No announcement yet.

Model, character or investment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's more of the liking of a particular watch style. Don't really expect much from appreciation unless it's one of those sought after top 3 brands watches.

Comment

I suppose to a certain extent why certain brands appeal to me more than others may have something to do with rationality, for. e.g. brand recognition, re-sale value, and pedigree. My earlier purchases were made soley based on whether the watch appealed to me for whatever reason. But somehow or other, later purchases gravitated towards Rolex, Panerai, and Patek. Rolex for work, Panerai for outings and weekends, Patek for dinners and more formal occasions. Although I mentioned re-sale value, I've yet to sell a single a watch ever bought...

Comment

Originally posted by nlbs View Post
        I suppose to a certain extent why certain brands appeal to me more than others may have something to do with rationality, for. e.g. brand recognition, re-sale value, and pedigree. My earlier purchases were made soley based on whether the watch appealed to me for whatever reason. But somehow or other, later purchases gravitated towards Rolex, Panerai, and Patek. Rolex for work, Panerai for outings and weekends, Patek for dinners and more formal occasions. Although I mentioned re-sale value, I've yet to sell a single a watch ever bought...
        Don't we all face difficult times when parting with our watches? Haha

Comment

Originally posted by surfers View Post
          Style comes first. Unless it's one of the top 3 brands, there is nothing much about investment to talk about.
          Top 3 namely?
          Investment I think is subjective. I perceive mostly as luck as who knows? When some famous celebrity starts wearing your watch when no one is and suddenly the boom in sales of that brand and gain in popularity.
          In 30 years down the road, you have in your hands a vintage.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X