Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wealthy in SGP buying more luxury watches despite global economic problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wealthy in SGP buying more luxury watches despite global economic problems.

SINGAPORE: While other Asian countries have seen a recent decline in luxury spending by the wealthy, affluent Singaporeans appear to be bucking the trend.

A survey of over 20,000 of the well-heeled across 11 countries in the region showed that purchases of designer goods by rich Singaporeans increased from 11 to 17 per cent.

Those surveyed come from households with an average monthly income of S$6,500, or the top 20 per cent of the population in terms of wealth.

Despite the global economic situation, the wealthy in Singapore are buying more luxury watches, with purchases up from 19 to 24 per cent in 2012.

The Ipsos PAX Study on latest trends for Asia's upscale affluent population on lifestyle, spending and media consumption, also found that 70 per cent of rich Singaporeans now have smartphones, compared with 55 per cent in 2011.

- CNA/fa

A household income of $6500 puts one in the top 20% in terms of wealth? I would think it'll take a lot more to be in the top 20%....

Comment

Originally posted by lefty View Post
      A household income of $6500 puts one in the top 20% in terms of wealth? I would think it'll take a lot more to be in the top 20%....
      I agree. Also dun thk that is a correct avg to b in tio 20%
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Yeah, i would tink it takes >S$6500/mth to be in the top 20%, perhaps S$16500/mth?

Rolex owner since 2010
        Previously owned:
        Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
        GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
        Current collection:
        Datejust 36(116234) V serial
        GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
        Upcoming/Wishlist:
        "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

Looks like they missed out the "1" in $16,500!!

Comment

wealthy buy watches from SG-ROC forum ... no? LOL!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X