Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice - Buying of iPhone 2nd hand with Apple Care

Hi my brothers in SG ROC and the moderators

I would like to advice all members when purchasing a 2nd hand iPhone from either our forums or from 2nd hand shops or even from anywhere else.

Please note that APPLE CARE Warrantly has its terms and condition. So please do not be fooled by having a sense of assurance when purchasing a iPhone 2nd Hand with warranty.

Take the following steps -

1) Ensure that the Warrantly Status is valid - Can check versus serial number on Apple Website under support

2) Check the Earphone Jack and charging port - ensure no red or discoloration. Apple will void the warranty due to liquid damage as this two places is where the water indicator is located.

3) When purchasing the set after the above is checked and valid. Ask the seller for the receipt of the phone - contract from the telco and match the serial/ Imei Number. Else if the buyer does not have the above, and if it was purchase also 2nd hand, you MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO GET A REPLACEMENT. If the seller identifies that he can authorize the set, you might need to verify with the telco that the set is under his name.

My friends, just to ensure everyone's clarity, if the iPhone is still under warranty and under the buyers name and if they can obtain a brand new set, the brand new set can fetch at least another 30-50 dollars more than the 2nd hand price. WHY WOULD THEY SELL IT TO YOU?

Iphone Warrantly is quite easy to get replacement as the HOME BUTTON frequently becomes unresponsive.

This is my 2 sense worth of advice.

THis above should apply to iPads. And maybe even Samsung

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X