Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Datejust (white dial) or Expo 2(white) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Datejust (white dial) or Expo 2(white) ?

Having a headache getting a gift for someone, but can’t decide the model? Price diff no big issue for me.

Only know that the people like while dial. He is a sporty person but also likes/needs elegant design for some big functions occasionally.

Your choice?Also need some good advices.

Originally posted by Rolex116613
    Price no issue than buy Daytona or Skydweller. Both comes with White Dial.
    As said "Price diff no big issue", the Datejust and Expo 2 are both within my reasonable budget as gift. Thanks.

Comment

I would go for Exp II...it's elegant enough for formal occasions
      and at the same time it is a sports watch.

Comment

Originally posted by dennlow View Post
        I would go for Exp II...it's elegant enough for formal occasions
        and at the same time it is a sports watch.
        Read a little about DJ, this is a so-called classic design for elegant watches, so easily recognise over the world. BTW, that person also travels frequently. Exp II or sport watch is just so popular in Singapore, even I owned one.

Comment

if it's meant as a gift how about sounding out the recipient to see which he or she prefers?

Both models are very different. And looks and wears different on the wrist. Chrono vs gmt. No date vs date function. 40mm vs 42mm.

Both are equally compelling and attractive, really boils down to individual preference and functional needs.
          elusive

Comment

Originally posted by Rolex116613
            maybe it is a surprise gift leh.
            I vote exp 2
            That's why I mentioned to sound out the recipient, there are many ways to do it subtly
            elusive

Comment

Originally posted by satch View Post
              if it's meant as a gift how about sounding out the recipient to see which he or she prefers?

Both models are very different. And looks and wears different on the wrist. Chrono vs gmt. No date vs date function. 40mm vs 42mm.

Both are equally compelling and attractive, really boils down to individual preference and functional needs.
              My surprise gift is between Datejust 116200 White Roman Numeral and Expo 216570 white. Ya, both are very different, and that is why now stuck with don't know how to choose.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronyyk76 View Post
                My surprise gift is between Datejust 116200 White Roman Numeral and Expo 216570 white. Ya, both are very different, and that is why now stuck with don't know how to choose.
                So sorry misread the DJ for the Daytona. Poor eyesight plus tiny mobilephone screen.
                elusive

Comment

So sorry misread the DJ for the Daytona. Poor eyesight plus tiny mobilephone screen.
                  satch, no problem. You are here to give me advice, will appreciate any.

Comment

Explorer 2. the white dial command a lot Of presence.

Comment

That's why I mentioned to sound out the recipient, there are many ways to do it subtly
                      As that person prefers popular design, so you know which watch grab more attention?

Comment

Originally posted by jackjack View Post
                        Explorer 2. the white dial command a lot Of presence.
                        Jack, thanks. Hope this is the common view by many.

Comment

mayb TS can also share the age of the recipient & also if the recipient owns what other watches.. with more relevant info, then can recommend...
                          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current:
                          BALL Fireman Ionsphere
                          Rolex Daytona 116520 M series
                          Rolex Sub C 116610LN AN series

Gone:
                          BALL Trainmaster Pulsemeter Pro
                          IWC GST Chronograph 3707
                          Rolex Explorer II D series
                          Rolex Sub 16610 M series

Next Target:
                          Rolex Day-date 18239!! The president.. :D:D
                          AP????

In the meantime:
                          Save $$ ar!!! & hope strike TOTO or Big Sweep!! :pray:

Comment

Expo 2 would be a better choice. It's sporty and suitable for formal occasion. DateJust is meant for formal events, IMO. Moreover, nowadays man prefers bigger watch. Expo 2 42mm is very good, though DateJust 2 41mm is equally good size.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken3 View Post
                              mayb TS can also share the age of the recipient & also if the recipient owns what other watches.. with more relevant info, then can recommend...
                              Age Mid 30, don't know his collection but seen him wearing some Tag Huer and Longines (mostly sizes 38mm I think) for daily work. Not sure the 42mm of Expo 2 will bother him or not?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X