The days when phones with keypads were the norm - Collectors Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The days when phones with keypads were the norm - Collectors Edition

Anyone else here collected or followed the phone trends back before the iPhone days when Nokia was at it's peak?

Happen to share a random picture which I took of my Santos with my 8800 Sirocco Gold and it kinda rekindled my previous love. http://www.facebook.com/groups/136779043040388/

I was in the era when colour screen phones first came out. Drooling at my rich friend's latest toy in school...like the 6610 and 7250!

Here are some of my ex-es,

My ever favourite...8800 Silver

I rmb having my door plastered with the adverts I tore out from my brother's newsweek magazine. And finally I bought a preowned one from Mobile Square @ $750. Remember the price still! Back then it was THE most atas phone before Vertu, the first with a cool premium queue when you are at the service centre cos you are flashing this phone. I knew I wanted it, took me a couple of mths of savings and there I got, The zippo lighter *kink* slide phone.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Nokia E90

The ever popular communicator series, it was THE phone after the 9300,9300i and 9500. A big jump and upgrade from them and I knew I had to get it. Dual screen, huge ass keyboard. Nevermind the fact it was chunky and heavy...it was also one of the Indonesian's fav phone before Blackberry took over the world back then.

Though my mates would laugh at my brick phone...I loved it nevertheless. Still miss this!

Comment

Nokia 8800 Arte

The Creme-de-la-creme

It was ridiculously priced when it first came out but....it was darn popular. The phone with the latest updates, decent camera, solid big screen(then),flip to silent feature,tap for clock feature, with a sapphire glass screen.

My longest serving phone, lasted me over a year(darn long for someone like me), I even influenced my cousin to get the same one! A long while after I sold it off, I got the Carbon arte and now it's history. No doubt, I would rank this number 1.

Comment

Some iconic Nokias...

Nokia 8910i

Nokia 7250

Nokia 6610

Nokia 7210

Nokia 8910

Do contribute and share your stories or pictures of your collection if you do have!

Comment

Originally posted by ljuay
          Lol Sister Darkangel! U know how I feel about these Nokia phones...

Nokia's Glory days may be over but She certainly made some of the greatest and iconic devices!
          Thanks! Hehehe..I m waiting for my bro with an extensive collection of 400 mobile phones to share!

Comment

Started my phone journey with the blue Nokia 6610i. That was when I was in P3, so imagine my excitement when my father finally gave me the "Green Light" to own a phone! Showed off quite a bit at that point of time, as not many people actually owns a phone when they are in P3. Kekeke!

Next, it was 2 years later when I was in P5. My dad got me the Nokia 6280, the iconic Nokia 3G slide phone! It was one of the first few 3G phones around, and because my form teacher owned the same phone as me, I kinda showed off quite a bit as well. Teehee! :P

Next was during Sec 1, when my 6280's slider jammed and I had to get a new phone. My family wasn't doing well at that point of time, so I settled for the Nokia 6120. That was a pretty good phone, very durable phone even after suffering tons of abuses. even had to use scotch tape to tap around the keypad to prevent the keypad from falling apart. Damn rabak!

Then, in Sec 3, I've finally got the Nokia E71, the phone that I've been drooling for months! It was pretty cool back then, with the "QWERTY" keypad and stuff. Again, that had served me well for 2 years.

Finally, when I was in JC1, I went to the dark side and bought the iPhone 4S. Somehow, I wasn't as excited when I got it, unlike the other time when I got my Nokia phone. Perhaps the novelty factor had wear off. Or perhaps my interests is no longer on phones. But well, it has served me pretty well since then, not much complains. But somehow, I'm still not really satisfied, and at the same time I got interested in the "Communicator" phones by Nokia, so I got a Nokia 9300 to sort of gain some self-gratification. Had to settle for the 9300, because I couldn't find the E90! So if anyone has got the E90, please do let me know!

HAHAHA so this is basically my "Mobile Phone Journey" in a nutshell. Will upload some photos, if I can find it, tomorrow!
            "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Comment

You guys still keeping these phones with you? WowY

Comment

Wow~~ after you guys have posted all these really brings back memories to my mobile phone collecting hobby which I used to have.

Collection dates back to the 80s & 90s era before smartphones came into the market. The times when Motorola & Ericsson was the most in thing.

Some pics for reference:

:bounce: [FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"]The importance of Fine Timepieces that keeps track of my time[/SIZE][/FONT] :bounce:

[U][B]Personal Favourties[/B][/U]:-
                [B][COLOR="green"]DateJust
                Day-Date
                OysterDate
                Submariner
                GMT Master
                Explorer I / II[/COLOR][/B]

Please visit: [url]www.dongfangrichard.com[/url] for more information!

Comment

Such nostalgia. Gone are the golden age of Nokia, Ericsson, Motorola.

the banana Nokia

Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

my first hp 8810 ! year 2000. $1200 !!!
                    my fav phone... the whole phone look like a mirror lol.
                    buy a watch u like & please wear it......

Comment

Originally posted by dongfang richard View Post
                      Wow~~ after you guys have posted all these really brings back memories to my mobile phone collecting hobby which I used to have.

Collection dates back to the 80s & 90s era before smartphones came into the market. The times when Motorola & Ericsson was the most in thing.

Some pics for reference:

Waiting for more of your extensive collection to come hehe!

Comment

i actualli still have the nokia 8100 & 8250 with me.
                        cannot on liao...
                        lol..

8100 - the 1st silver chrome slide hp
                        8250 - butterfly hp
                        diamond & sapphire glass are NOT friends!!

Comment

Remember the excruciating agony of PCN phones.
                          Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                            Remember the excruciating agony of PCN phones.
                            PCN?

The call zone phones?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                              PCN?

The call zone phones?
                              yup zone phones. Had one during ns and #^<~}^!**£

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X