and had no problem. hope everything will work out fine for you...

Comment

Just took my rolex back from them last evening. First thing they did was to tell me off for posting my experience here and ruining their credibility (all THREE of them at the same time). Let me clarify on this first. EVERY consumer has a right to share their experience on their purchases. The Internet is simply a platform and YOUR choice of not responding to this thread as a company is no fault of mine. You CHOSE to expose this thread to public interpretation of the perceived truth from what I have posted by NOT replying your side of the story in the thread. It is YOUR choice.

Not just to add some clarification to this thread and closure.

Customer brings watch with a missing acrylic crystal to watch shop. Watch was kept in pocket with all hard objects removed from the pocket. Customer kept his hand in the pocket to protect the watch from knocking against anything.

Customer is CERTAIN that watch was presented without the scratches highlighted in the first post. There are other light scratches on the dial that were already present beforehand and naturally were not highlighted in the thread.

Watchmaker is CERTAIN that he did not scratch the dial and customer could have scratched the watch since he did not present the watch in a case or plastic sheet.

Naturally both customer and watchmaker do not have a photo of the watch at the time presented at the shop. Hence there's no proof from both parties.

That said, customer has not made any refund demands for the $15 for the acrylic crystal as service has been fulfilled to install the acrylic crystal and $15 is nothing compared to a precious watch.

As a closure, I would like to say that watchmaker has performed an excellent customer service in explaining to me the rolex that my dad left me in terms of what was real and what wasn't. Turns out that the case was not an authentic case as my dad has changed it previously. It's just a sad case for me which may or may not be an one-off incident since I went to the shop as many friends recommended me to patronise them. That said, I will naturally share with these friends my experience as well since they have shared their experience with me.

I have since collected the unserviced rolex from the watchmaker and will be turning to another watchmaker for servicing. If anyone has any recommendations, please PM me. Thanks.

IF the watchmaker truly wants to refund me for my loss, I would appreciate it if you could try to find the same watch with the exact same dial for me. I would pay you the amout that you have paid for it.

Sorry for the wall of text as this is what the watchmaker has requested.

Comment

hey bro

sorry to hear about your experience.... I've bought a few watches from them and had good experience, and found them helpful as sometimes they also adjust small things without charging - so service for me was good.

...if you carry a watch around without its crystal in your pocket ... even friction from the fabric can damage the dial as you walk.

One time I took a submariner dial to this shop and had them install it into my sub. I took the dial alone wrapped in tissue, and placed in a jewel case.

They did a great job ... and even pointed out 1 tiny scratch on the replacement dial which I squinted and couldn't even see myself no matter how hard I looked...!

Anyway, since you say there is closure then let the matter rest lah... or very heartache.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X