High-End Watches on MRT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeresay View Post
    I wore a hulk and took mrt once. Many eyes were on me. I don't like the attention (most give me a smurk instead of a smile, like 'you sure bo, bro? Wear rolex and take mrt' kind of look - You'll understand what I mean if you have the same experience).

I will wear a 'normal' watch if I were to take mrt the next time again.

P.S. WHY? WEAR ROLEX CANNOT TAKE MRT AH?
    I think sometimes it is merely our own perception. We tend to form our own impression/idea of things which may not necessarily be so. Best is to be open-minded about it.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by jeresay View Post
      I wore a hulk and took mrt once. Many eyes were on me. I don't like the attention (most give me a smurk instead of a smile, like 'you sure bo, bro? Wear rolex and take mrt' kind of look - You'll understand what I mean if you have the same experience).

I will wear a 'normal' watch if I were to take mrt the next time again.

P.S. WHY? WEAR ROLEX CANNOT TAKE MRT AH?
      no one bothers to look at me, watch or no watch.... lol
      I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
      A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
      Audemars Piguet ROO
      Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
      De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
      Habring2 Pilot Time Date
      Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
      Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
      IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
      Panerai 270
      Patek Philippe 5711/1a
      Rolex 116610LV
      Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Monday on MRT Tudor vintage Sub 7021 est value $18k nobody look
        Tuesday on MRT Rolex Red Sub 1680 est value $18k Nobody look
        Wednesday on MRT Rolex YM 16628 full gold est value $23k Nobody look
        Thursday on MRT Rolex Sub 16618 full gold est value $23k Nobody look
        Friday on MRT Rolex Daytona 16528 full gold diamonds est value $30k nobody look

Today drove out Porsche 911 with Rolex daydate full gold diamonds , nobody look.

Verdict, what is high end to one is not high end to another and nobody looks and nobody cares lah!

Its just Self actualization....

Ps. High end is at least at least $50k so i consider all my watches NOT high end.
        Tons of other people wearing real high end watches and similarly, i dont care either.
        I just admire certain designs and styles regardless of price.
        Last edited by Trinidad; 18-02-17, 05:54 PM.

Comment

I saw someone wearing the rolex daytona platinum on the train. But not train to tell if gen or fake... in my mind was leaning to the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by kyo86sg View Post
            I saw someone wearing the rolex daytona platinum on the train. But not train to tell if gen or fake... in my mind was leaning to the latter.

It doesnt matter.
            Because, the watch is on his wrist and for his own self actualization.

Thats why at the end of the day, if one buys a fake watch to wear, one is cheating no one else but oneself.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelvin7808 View Post
              No 4 for me. Nothing wrong with wearing an high end watch taking the MRT. Singapore is one the few places where its safe enough to do that so why not? (Try wearing one in a new york subway going down and you will know wat i mean)
              Totally agree here !

Comment

Wah so many narcissists!!!!!! haha

Comment

Opt 4

Personally I think everyone justifies where they put their money differently. Some will place emphasis on transport whilst some will place emphasis on something else altogether. In the same manner, some will spend a larger % of their pay/savings on a watch than others but that may not necessarily mean this person has poorer finance management.

Comment

4. Once saw a Datograph on bus at Tanglin... and there are no fake datographs out there, not to mention that case finishing alone is hard to be fake...

Comment

• No issues at all.
                      I never owned a car - Nothing really high end on my wrist yet no issues for me even if I would.

Comment

• On my opinion, there's nothing wrong with that. There's many high networth individuals who like the transport system and prefer not to own a car. And to like watch and wear one as part of their outfit is totally fine.

Comment

• Nothing wrong with that at all - a true endorsement of our world-class public transport system!
                          Derek Tan
                          9271 8101
                          thederekdaily.blogspot.com
                          www.fls.com.sg

Comment

• Frankly its perfectly ok to wear high end watch on public transport.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X