Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cash reward for 0% interest installment plan (Not for fussy members)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cash reward for 0% interest installment plan (Not for fussy members)

Was surfing the net for some nice / good deals and came across this and thought to share with those that are interested in using 0% interest installment plan for their big purchase.

Normally 0% interest installment plan does not give you any forms of rewards / cash back / etc. However, seems like UOB One Card allows you "Earn up to S$600 in annual cash rebates on everything you buy, every time, everywhere including your 0% Instalment Payment Plan purchases!" (copy from the website: http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards..._one_card.html)

Of course, there is a catch. I have taken the liberty to summarise as much as I can below:

1st catch: Minimum 3 transactions per mth to qualify (including the 0% Instalment Payment Plan)
    2nd catch: You get only a max of $150 per quarter / $600 a year

Generally the cash back is as follows:
    Spending $300 to $799 per month for 3 consecutive months ($30 rebate per quarter)
    Spending $800 to $1,499 per month for 3 consecutive months ($80 rebate per quarter)
    Spending $1,500 and above per month for 3 consecutive months ($150 rebate per quarter)

Installment plans can be from 3, 6, 9, 12, 24 to 36-months.

Just to give an example to better illustrate:
    Assuming you purchase a $15K watch on a 12 months installment plan using the UOB One Card, you will be paying $1,250 per month. For the next 12 months, you need to sign another two transactions per month and incur up to $250 per month to enjoy the max cash back of $150 per quarter. All in all, you get roughly 3.33% off your expenditure of $1,500 per month, not a lot but better than nothing.

PS: This is for members that are super calculative and wants to make use of all avenues to 'enjoy the best deal'. Do not flame me for sharing this as I thought it is another good 'excuse' to add a new watch to your collection.. And for those that are wondering, I do not sell credit cards.. lol..
    -----------------------------------------
    Current Collection
    Rolex Submariner M series 16610LV
    Rolex Explorer G series 216570
    Panerai 112 O series

Wish List
    Day-Date II 218239
    Jaeger LeCoultre Master Calendar 151842A

Gone
    Hamilton Khaki Navy BeLOWZERO 1000m H78585333

Just to clarify, the 0% interest installment plan does not work everywhere, it has to be one of the mentioned retailers in the website. Link is http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards...y_watches.html for watches..
    Most of the ADs are included.

You can check other electronics in the respective websites.
    -----------------------------------------
    Current Collection
    Rolex Submariner M series 16610LV
    Rolex Explorer G series 216570
    Panerai 112 O series

Wish List
    Day-Date II 218239
    Jaeger LeCoultre Master Calendar 151842A

Gone
    Hamilton Khaki Navy BeLOWZERO 1000m H78585333

Comment

Good info bro. I'm using the UOB One Card to consolidate my expenses to earn the rebate too. However, installment on big ticket items has its drawback as well... the most impactful one is that your credit limit will be drastically reduced until you pay off in full. Unless of course this is not your primary or only card

Comment

Useful info. Thanks for sharing!
        if better is possible, good is not enough

Comment

Originally posted by FredC View Post
          Just to clarify, the 0% interest installment plan does not work everywhere, it has to be one of the mentioned retailers in the website. Link is http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/cards...y_watches.html for watches..
          Most of the ADs are included.

You can check other electronics in the respective websites.
          If i buy from thong sia believe it is not there ?

Comment

Its must be the UOB One card right? Other UOB CC?

Comment

I use UOB One card for petrol at Shell. Sure more than 3 transactions per mth so I don't use it to buy anything else

Comment

Thks for info and example..

Comment

Thx for sharing

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

thx for info and example now just need to increase credit limit for card.

Comment

Coolz. Great way to save $$$$

Comment

Good Info bro, heard that some watch shop do not have 0% interest installment plans anymore...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X