Selling of watches in "Private Garage and Sales"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling of watches in "Private Garage and Sales"

I noticed that people like to give comment to the watch when it is posted for selling. Like the price shouldn't be this much should be that much. Do you all like the same thing happen to you when you wnt to sell your time piece. Sorry I just say what I think, if i were to offend anyone. CHEERS.
    Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
    Rolex LV submariner
    Rolex TT black submariner
    Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
    Rolex Non date submariner
    Rolex Explorer2
    More...

That is the beauty and the beast of an online forum.

The market should be a free place where one should be allowed to freely express his/her opinions. Obviously if a watch is going for a good price that the market is willing to accept, it will be snapped up.

Sometimes a piece may not be so well regarded or known in Singapore but going at a good price, then a little bit of a discussion would help generate the interest.

Other times, it may be that the price posted is unrealistic and the seller doesnt know. Then again some discussion would assist in enlightening the seller to revise his/her own price.

There may also be times when there are newbies that come into a forum in the hope of tapping into the collective knowledge, which may unsuspectingly purchase a watch for a ridiculous price, trusting that such things would have been pointed out...

Finally, comments serve as a free bump...

The magic of an open forum is that it is self censoring, and it is often clear to all what ones intentions are when it comes to posts.

Show us your wares

Comment

Agree...sometimes if the prices are abit ridiculous we have to tell him,otherwise he would never sell his watch 1. In that case,I put up my Rolex SS DJ for 10k...anyone wanna buy?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

U'd never know... sometimes pple will buy...

BTW since this is not a genuine sales thread, I would like to take the opportunity to post a query...

anyone heard of the super rare SAF Hamilton? (post below extracted from timezone)

"Rare Hamilton Khaki Singapore Armed Forces (SAF)Special Limited Edition

Selling 01 extremely rare Hamilton Khaki watch issued only to the armed forces of Singapore on year 2005. You will not be able to find this gems in the open market. Even selling such item can be deem as illegal.

Do You Want To Own Something Unique or Something Common???

This beautifull piece is not easy to come by. Don't miss this opportunity!!!
        You are not only buying a watch but the memories & stories behind the watch too.

Condition: 100% Authentic, Brand New Unworn (No scratch & dent). Watch keeping perfect time.

Movement: Quartz, Date display at 3 o'clock position.

Diameter: 38mm excluding crown.

Band: Genuine Black Leather Signed H600684120 Hamilton.

Case: frosted Stainless Steel.

Caseback: Stainless Steel Signed with name of the receiving armed forces personnel's name & rank.

Water Resistant: 50M

Presentation Box: 235mm(W) x 56mm(T) x 165mm(L).

Special Feature: Dial engraved with Singapore Arm Forces Logo. Watch packed in special RED presentation box.
        including 01 Tie Pin, 01 Medal Plate, 01 Crest (All engraved with SAF logo) & multilingual Hamilton watch instruction booklet.
        All beautifully presented.

Selling for usd200/=. Item in Singapore.

Shipping: Worldwide USD32/= (Singpost Registered Parcel with tracking number).

Payment: Wired Transfer(prefered)/Paypal(additional USD10/= imposed).

Please email me for photos of the watch. Please contact me for enquiries, all question will be answer within 3 days.
        "
        Last edited by Wisingapore; 22-12-07, 09:46 AM. Reason: :P

Comment

A forum is a place for members to voice their opinions/view/comments/suggestions freely. Of course, the content got to be appropriate, fair, relevant and correct. Thus, I see nothing wrong with commenting on selling prices of pre-owned timepieces.

If indeed the seller is so affected by such comments, then he/she should try selling it in online auctions or direct to dealers, and not in a forum. As for myself, if I do have a chance to sell anything in this forum, I sincerely welcome your constructive and fair remarks.

Cheers
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by Wisingapore View Post
            U'd never know... sometimes pple will buy...

BTW since this is not a genuine sales thread, I would like to take the opportunity to post a query...

anyone heard of the super rare SAF Hamilton? (post below extracted from timezone)

"Rare Hamilton Khaki Singapore Armed Forces (SAF)Special Limited Edition

Selling 01 extremely rare Hamilton Khaki watch issued only to the armed forces of Singapore on year 2005. You will not be able to find this gems in the open market. Even selling such item can be deem as illegal.

Do You Want To Own Something Unique or Something Common???

This beautifull piece is not easy to come by. Don't miss this opportunity!!!
            You are not only buying a watch but the memories & stories behind the watch too.

Condition: 100% Authentic, Brand New Unworn (No scratch & dent). Watch keeping perfect time.

Movement: Quartz, Date display at 3 o'clock position.

Diameter: 38mm excluding crown.

Band: Genuine Black Leather Signed H600684120 Hamilton.

Case: frosted Stainless Steel.

Caseback: Stainless Steel Signed with name of the receiving armed forces personnel's name & rank.

Water Resistant: 50M

Presentation Box: 235mm(W) x 56mm(T) x 165mm(L).

Special Feature: Dial engraved with Singapore Arm Forces Logo. Watch packed in special RED presentation box.
            including 01 Tie Pin, 01 Medal Plate, 01 Crest (All engraved with SAF logo) & multilingual Hamilton watch instruction booklet.
            All beautifully presented.

Selling for usd200/=. Item in Singapore.

Shipping: Worldwide USD32/= (Singpost Registered Parcel with tracking number).

Payment: Wired Transfer(prefered)/Paypal(additional USD10/= imposed).

Please email me for photos of the watch. Please contact me for enquiries, all question will be answer within 3 days.
            "
            I saw this before...they got it free from SAF. Not that rare la..since he said illegal to transact...then we report him want bo?

Comment

Hehe

Just thought that that was just the perfect example of a misleading sales post...

But i do wonder what it looks like... anyone got pics?

Comment

Originally posted by teo View Post
                I noticed that people like to give comment to the watch when it is posted for selling. Like the price shouldn't be this much should be that much. Do you all like the same thing happen to you when you wnt to sell your time piece. Sorry I just say what I think, if i were to offend anyone. CHEERS.
                I think that most of us frequent watch forums for the general objective of being better informed be it in acquiring that dream watch or just for the goal of learning new things. Any info especially those found in For Sale forum that opined on prices would serve that purpose particularly for the potential buyer to make a better informed decision. Of course, it shouldn't be done with malice and ultimately it is the judgement of the buyer that still matters. Juz my 2 cents anyway.
                HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
                REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                  I saw this before...they got it free from SAF. Not that rare la..since he said illegal to transact...then we report him want bo?
                  this watch should be given to those nsmen after serving 10years of ICT award right? SAF watch, i dont even want anything related to SAF loh. maybe will give some relative in China

Comment

Originally posted by wmatt76 View Post
                    this watch should be given to those nsmen after serving 10years of ICT award right? SAF watch, i dont even want anything related to SAF loh. maybe will give some relative in China
                    Yeah...if i m not wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                      Yeah...if i m not wrong
                      how u know ??

You not even enlisted yet .
                      1675/16610/116234/78240
                      Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
                      Hublot BB ASF
                      PAM 104J
                      Sinn 903 H2
                      Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
                      U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
                      If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

Look at me, i put up my M series subbie for sale at $7800. If no1 buy, i just keep it lor. Btw subbie is in great demand nw...who knows some1 might get it from me as some AD dun have subbie currently.
                        Submariner 16610

Submariner 16610LV

SeaDweller 16600

Explorer II Black Dial

Breitling Colt Automatic

Tudor Hydronaut II

Tag Heuer F1 Chrono(Orange)

SeaMaster 2253.80.00

Comment

Originally posted by marineguy8888 View Post
                          how u know ??

You not even enlisted yet .
                          Saw b4 la....on a forum...

Originally posted by lsk005 View Post
                          Look at me, i put up my M series subbie for sale at $7800. If no1 buy, i just keep it lor. Btw subbie is in great demand nw...who knows some1 might get it from me as some AD dun have subbie currently.

Comment

Originally posted by lsk005 View Post
                            saw a new piece Z series at THG taka on wed night, selling $7931, i din ask any discount. inner ring got this "rolex" engraving.

Comment

Originally posted by wmatt76 View Post
                              saw a new piece Z series at THG taka on wed night, selling $7931, i din ask any discount. inner ring got this "rolex" engraving.
                              Hahha..I was there yesterday,I also saw a Sub with date...but it's a M series. I asked for discount,but my SA say dun hav

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X