X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cdior View Post
    i nv save any $.
    i spend almost everything.
    i worry i die tommorrow & i dont get to enjoy any of my hard earn $..
    if i get to live till v old & hv no saving to support myself, i will not regret..... because 我曾经拥有。。。。。
    well, we can always strike a balance between enjoyment and some form of savings i guess...
    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
    Audemars Piguet ROO
    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
    Panerai 270
    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
    Rolex 116610LV
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Very sian 1. Everytime got abit savings then will spend on this n that n wipe out liao, road tax lah, insurance lah, holiday trip lah, reno lah, n now the next thing coming up is buying another car since coe expiring soon liao

Marry early also got good n bad. Good that some $ being tied down to paying for the house n expenses for the house, bad is imagine if im single now without a house, i think i can live a superb comfortable life with the salary. Hehe

Now struggling between buying or not buying a car. N also about time to have a baby liao. Ahhhhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by eastsider View Post
        Very sian 1. Everytime got abit savings then will spend on this n that n wipe out liao, road tax lah, insurance lah, holiday trip lah, reno lah, n now the next thing coming up is buying another car since coe expiring soon liao

Marry early also got good n bad. Good that some $ being tied down to paying for the house n expenses for the house, bad is imagine if im single now without a house, i think i can live a superb comfortable life with the salary. Hehe

Now struggling between buying or not buying a car. N also about time to have a baby liao. Ahhhhhhh
        eastsider-san: Old people always say new baby bring you good luck: Re-organize your life and financial: And good luck with your new baby: Remember this don't ever never fill your new baby is a struggling:
        One Day At The Time

Comment

Everything do in moderation.

Comment

Sorry Hiroki-san, I couldn't make it for the last-minute outstanding prata session.
            Shall catch up with you during the upcoming anniversary event.

Comment

Dear Eastsider, congratulation on your new addition soon.
              I'm sure your baby will bring more joy to your family than any watch could.

Comment

Originally posted by Throttle
                You guys all sound quite young.

I think in early years, save / invest as much as you can.
                Allocate into real assets, not cars nor watches.
                I bought my first Rolex Sub in 1998 and wore it for a good 8 yrs before i bought another watch.

Bitter first , sweet later.
                I still live by that till today.

Dear Throttle, I share your sentiment in delay gratification.

But what induced you to conclude that we are sounded young?

And could you pls share with us when "early years" would end in your opinion?
                Does it peg to age or amount saved (invested)?

Comment

Originally posted by Hiroki
                  Mr:B-San. Maybe I going to miss this outstanding gathering.
                  Why very easy no asahi not going ::::::::: THE END???????
                  Hiroki-san, I'm sure you are one of those VVIP-mystery guests.
                  And you will bring your own Asahi. Haha..

Comment

Well said throttle!

Comment

I guess, i mean "young" in terms of a myriad of factors including, life stage, commitment, maturity and invariably income.
                      For everyone it may be different, however the biggest determinant is the responsibility that rest on your shoulders.

Take for example, if one earns only $5k a month, is looking to enter marriage, has no silver spoon, a $10k watch should take a backseat first.

Thats all i'm saying essentially.

To each his own , end of the day
                      As mentioned earlier, I share your sentiment of delay gratification, albeit a bit more extreme.
                      Not only do I emphasize on setting up a family first in early years, but also ensuring retirement plans (setting up assets to generate future passive income to ensure continuity of current daily lifestyle) are taken care of before going into higher end luxury items, like a $300,000 car or a PP-perpectual.

But I certainly do not perceive anyone with a different mentality as having an immature mindset.

Comment

Sorry if my words offended, they were not meant to.
                        Anyway tired of explaining. Plse take it that my selection of words was poor.

Over and out.
                        Cheers
                        No worries Throttle, I'm sure many here appreciate your valuable opinions.
                        Cheers.

Comment

Wow I thought it was talking about asset allocation when u are about to lay 6feet under but end up like how much u spend. All these are subjective. And like in Sg. We got average to well to do ppl here lah. All these personnel trainer are bullysh**! U need to motivate yrself to jog and maybe hit the gym once a week to keep fit and healthy. I goes to bishan/khatib ssc gym at least once a week. If u go there, just look out for mid 30s guy wearing a ballwatch on right hand and black ray ban spec. Cheers.
                          sigpic

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X