How I influent the prices of resale watches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rolex116613
    Don‘t worry, here still much more cheaper than AD.
    Assume such tactics is considered as one acceptable game that were decided by old timers here, then the bigger picture to invite new Rolex's buyer maybe missing somewhere.

The matter of fact is the fear of paying unnecessary more than what it cost is a very unwelcome feeling, everyone will avoid. Try to tell a newbie, "no worry to pay more because the price is manipulated", you will see how they react. To the extreme, they may even question "Rolex really hold its value?".

Really there is nothing one can do, if all decided this is okay and consider one kind of fair game. Then, have to keep warning the newbie to be very very careful of the price, and keeping tell them to do their homework before buying, to counter such game.
    Last edited by Ronyyk76; 14-12-12, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
      Haha, you never know.

Maybe some of these unusual sales over the forum are genuine...for example, a preowned Omega Seamaster 007 LE with a LIMITED production of 10007 pcs asking for $10007 actually got sold.
      Just to clarify..."got sold" according to what the TS/seller posted on his sale thread.
      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Such tactics have been used long time ago. Some even create multiple nicks, how you spot them?

Nick B post in Nick A's sales thread say watch is sold or bump the sales threads.

Members get creative to use different tactics to get their watches. Some times you succeed, some times you don't.

I will say look @ the thread beyond what it is, check their iTrader. Will you not be suspicious if a particular seller who keeps posting watch sold and gets zero iTrader rating? These are some tell tale signs that the seller may have an alternative nick. Another tell tale sign is that watches sold are generally say @$8000. Then this seller watches are usually sold say more than $500 difference.

This forum provides many tools and information for members to use. It is just that some members are just DAMN LAZY, want to be spoon fed. Start a new thread post what is the best price to get this particular brand and model watch. Expect the community to respond.

Browse the garage section and search for the models lah. The sold section contains almost 1 year worth of threads sold. Can see the estimated price what. I hate such members who expect to be spoon fed. Dont be lazy. Use the search function. Some more got step by step guide to teach member how to search. Other forum also dont bother to create such manual for user.

Sometimes members respond, these members dont even bother to say a word of thank you. I suggest that the forum/admin banned such leeches. they are of no use to this forum. Reward those members who share.

Comment

Originally posted by watchnoob View Post
          Such tactics have been used long time ago. Some even create multiple nicks, how you spot them?

Nick B post in Nick A's sales thread say watch is sold or bump the sales threads.

Members get creative to use different tactics to get their watches. Some times you succeed, some times you don't.

I will say look @ the thread beyond what it is, check their iTrader. Will you not be suspicious if a particular seller who keeps posting watch sold and gets zero iTrader rating? These are some tell tale signs that the seller may have an alternative nick. Another tell tale sign is that watches sold are generally say @$8000. Then this seller watches are usually sold say more than $500 difference.

This forum provides many tools and information for members to use. It is just that some members are just DAMN LAZY, want to be spoon fed. Start a new thread post what is the best price to get this particular brand and model watch. Expect the community to respond.

Browse the garage section and search for the models lah. The sold section contains almost 1 year worth of threads sold. Can see the estimated price what. I hate such members who expect to be spoon fed. Dont be lazy. Use the search function. Some more got step by step guide to teach member how to search. Other forum also dont bother to create such manual for user.

Sometimes members respond, these members dont even bother to say a word of thank you. I suggest that the forum/admin banned such leeches. they are of no use to this forum. Reward those members who share.

Fully agree except on the banning/rewarding part. Those who are free to spoon feed newbies do so willingly. Yes sometimes you got a bit upset when someone came in screaming for help and after several members offered advices the TS disappeared without a word or didn't provide an update of the problem he asked to be assisted with. I even got played out once by a sockpuppet (one with multiple nicks) who pretended to be a newbie. That didn't deter me from sharing with fellow members but I learn to open my eyes wider and be selective with who I communicate to in the forum.

Comment

In my mind there is always a feel about these tactics.

You put it out clearly in words man.

At times I see a model and series I wanted, but what? Priced higher than a second hand shop price? Who will buy? And it can get sold.

Don't see it often thought.
            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Fully agree except on the banning/rewarding part. Those who are free to spoon feed newbies do so willingly. Yes sometimes you got a bit upset when someone came in screaming for help and after several members offered advices the TS disappeared without a word or didn't provide an update of the problem he asked to be assisted with. I even got played out once by a sockpuppet (one with multiple nicks) who pretended to be a newbie. That didn't deter me from sharing with fellow members but I learn to open my eyes wider and be selective with who I communicate to in the forum.
              Nobody can stop one, if one feel proud of these century old tactic. But, There should be kind hearted people around to make things less complicated for all to live easier. U chose who u want to be.

Comment

Originally posted by watchnoob View Post
                Nick B post in Nick A's sales thread say watch is sold
                Haha this one I saw before. Guess the fellow logged on using different nicks at the same time and got mixed up himself
                Last edited by pegasi; 14-12-12, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Haha this one I saw before. Guess the fellow logged on using different nicks at the same time and got mixed up himself
                  Many have done that and pichiak lobang already...hahaha

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Many have done that and pichiak lobang already...hahaha

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Just to share an interesting encounter I came across recently at a watch shop which I sold my watch to. It's not nothing negative about the shop, pls don't get me wrong. But I just find it hilarious!

So I brought my pam xxx down to the shop and waited patiently for the owner to have some time to talk to me. It was a busy night and he asked how he could help me. So I told him I wanted to sell my pam xxx. He mis-heard and thought I wanted to buy... and told me that "wahhh.. this pam xxx very very hard to find... but if u really keen i can help u find"... ...

I clarified and told him I wanted to sell, and we started nego etc. Then he shared with me "actually this pam xxx a lot of stocks coming in, next few days got 7 pieces coming in"... But hang on, just a few min ago, didn't he just said very very hard to find lol

So, this is how the PROs manage customers' expectations

may be i can learn a trick or too lol.
                      elusive

Comment

AD also using this trick lah. Not surprising.
                        Its always supply vs demand and they know it, like our singapore house.
                        Yeah I know...
                        It's the sudden twist of story that I am amused about lol.
                        elusive

Comment

Buying from shop will be more expensive. Understandable, as they provide services, warranty and etc.

Fortunately this so called "common and acceptable" manipulation of prices has not gone too far, therefore now still cheaper than shop. But if the difference is just marginal, then shop will be a better place.

It will be quite messy if everybody thinks this tactics work wonderfully. Just Imagine, before one sell/buy, he or she post 10 over crazy prices at different time and date using different nick. How do we spot/stop? Practically nothing we can do. Think again, aren’t these crazy prices nuisance to all who really want a fair deal? Above all, most buyer and seller already had their price in-mind before looking for buyer and seller.

Frankly, such tactics is just punishing people who are less confidence and knowledge of the market price. If your buyer/seller disagreed to your price, then just ignore him, be more gentlemen.

Comment

1)......you sell your watch at $9000 and they dare to keep sms you $5000 deal now.

2)....Seller just trying to kill the pest and give good service to the sincere buyers.
                            1) Understand your pain on such crazy situation.

2) The low-ballers are everywhere, it a part of life things. To them, it is like buying lottery ticket. Be cool, unless you can’t wait to sell. Artificially pushing up your prices may not help to deter low-ballers. For instance, if you push your price from $9000 to $12000, low ballers will still be asking for same $5000. Take note that if you have over state the price, potential sincere buyer may simple ignore your post.

State the intended price. “Deal” or “No Deal” will just be an answer to your seller/buyer.

Comment

Originally posted by satch View Post
                              Just to share an interesting encounter I came across recently at a watch shop which I sold my watch to. It's not nothing negative about the shop, pls don't get me wrong. But I just find it hilarious!

So I brought my pam xxx down to the shop and waited patiently for the owner to have some time to talk to me. It was a busy night and he asked how he could help me. So I told him I wanted to sell my pam xxx. He mis-heard and thought I wanted to buy... and told me that "wahhh.. this pam xxx very very hard to find... but if u really keen i can help u find"... ...

I clarified and told him I wanted to sell, and we started nego etc. Then he shared with me "actually this pam xxx a lot of stocks coming in, next few days got 7 pieces coming in"... But hang on, just a few min ago, didn't he just said very very hard to find lol

So, this is how the PROs manage customers' expectations

may be i can learn a trick or too lol.
                              Stupid salesman...... honestly they need to use new technique alr..... lol
                              ROLEX.

Comment

14 years in sales has told me one thing.... Singapore needs to learn customer service.... there is NO middle ground here i.e. They either "stalk you around the shop" or "they totally ignore you"..... not the "in between level of service" which is what you want.

I've been thinking for years of teaching this here as its a course NO ONE offers : Awesome Customer Service for the Retail Environment .
                                ROLEX.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X