Market issit bad now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Market issit bad now?

My fren in shipping line told me not much shipping business these days. Market bad. Fren with a small provision shop told me market bad.

Also noticed that recently resale watches hard to sell. Some hot models that were grab up easily just early this year got some problems off loading now. This is what I noticed while viewing the buy/sell corner.

Think the watches is prob due to saturation?
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

normally models don't remain "hot" indefinitely, sub C was very hot when first released, so was the pam 372, but once supply catches up with demand, or once prior year new releases are replaced with current year models, price will generally decline...
      elusive

Comment

bro. not only one model. i am beoing several models that will kenna snatched up within hours early this year. now can post for weeks and yet still available.

Comment

My company deals within a wide range of business segments (from bakery to sulphur). We are seeing quite a significant drop in business. Everyone is getting affected (rising cost, lower demand, increase competition, etc). Most people are being extra cautious now as no one knows what's going to happen in the next few months.

With the drought in the US, expect a hike in inflation soon. So, right now, cash is King.

I was recently given a great offer to buy a new camera which I normally would not think twice of upgrading. However, took a deep breath and decline the offer. Do not want to deplete my bank account.

My top thing to get now is a new car (due to growth of family) and as it's well known the COE price is crazy (95k!!!!). Guess I have to live with my 5 year old car for a while longer. Properties prices also ever increasing. Unfortunately my pay do not follow the price increases. Even though I earn a bit more now than 3-5 years ago, somehow I feel poorer. Cannot afford so many things now that I take for granted then.

Comment

Originally posted by danheng1 View Post
            My company deals within a wide range of business segments (from bakery to sulphur). We are seeing quite a significant drop in business. Everyone is getting affected (rising cost, lower demand, increase competition, etc). Most people are being extra cautious now as no one knows what's going to happen in the next few months.

With the drought in the US, expect a hike in inflation soon. So, right now, cash is King.

I was recently given a great offer to buy a new camera which I normally would not think twice of upgrading. However, took a deep breath and decline the offer. Do not want to deplete my bank account.

My top thing to get now is a new car (due to growth of family) and as it's well known the COE price is crazy (95k!!!!). Guess I have to live with my 5 year old car for a while longer. Properties prices also ever increasing. Unfortunately my pay do not follow the price increases. Even though I earn a bit more now than 3-5 years ago, somehow I feel poorer. Cannot afford so many things now that I take for granted then.
            bro. the scary part is another sept 2008 might happened soon. and then follow by a hike in interest rates. then that will be very scary. i think not a good time to get a car now until you wanna kenna carrot.

Comment

yeah i suspect global economy is going south...

haven't bought a single watch in 2012 (which is an achievement by far)...tempted but still procrastinating...
              I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
              A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
              Audemars Piguet ROO
              Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
              De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
              Habring2 Pilot Time Date
              Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
              Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
              IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
              Panerai 270
              Patek Philippe 5711/1a
              Rolex 116610LV
              Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                yeah i suspect global economy is going south...

haven't bought a single watch in 2012 (which is an achievement by far)...tempted but still procrastinating...
                i also never buy any watches this year except a g-shock. hehehe

i dunno why but people around me telling me market bad. commodities traders beating mosquitos.

Comment

From my angle...it is bad since 2 yrs back in the 2010....til now.....nothing is improving...and market saturation is pretty bad in my industry....

Even the big boys are feeling the heat...
                  Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I doubt another 2008 will happen again but it will be bad. 2008 was a shock to the world like a balloon bursting while 2013 will be a like a punctured car tyre. its a known fact and its only a matter of time the air run out. 2015 will be china turn and it will be like a lorry tyre exploding

something interesting. a group of friend started interest in stock market during the 2007 bull and we all predicted a cycle... 2008 burst follow up recovery till 2012 where another incident will start 2013 that will drive the stock market lower... gold will hit 2000 and china will finish us off with a long deep slowdown...

we laughing about it then but if we all had dump our money in according to the plan i guess we be quite rich now... end up spending all the money on house and wedding haha.

Comment

Originally posted by khimwoon View Post
                      I doubt another 2008 will happen again but it will be bad. 2008 was a shock to the world like a balloon bursting while 2013 will be a like a punctured car tyre. its a known fact and its only a matter of time the air run out. 2015 will be china turn and it will be like a lorry tyre exploding

something interesting. a group of friend started interest in stock market during the 2007 bull and we all predicted a cycle... 2008 burst follow up recovery till 2012 where another incident will start 2013 that will drive the stock market lower... gold will hit 2000 and china will finish us off with a long deep slowdown...

we laughing about it then but if we all had dump our money in according to the plan i guess we be quite rich now... end up spending all the money on house and wedding haha.
                      this is hard to say. it may become something worst than 2008. lehman is just a bank. but spain, greece, italy are 100 times bigger than lehman. just the massive QE1/2 money printing saved the world. else the fundamentals of the economy is still in trouble. the economy has not recover since 2008. else us unemployment rates will not be at 8.2% after so long.

china also in trouble due to low exports. retailers in china closing down one by one.

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                        From my angle...it is bad since 2 yrs back in the 2010....til now.....nothing is improving...and market saturation is pretty bad in my industry....

Even the big boys are feeling the heat...
                        bro. right now euro zone is something that is gonna explode right in front of us. just a matter of when only.

Comment

Bro Leslie...now want to purchase watches i oso on a handbrake streak....

Now really hard to get nice watches above 5k liao.....

Hence the surge in Micro brands interest...easier on the pocket....
                          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Agree with your guys sentiments. Have been holding cash for a year now. Though losing few percents to inflation. Better than kana whacked 50% by downturn. Been through that in 2008

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                              Bro Leslie...now want to purchase watches i oso on a handbrake streak....

Now really hard to get nice watches above 5k liao.....

Hence the surge in Micro brands interest...easier on the pocket....
                              bro. nowadays i also dun dare to buy watches above 5k liao.

most is some g-shocks plus cheap hamilton from amazon.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X